53rd Striker Irregulars (Clan Ice Hellion)
|Fifty-third Striker Irregulars|
|Unit Profile (as of 3072)|
|Parent Formation||Delta Galaxy|
During the Hellion Shell Games between 3068 and 3070 the Cluster arrived on Hector to relieve the 78th Hellion Lancers where they were engaged in a Trial of Possession by Clan Star Adder looking to secure a Trinary of Ice Ferret 'Mechs. The Irregulars defeated the Adders and soon moved on from the system.
In 3070 the Cluster moved to Nouveaux Paris with the rest of Delta Galaxy, arriving in September. Mid 3071 saw Delta together with Alpha Galaxy and the newly arrived Zeta Prime Galaxy form the primary attack force under Khan Montrose. This force moved against Clan Jade Falcon industrial worlds of the Falcon Occupation Zone, fighting in multiple systems.
The Fifty-third surrendered to Clan Jade Falcon on Romulus in January 3072 and were taken as bondsmen by Clan Jade Falcon. The Jade Falcons allowed the remnants of the Fifty-third to send a message to the Ice Hellions informing them of their defeat; the Cluster had taken so many casualties that the message was prepared by a MechWarrior, as there was no-one of higher rank left. The other Ice Hellion cluster defending Romulus at the time, the 150th Hellion Lancers, were destroyed in combat against the Falcons.
|Commanding Officers of the Fifty-third Striker Irregulars|
|Star Colonel||Perry Taney||3059|
|Star Colonel||Ward Tyler||3067 - 3072|
- CO: Star Colonel Perry Taney
Fifty-third Striker Irregulars (Regular/Reliable)
- CO: Star Colonel Ward Tyler
- Field Manual: Update, p. 72, "Crusader Clans Deployment Table"
- The Wars of Reaving, p. 56
- The Wars of Reaving, p. 55-6
- The Wars of Reaving, p. 69
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents, p. 29
- The Wars of Reaving, p. 84
- Operation ICE STORM Part Two: Winds of Spring, p. 55-56
- Field Manual Crusader Clans, p. 86, "53rd Striker Irregulars Profile"