379th Division (ComStar)
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For August, 2021
- Sarna Interviews Ray Arrastia, BattleTech Line Developer At Catalyst Games
- Community Outreach - Converting HBS’s BATTLETECH Campaign To Tabletop With Riley Centrella
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For July, 2021
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For June, 2021
- Read more →
|379th Division IV-pi|
|Nickname||Hawks of the High Wind|
|Parent Command||Fifth Army|
Seeing action against Clan Wolf during the Battle of Tukayyid and the Word of Blake in the Chaos March, the 379th Division is one of the Com Guard divisions most adept at small-unit and urban actions.
Immediately prior to the Clan Invasion, the green ranked 379th Division, then a Sigma level mix referred to by the nickname of Blessed Thoughts, was assigned to the Ninth Army and was head-quartered on the Lyran Commonwealth world of Loburg.
Assigned to combat Clan Wolf during the Battle of Tukayyid along with the rest of the 9th Army, after the Wolves defeated the bulk of the 10th Army to take their primary target city of Skupo, the 379th joined the 366th Division in trying to reinforce the remaining divisions of the 10th as the Wolves began their push towards the secondary target of Brzo. Both divisions quickly found themselves under fire from the Wolves' Beta Galaxy and Khan Natasha Kerensky's 13th Wolf Guards as they attempted to prevent the Com Guard forces linking up, both taking heavy losses and requiring the addition of the 11th Army to reinforce them.   
Rebuilding with an increasing volume of Combat Vehicles and Infantry in the aftermath of Tukayyid, the green rated 379th was transformed into a IV-pi formation and adopted the nickname of "Hawks of the High Wind". The 379th was transferred from the 9th Army to recoup the heavy losses suffered by the 5th Army, taking up station on New Home in Sarna March. 
A mere shadow of its pre-Tukayyid self, the inexperienced 379th suffered major losses during Operation Guerrero and engagements with the Word of Blake in the Chaos March. However the constant combat gave its troops the seasoning they lacked, and by 3062 the Com Guards high commander upgraded the 379th Division experience level to veteran, considering them among the most proficient divisions at small-unit tactics and urban warfare , moving them to Carver V.  Unfortunately while operating in a de facto warzone for more than four years had horned their skills to a fine edge, it had begun to take its toll on the mental state of its CO, Precentor Dakkara Sin. Increasingly authoritarian and isolated almost to the point of acute paranoia, only the 39th's intense loyalty to their commander and fears of a division sized rebellion prevented ComStar from removing him from duty, desperately looking for some other solution. 
The 379th avoided involvement in the bitter fighting on their headquarters world of Carver V (since renamed Liberty) during the FedCom Civil War, instead working hard to prevent further expansion of the Word of Blake Protectorate. The unit received unexpected aid in this from the Wolf's Dragoons, while normally disdaining any contact with even secular ComStar, the famed mercenary unit reached an understanding with the 379th and was openly selling supplies to the division. 
|Commanding Officers of the 379th Division (ComStar)|
|Precentor IV||Lyn Snypp||3049|
|Precentor||Dakkara Sin||3055 - 3067|
The 379th's years of combating the Word of Blake in the Chaos March has made them highly adept at small-unit and urban combat. 
379th Division (Division/Green)
- Note: At this point in time the 379th Division was stationed on Loburg.
379th Division (Division/Green) 
- Note: At this point in time the 83rd Division was stationed on New Home.
- The Hawk's Talons Ill-pi: Demi-Precentor IX Ali Ahmad
- Dancing Shadows lll-rho: Demi-Precentor II Leroy Bacci
- The Harlequins Ill-pi: Demi-Precentor V Mark Gamb
- Inner Strength lll-xi: Demi-Precentor IV Natalia Kornas
- The Cavalrymen lll-omicron: Demi-Precentor VI Sylvia Solomon
- While the 379th's official unit insignia is an eagle's head, many in the unit also bear an unofficial insignia of a Jade Falcon impaled on a katana.
- 20-Year Update, p. 71 "9th V-lambda"
- Tukayyid, p. 90, "Campaign: Clan Wolf"
- ComStar, pp. 71-72 "Battle of Tukayyid"
- Wolf Clan, pp. 50-51 "Days of Armageddon - Wolf"
- ComStar, p. 85, "5th Army V-omicron (The Mountaineers, New Home Theatre, from 5 to 6 on the Inner Sphere Clock")"
- Field Manual: ComStar, p. 29 "5th Army V-omicron (The Mountaineers)"
- Field Manual: ComStar, p. 126 "5th Army V-omicron (The Mountaineers)"
- Field Manual: Update, p. 86 "5th Army V-omicron (The Mountaineers)"
- 20-Year Update, p. 71
- 'ComStar (sourcebook), p. 85'