- June News Roundup 2020 - Supplemental
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For June 2020
- Did You Know? Other Games Come And Go, But MechWarrior: Living Legends Is Here To Stay
- Community Outreach - Michael At Metal Core Collectibles Talks About 3D Printing And Making Fan Designs
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For May 2020
- Read more →
|CPK-65 "Copper" SecurityMech|
|Manufacturer||Coventry Metal Works (SecurityMech Division)|
|Mech type||Inner Sphere IndustrialMech|
|Armor||Lexington Limited (80 Heavy Industrial)|
|Engine||Coventry Hybrid 100 Fuel Cell|
|Communications System||Cyclops P7 Dispatcher|
|Targeting Tracking System||Cyclops 8B UrbanTrak (Advanced Fire Control)|
Produced since the Star League Era, the Copper is a series of IndustrialMechs produced by Coventry Metal Works which are designed exclusively for security duty. The CPK-65 is part of CMW's Peacemaker-series of SecurityMechs since 3065, the Copper was designed using many of the components from the Commando BattleMech. By lacking many BattleMech features and sharing parts, the Copper is half the cost of a Commando.
They are primarily used by civilian law enforcement, private security agencies, nobles, and corporations across the Lyran Alliance and other succession States. They can be found more numerously in the Alliance's Coventry Province.
As a SecurityMech, rare by Interstellar Law, the Copper is primarily an anti-riot 'Mech, which can also act in security situations. The 'Mech has no military grade environmental sealing, which limits the pilot to wearing a gas mask or air tank if the area they're operating in has hazards in the air (or a lack thereof).
The 'Mech is limited to 64.8 kph by its Fuel Cell powered engine.
Weapons and Equipment
The Copper is armed with an SRM-2 Launcher in its left arm, which is typically loaded with tear gas ammunition. In its right arm, the 'Mech mounts two Machine Guns with one ton of ammunition. They most often use rubber bullets in riot situations.
- This model is the Star League Era Copper, which was the original design first sold in 2619. It differs from the CPK-65 only slightly with its ICE power plant with no Heat Sinks and two additional machine guns (with ammunition) placed in the left arm instead of the 65's SRM-2. Aside from those differences, the CPK-19 is identical to CPK-65. BV(2.0)=310
- GS-54 Guard - built by Ceres Metals (15 ton, quad chassis, 2 Machine Guns)
- CCU-36 Pacifier - built by Alshain Weapons (30 ton)
- ITW-80 Inquisitor - built by Irian Technologies, Unlimited (35 ton)
The Copper features the following Design Quirks:
As of this writing, MUL Profiles for both versions of the Copper featured in this article are not updated with new information from Record Sheets: Vehicle Annex, IndustrialMechs and Exoskeletons. The CPK-19 profile does not list its battle value.
- Copper CPK-65 SecurityMech - profile, includes battle value 2 and Introduction Date.
- Record Sheets: Vehicle Annex, IndustrialMechs & Exoskeletons, p. 54 Copper CPK-19 SecurityMech - "Stats and Battle Value of the CPK-65 version of the Copper.
- Technical Readout: Vehicle Annex, pp. 222-223, "Copper Profile"
- Technical Readout: Vehicle Annex Revised, p. 198
- Technical Readout: Vehicle Annex Revised, p. 208
- Technical Readout: Vehicle Annex, Revised, p. 228 Armed and Dangerous - "Deployment section described the CPK-19 briefly being the base model for entire Peacekeeper or Copper series of SecurityMechs.
- Record Sheets: Vehicle Annex, IndustrialMechs & Exoskeletons, p. 53 Copper CPK-19 SecurityMech - "Stats and Battle Value of the CPK-19 version of the Copper.
- Technical Readout: Vehicle Annex, Revised, p. 208 Deployment - "Deployment section described the CPK-19 briefly being the base model for entire Peacekeeper or Copper series of SecurityMechs.
- MUL Profile for CPK-19 Copper SecurityMech - Introduction Date only
- Technical readout: Vehicle Annex, Revised., p. 208 Deployment - Section mentions the original model of the Copper, the CPK-19.