V Hastati Sentinels
|Fifth Hastati Sentinels|
|Unit Profile (as of 3085)|
|Parent Formation||Hastati Sentinels|
The V Hastati Sentinels (also known as the Fifth Hastati) were formed in late 3082 when the Republic fought the Capellan Confederation. The first six Hastati Sentinels regiments landed on Tikonov alongside Stone's Brigade. There they faced five Warrior House regiments and forced them offworld. The Fifth has remained in their Prefecture, learning to work with a population that generally dislikes them.
In 3085 the V Hastati was stationed on Liao in Prefecture V of the Republic of the Sphere. The 513th Infantry Regiment within the 510th Infantry Brigade of V Hastati was held up as an example of an exemplary unit within the Republic Armed Forces that same year. Built in large part around a former Armed Forces of the Federated Suns regiment, the 375th Avalon Rifle Regiment, the ethos of the 513th was very much rooted in the professionalism and dedication of the battalion from the 375th that formed the nucleus of the modern Republican regiment.
|Commanding Officers of the V Hastati Sentinels|
|Brigadier General||Kelvin Atwater||3085|
|Brigadier General||Candita Morello
Fifth Hastati Sentinels (Veteran/Fanatical)
- CO: Brigadier General Kelvin Atwater
Fifty Armor Brigade (Veteran/Reliable)
- CO: Colonel Javier Arvizo
510th Infantry Brigade (Regular/Fanatical)
- CO: Colonel Lenny Paz
Fifth Hastati Sentinels (Elite)
- CO: Brigadier General Candita Morello/Kai Allard-Liao
- Field Manual: 3085, p. 180, "Hastati Sentinels"
- Field Manual: 3085, p. 186, "RAF Deployment Table - 3085"
- Technical Readout: 3085 Supplemental, p. 8, "Key Infantry"
- Technical Readout: 3145 Capellan Confederation, p. 14, "Predator Tank Destroyer"
- Operational Turning Points: Capellan Crusades, p. 14, "Combatants - Fifth Hastati Sentinels"