1st Royal Cavaliers
|1st Royal Cavaliers RCT|
The First Royal Cavaliers RCT were born during the FedCom Civil War as a merger of Bremond Draconis March Militia, the Milligan Draconis March Militia and a free mixed brigade. A Loyalist unit, it was nevertheless cleared of all charges of war crimes and officially commissioned into the AFFS by late 3067. 
During the Jihad the First Royal Cavaliers were assigned to the Outback. There they faced off against several pirate bands and drove them out of the Federated Suns. In 3079 the Cavaliers were based on Crofton.
After rebuilding on Crofton, the First Royal Cavaliers returned to the Outback, this time forming part of the defenses of the Periphery March. There they split into three separate commands and garrisoned Crofton, Rentz, and Delos IV.
The First Royal Cavaliers were on Palmyra in 3143. The gathering of AFFS forces was intended to start a counterattack into the Draconis Combine. Instead the Cavaliers, escorting First Prince Caleb Davion, were destroyed by elements of the 5th Sword of Light.
Following the Palmyra Disaster survivors from the Cavaliers joined with other AFFS remnants to wage guerrilla warfare against the DCMS garrison. As of late December 3150 they were still resisting the Combine.
|Commanding Officers of the 1st Royal Cavaliers|
- Note: The First Royal Cavaliers were fifteen percent below their nominal strength. The equipment was fully upgraded and the unit was stationed on Crofton  .
1st Royal Cavaliers RCT (Regular/Reliable)
- CO: Marshal Loren Reitmann
- CO: Commodore Eusebio Crncevic
1st Royal Cavaliers Armor Brigade (Regular/Questionable)
- CO: Major General Fidel Sorrentino
1st Royal Cavaliers Infantry Brigade (Green/Reliable)
- CO: Major General Imre Albertsen
- Field Manual: Updates, p. 125
- Field Report: AFFS, p. 8
- Field Manual: 3085, p. 56
- Era Report: 3145, p. 34
- Technical Readout: 3145 Federated Suns, p. 44
- IlClan, p. 121, "Still Going Strong"
- Field Manual: 3085, p. 72, "Anjin Muerto Combat Region (Anjin Muerto Command)"