3rd Hector Cavaliers (Clan Ice Hellion)
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For August 2020
- MechWarrior 5 DLC, Heroes Of The Inner Sphere, Previewed In Podcasts And Streams
- MechCommander Returns As a MechWarrior 5 Mod
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For July, 2020
- The Evolution Of Long-Range Missiles In BattleTech, or Why You Should Shut Up And Love The LRM-5
- Read more →
|3rd Hector Cavaliers|
|Unit Profile (as of 3067)|
|Parent Formation||Zeta Galaxy|
Around 3059 the Cluster was involved in a fierce defensive engagement which resulted in Galaxy Commander Curtis being severely injured. Curtis refused to surrender command, and the Cluster was split into two camps: those who supported Curtis, and those who supported Star Captain Carmen, commanding officer of Beta Trinary. The Third was stationed on the clan world of Atreus in 3067.
The Cluster along with the rest of the Galaxy moved to the Inner Sphere in 3070, they formed the Hellion secondary force under saKhan Conner Rood. They were tasked with securing the Periphery border in 3071. This force captured Anywhere, Somerset, Erewhon, Bone Norman, and Lackhove. In September 3071 they attacked Wotan and in October captured Gotterdammerung and Here. The Third were on Gotterdammerung in December 3071 when the Hell's Horse assaulted the planet, after taking heavy casualties they managed to retreat.
During the retreat from the Inner Sphere in 3072 the Hellions were ambushed by Clan Burrock's Zeta Galaxy resulting in the loss of three of their five JumpShips. One of the JumpShips was the Permafrost, a Tramp-class vessel carrying a Trinary of warriors and their equipment from the Third Hector Cavaliers. In 3075 the Clan Goliath Scorpion Watch reported sighting of this missing unit operating as a mercenary force near San Mateo and still using their original equipment and insignia.
|Commanding Officers of the 3rd Hector Cavaliers (Clan Ice Hellion)|
|Galaxy Commander||Philippe Lienet||3067|
|Commanding Officers of the 3rd Hector Cavaliers (Mercenaries)|
Because of ageing equipment, the Cavaliers engage in hit-and-run attacks.
- CO: Galaxy Commander Curtis
Third Hector Cavaliers (Regular/Fanatical)
- CO: Galaxy Commander Philippe Lienet
At the end of each movement phase, one 'Mech per Star can make a pilot roll with a +2 modifier. Success grants that unit an additional movement allowance equal to half its walking speed rounded down. This movement must be used straight away.
- Field Manual: Crusader Clans, p. 87, "3rd Hector Cavaliers Profile"
- Field Manual: Update, p. 72, "Crusader Clans Deployment Table"
- The Wars of Reaving, p. 69-70
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents, p. 29
- The Wars of Reaving, p. 98
- The Wars of Reaving, p. 159
- Field Manual: Crusader Clans, p. 177