16th Legion of Vega
- June News Roundup 2020 - Supplemental
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For June 2020
- Did You Know? Other Games Come And Go, But MechWarrior: Living Legends Is Here To Stay
- Community Outreach - Michael At Metal Core Collectibles Talks About 3D Printing And Making Fan Designs
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For May 2020
- Read more →
|16th Legion of Vega|
|Unit Profile (as of 3067)|
|Nickname||Spirit of Vega|
|Parent Formation||Legion of Vega|
The 16th Legion of Vega was created as a "replacement" for the 14th Legion, which was wiped out by the Smoke Jaguars on Turtle Bay, in the early stages of the Clan Invasion. The unit was constructed from low-ranking academy graduates and warriors already being considered for transfer from their existing units. Officers who were respectable were chosen, even if they were not distinguished.
As of 3059, the unit had engaged in no significant actions.
Early in the Jihad, the Sixteenth arrived on Benjamin. They faced off against several Federated Suns units through most of 3069, but withdrew with heavy losses when the Word of Blake arrived on world. Three years later, the Sixteenth returned to Benjamin and fought the 45th Shadow Division in a few stand up engagements before they split into small commands and withdrew into the wilds of the planet. They continued to operate in small groups, observing the Blakists and feeding that intel to the ISF and High Command. A relief effort from the DCMS in late 3072 failed, costing the Dragon three WarShips and most of the 15th Benjamin Regulars. In a forlorn hope to alter the outcome of the naval battle, the Sixteenth tried to distract the Blakists by launching an all out assault on their headquarters, but this assault also failed. After that assault only a company of troops remained. Clan Nova Cat tried to link up with the few survivors, but the Blakists used two tactical nuclear weapons and destroyed the Sixteenth's position before the Clan forces could reach it.
Following the destruction of the 16th, some of the few survivors went on to band together with remnants of other destroyed DCMS commands such as the Ryuken-go and the 3rd Dieron Regulars to form the mercenary unit known as the Kouki no Otakebi.
|Commanding Officers of the 16th Legion of Vega|
- Officers from the unit were permitted to request a transfer from the 16th after one year of service.
The 16th uses artillery-delivered smoke rounds to create favorable battle conditions, either closing with an enemy under cover of the smokescreen or using them to conceal FASCAM-delivered minefields.
- CO/1st Battalion: Tai-sa Yorishiki Hojo
- XO: Chu-sa Kijuro Nagoya
- 2nd Battalion: Chu-sa Lawrence Sheppard
- 3rd Company: Tai-i Ryan Searcy
- 3rd Battalion: Sho-sa Angela Obuchi
16th Legion of Vega (Regiment/Regular/Questionable)
- CO/1st Battalion: Tai-sa Lawrence Sheppard
- Field Manual: Draconis Combine, p. 124, "Unit Profile"
- Field Report: DCMS, p. 16
- Field Report: DCMS, p. 20, "Mercenaries"
- Field Manual: Updates, p. 118