Mantis (Combat Vehicle)
- Community Outreach - The Cauldron's Bear_cl4w and Krasnopesky Talk MechWarrior Online
- MechWarrior Online's Renaissance Is All Thanks To The Developers Putting Players In Charge
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For May, 2021
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For April 2021
- Why You Should Actually Trust BattleTech’s Mysteriously Short-Ranged Autocannons
- Read more →
|Mantis Light Attack VTOL|
|Manufacturer||Michaelson Heavy Industries|
|Engine||Galas 70 Micro Fusion|
|Communications System||Garret Supremesound|
|Targeting Tracking System||Garret D2j|
|BV (1.0)|| 462|
The Mantis Light Attack VTOL is produced by the most prolific creator of VTOLs, Michaelson Heavy Industries. Still a prototype in 3060, the Mantis is incredibly fast and capable of dealing great damage for its size. It also carries two and a half tons of armor, a significant amount for a fifteen-ton vehicle. It is also an incredibly capable scout as it carries a Beagle Active Probe and Guardian ECM Suite.
Weapons and Equipment
Capable of delivering a hail of lasers that cannot be ignored, the Mantis is armed with five Diverse Optics ER Small Lasers. The Federated Suns company decided to import the lasers after discovering how easy it was to import weapons from the Free Worlds League in the form of the Light Gauss Rifle that Michaelson armed the Hawk Moth with.
- An Advanced Technology variant of the Mantis was introduced during the Jihad. This Mantis was outfitted as an advanced scout and electronic warfare-type aircraft. All the craft's armaments and equipment were removed for a second Guardian ECM Suite, a C3 Slave Computer, and a Mast Mount. The vehicle's armor and speed were increased due to the inclusion of an XL Fusion Engine. BV (2.0) = 304
Original Mantis from TRO:3060
- Technical Readout: 3060, pp. 10-11, "Mantis VTOL Profile"
- MUL online date for the Mantis (Combat Vehicle)
- Combat Operations, p. 120
- Record Sheets: 3060, p. 16
- Record Sheets: 3060 Unabridged, p. 12
- Record Sheets: 3060 Unabridged, p. 14