- Community Outreach - The Robert N. Charrette Collection
- New Heavy Metal Trailer For HBS’ BattleTech Reveals New ‘Mech: The Bull Shark
- You Can Now Play MechWarrior 2 And MechWarrior 2: Mercenaries On Your Browser... Sort Of
- Talking BattleTech Fiction with Philip A. Lee
- Community Outreach - Tex Talks BattleTech
- Read more →
|Introduced||Succession Wars era|
|Mech type||Inner Sphere IndustrialMech|
The quadrupedal GS-54 Guard is among the most well-known SecurityMech designs, named alongside the likes of the Copper, Pacifier and Inquisitor. It is not spelled out if the Guard is built to BattleMech specifications or as an IndustrialMech, although context and it being listed among "commercial-grade" SecurityMechs suggests the latter. Exact stats for the Guard have not been published so far.
The Guard is chiefly used on heavily populated worlds in the Capellan Confederation. In 3028 the design was also found among the Draconis Combine's Civilian Guidance Corps PoliceMech forces on An Ting, suggesting the Confederation had exported the design to the Combine at least.
Described as an "awkward quadruped monstrosity of questionable Capellan workmanship" but also as "fairly nimble" and "surprisingly swift on its four legs", a Guard was shown to be capable of preventing a Griffin from closing with it in the confines of a city using lateral movement.
Weapons and Equipment
An ambiguous scene features a pilot ejecting from a SecurityMech that may or may not have been a Guard from the context; this is noteworthy insofar as ejection seats are automatically included on BattleMechs but are an extra piece of equipment on IndustrialMechs.
- Technical Readout: Vehicle Annex, p. 222, Technical Readout: Vehicle Annex Revised, p. 208
- Deployed on An Ting in 3028, with the impression given that it was not a new design at the time
- Feather versus Mountain, p. 3
- Feather versus Mountain, p. 10
- Rise and Shine, p. 6
- Feather versus Mountain, p. 9