- "Mech Merc Company" - A Love Letter To MechWarrior 2, Now On Steam Early Access
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For April 2020
- What ‘Mech Would You Survive The Coronavirus Outbreak In?
- MechCombat from Ralph H. Reed
- Catalyst, Coronavirus, And Clan Invasions - Interview With BattleTech Art Director Brent Evans
- Read more →
|Manufacturer||Blackwell Heavy Industries|
|Mech type||Inner Sphere BattleMech|
|Chassis||BLKWL-52gls Endo Steel|
|Communications System||Dalban Micronics|
|Targeting Tracking System||Dalban HiRez II|
|Heat Sinks||18 Double Heat Sinks|
|Jump Jets||Geotec 300|
The Gallowglas was designed to counter the threat of the Clans. The 'Mech is produced by Blackwell Heavy Industries on Outreach and is built to be effective from its longest range to point blank range. The 'Mech is built using a BLKWL-52gls Endo Steel chassis to save weight and a VOX 280 fusion engine for its durability. The Gallowglas is protected by a respectable twelve tons of armor, and the 'Mech uses eighteen double heat sinks to handle its heavy heat load.
Weapons and Equipment
The weapons payload on the Gallowglas is an all energy arsenal. The primary long-range weapon is a Tiegart Magnum ER PPC, which provides a powerful long-range punch. For intermediate ranges, the 'Mech carries two Sunglow Large Lasers. Finally, for short-range protection, the 'Mech has two Magna Quasar Medium Pulse Lasers and a Magna Starglow Small Laser.
- The 2GLS variant of the Gallowglas is modified to increase its long-range effectiveness. This is done by removing the ER PPC, a Medium Pulse Laser, the Small Laser, as well as eight double heat sinks and replacing them with a Blackwell Fury Gauss Rifle and two tons of CASE protected ammunition. This modification greatly reduces the 'Mechs heat load and gives it a greater damage potential at long range. BV (1.0) = 1,664, BV (2.0) = 1,857
- The 3GLS expands on the 2GLS Model. The 'Mech is built using a Light Fusion Engine and uses the saved weight to substantially improve the 'Mech's armor protection and accuracy. All of the 'Mech's weapons have been linked to a Targeting Computer, giving them greater accuracy. The 'Mech has also had an additional ton of armor added. The laser arsenal has been upgraded to two ER Large Lasers and an ER Medium Laser. Finally, the 'Mech has had Triple Strength Myomers added, which allow the 'Mech to move at a top speed of 86.4 km/h when it is operating in the proper heat range. BV (1.0) = 1,642, BV (2.0) = 2,291
- The 4GLS Gallowglas is a simple upgrade of the 2GLS which replaces both Large Lasers with two ER Large Lasers and the Medium Pulse Laser with an ER Medium Laser. The saved weight is used to make the 4GLS capable of jumping up to one hundred and twenty meters. BV (1.0) = 1,667, BV (2.0) = 1,944
- An electronic warfare variant of the GAL-4GLS model introduced immediately prior to the Word of Blake attack on Outreach that destroyed the Blackwell factories, the 4GLSA drops one of the ER Large Lasers to free up weight to carry a Guardian ECM Suite, a head-mounted Defiance B5Le ER Small Laser, two additional rear-facing ER Medium Lasers, and an extra double heat sink. BV (2.0) = 2,017 
- Gallowglas WD
- A variant of the Gallowglas available only to the Wolf's Dragoons, the Gallowglas WD is built using all Clan technologies. The 'Mech carries an ER PPC as its primary weapon, and two ER Medium Lasers and two Small Pulse Lasers for close range combat. The WD variant uses the weight savings from this lighter weapon loadout to increase its engine size, allowing for a maximum speed of 86.4 km/h, making the WD a highly maneuverable and effective 'Mech. BV (1.0) = 2024, BV (2.0) = 2,094
- Loren Jaffray, Death Commando and later officer of Northwind Highlanders piloted a Gallowglass, a gift from William McLeod, during the battles for independence of Northwind.
- MUL online date for the Gallowglas
- Combat Operations, p. 136
- Record Sheets: 3055 Upgrades Unabridged, p. 83
- Record Sheets: 3055 Upgrades Unabridged, p. 84
- Technical Readout: 3085, p. 190
- Record Sheets: 3085 Unabridged — Old is the New New, p. 98
- Record Sheets: 3055 Upgrades Unabridged, p. 85
- Record Sheets: 3055 Upgrades Unabridged, p. 86
- Starterbook: Wolf and Blake, pp. 24, 107.
- Record Sheets: 3055 Upgrades Unabridged, p. 88
- BattleMech Manual, p. 91 Design Quirk Table - Gallowglass Entry.
- BattleMech Manual
- Combat Operations
- Master Unit List: Battle Values
- Record Sheets: 3055/3058
- Record Sheets: 3055 Upgrade
- Record Sheets: 3055 Upgrades Unabridged
- Record Sheets: 3085 Unabridged — Old is the New New
- Starterbook: Wolf and Blake
- Technical Readout: 3055
- Technical Readout: 3055 Upgrade
- Technical Readout: 3085