3rd Claw (Clan Ghost Bear)
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For August, 2021
- Sarna Interviews Ray Arrastia, BattleTech Line Developer At Catalyst Games
- Community Outreach - Converting HBS’s BATTLETECH Campaign To Tabletop With Riley Centrella
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For July, 2021
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For June, 2021
- Read more →
|Affiliation||Clan Ghost Bear|
|Parent Command||Zeta Galaxy|
First Draconis Combine/Ghost Bear War
Two of the Claws from Zeta Galaxy were actively involved in the First Draconis Combine / Ghost Bear War, which began in 3062 with a suicidal attack by three regiments of the Alshain Avengers against Alshain. The Third Claw were called into action when the Ghost Bears responded to the Clan Hell's Horses invasion of the Ghost Bear Dominion during the Combine-Dominion War; the Third played a significant role in the battle on Predlitz, where the Third incapacitated the Hell's Horses' Khan during the battle for New Denver, the planetary capital, and were recognized as having performed particularly well. The Third took heavy losses and were still awaiting an influx of new recruits in 3067.
|Commanding Officers of the 3rd Claw|
|Star Colonel||Layne Vong||3061|
|Star Colonel||Emeril DelVillar||3067|
Trained to fight without 'Mech support. Make excellent marines and urban defense troops. Also proficient at working with armored vehicles. As one show case unit for battlearmor warfare the cluster is highly skilled in the use of infantry tactics.
Third Claw (Veteran/Fanatical)
- - At this point in time the Third Claw was stationed on Rasalhague and was at two-thirds of full strength with thirty percent of the Cluster using advanced technology.
- Field Manual: Updates, p. 60, "Overview"
- Field Manual: Updates, p. 61, "Zeta Galaxy (Claws of the Ghost)"
- The Walking Dead
- Field Manual: Warden Clans, p. 94, "3rd Claw Profile"
- Field Manual: Updates, p. 78, "Zeta Galaxy (Claws of the Ghost)"