- Your BattleTech News Roundup For August 2020
- MechWarrior 5 DLC, Heroes Of The Inner Sphere, Previewed In Podcasts And Streams
- MechCommander Returns As a MechWarrior 5 Mod
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For July, 2020
- The Evolution Of Long-Range Missiles In BattleTech, or Why You Should Shut Up And Love The LRM-5
- Read more →
|Author||Randall N. Bills|
|Interior artwork||Franz Vohwinkel|
|First published||30 July 2004|
|Era||Civil War era|
|Timeline||15 April 3067|
|Followed by||Goliath out of the Box|
Isolation's Weight is a short story published on BattleCorps and written by Randall N. Bills. It was one of the stories that was available when the website went live and was later included in the first BattleCorps print anthology, The Corps, as well as in Catalyst's edition of the Quick Start Rules. It is also included in the free BattleCorps Fiction Sampler.
|“||THE HIGHLANDER CHRONICLES! Northwind has been the home of many Inner Sphere tales and legends involving the storied Highlanders. In this first short tale, Randall Bills takes a look at Highlander devotion and dogged persistence in the face of a Clan enemy.||”|
The short piece follows Lieutenant Cameron Baird as he defends Kiamba from a raid by the 1st Rasalhague Bears, one of the newest units in the Clan Ghost Bear touman. During the fight, Baird recalls lessons in leadership from Geoff McFadden, his fatherly superior who pilots a Hatchetman. At a pivotal point in the battle, McFadden performs a suicidal Death from Above maneuver on an enemy Rifleman, turning the tide of the battle at the cost of his life.
- Summoner (Thor)
- Timber Wolf (Mad Cat)
- WVR-8K Wolverine
- Aside from the art piece depicting one of the pivotal events of the story, the standard PDF of the story also features a plaid bar running down the left side and the Highlander insignia on the second page.
- The cover artwork for The Corps depicts a climactic scene from this story (Geoff McFadden's Hatchetman drawing fire from the Rifleman's twin rotary autocannon)