2nd Irian Protectorate Militia
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For June, 2021
- Community Outreach - The Cauldron's Bear_cl4w and Krasnopesky Talk MechWarrior Online
- MechWarrior Online's Renaissance Is All Thanks To The Developers Putting Players In Charge
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For May, 2021
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For April 2021
- Read more →
|2nd Irian Protectorate Militia|
|Affiliation||Word of Blake|
|Parent Command||Word of Blake Protectorate Militia|
The 2nd Irian Protectorate Militia is one of the many militias raised by Word of Blake to defend the Word of Blake Protectorate. The unit was deployed in Irian. As of 3075, three Divisions had been raised from the planet, the 1st, the 2nd and the 3rd.
During the third week of June 3069 the worlds of Berenson, Irian, Procyon and Sirius were rocked by internal conflict as Free Worlds League Loyalists clashed with local government forces as a result of the local governments turning against the false Thomas Marik and the government on Atreus.
On the 18th of January 3074 Irian was raided by Regulan forces under the command of Titus Cameron-Jones and suffered heavy damage. The Free Worlds League government on Atreus loudly condemned the Regulan attack.
The pro-Blakist regime running Irian was overthrown on the 8th of December 3075; the resistance to the ruling regime had been fighting for years, largely in hiding, in a bloody campaign to oust the Blakists. The plan evidently involved - or had even been organized by - IrTech, and involved conspirators and rebels within the IrTech headquarters, the Protectorate Militia, IrTech corporate security and the local media as well as the existing rebel forces. As those probing attacks were launched, IrTech corporate security forces seized and locked down all of the local automated defenses and key facilities. A large rebel attack was then launched near the Kirin River while the local and planetary media stations all began broadcasting messages inciting an uprising, messages which also activated rebel cells within the Irian Protectorate Militia.
Those rebel cells included a significant contingent from the HeavyHell Raisers, who were reinforced with mercenaries slipped onto Irian by IrTech in secret, and who worked with the HeavyHell Raisers to secure the Irian BattleMech Works; the battle took place on the 8th of December, and saw the rebel HeavyHell Raisers having to go into combat with two companies of their comrades who had remained loyal to the Blakist regime.
The only Protectorate Militia formation to remain able to coordinate a defense were the remains of the three Irian Protectorate Militia, which fought for three days before retreating offworld. Their last fight was to defend the massive BattleMech production complex underneath Soapstone Mountain against the HeavyHell Raisers and Grandin's Crusaders. That time bought, gave the outgoing regime the opportunity to launch a scorched-earth retreat, deliberately targeting a number of IrTech facilities for destruction by tactical nuclear device. The Blakists devastated the Kirin River valley area, and their strikes killed more than a billion people as well as destroying the corporate headquarters of many companies - including IrTech and the Arcadia Mining Corporation - as well as heavily damaging the Irian BattleMechs Unlimited factories located in the Soapstone Mountains. One of those facilities destroyed by the Blakists was the sane Irian BattleMech Works plant the HeavyHell Raisers had helped seize.
|Commanding Officers of the 2nd Irian Protectorate Militia|
As long as a Protectorate Militia force is fighting on its homeworld and is acting as the scenario's Defender, the Protectorate Militia force receives the Force the Initiative and Off-Map Movement special abilities. If deployed as the Attacker in a scenario, the Protectorate Militia force loses its Force the Initiative ability, but retains its Off-Map Movement capability.
If deployed on a world other than its homeworld (such as an Epsilon Eridani force being deployed on Genoa), the Protectorate Militia force not only loses all of its special abilities, but also suffers a –2 Initiative modifier.
Although Blakist-based, Protectorate Militia forces may use standard Inner Sphere force arrangements (Lances, Companies, and Battalions) rather than Word of Blake force arrangements.
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents, p. 103, "protectorate militia deployment
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 47, "The Jihad In Review"
- Jihad Hot Spots: 3076, p. 48, "Timeline of the Jihad"
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 52, "The Jihad In Review"
- Jihad Hot Spots: 3076, p. 51, "Corporate Rebellion"
- Jihad Hot Spots: 3076, p. 60-61, "Chaos Overwhelming: Iron Giants"
- Total Chaos, pp. 144 "TURN YOUR RADIO ON"
- Total Chaos, pp. 144-145 "GUNS OF KIRIN RIVER"
- Jihad Hot Spots: Terra, p. 19, "Timeline of the Jihad"
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 55, "The Jihad In Review"
- Dark Age: Republic Worlds (3130), p. 160, "Irian World Profile"
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents, p. 103
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents, p. 103, "Rules Annex"