Order of Five Pillars
- Community Outreach - Michael At Metal Core Collectibles Talks About 3D Printing And Making Fan Designs
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For May 2020
- "Mech Merc Company" - A Love Letter To MechWarrior 2, Now On Steam Early Access
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For April 2020
- What ‘Mech Would You Survive The Coronavirus Outbreak In?
- Read more →
Keeper of the Family Honor Sanyu Kurita grew the Order of Five Pillars or more often O5P in the 2420, forming it from the agents she was using to control the ivory trade in the Draconis Combine. The O5P was acting as regulators of the ivory trade, informing the Keeper about the situations surround it. The ISF found this to be an encroachment into their responsibilities and quickly complained to the Coordinator, who shrugged off the complaints. Unable to quash the development of this rival intelligence agency, the ISF instead infiltrated it.
The Order Underground
During the reign of House Von Rohrs the order had hard times, because the new Keeper saw no purpose for the order. His first act in 2459 as Keeper was to kill Abbess Jamila Benhashemi. Many leaders of the O5P were executed to destroy the organization. The lower ranks maintained the organization by blending into the local populations, hiding their presence. The traditions were maintained, and the order stayed hidden until Martha Kurita took the position of Keeper in 2510. Even so, the O5P remained hidden and avoided revealing their full network until the ascension of Siriwan McAllister to the position of Coordinator. 
Restoration and Revival
During the rule of Siriwan McAllister, the fate of the order improved significantly. By her decree the O5P's income was greatly increased by forcing all Kuritan's to own a certain amount of ivory. Martial arts were also given over to the sole control of the O5P as well. This meant that all officers in the military were forced to train with the O5P Since every officer went through the hands of the O5P, it gained significant influence within the military, every having some officers openly join the order.  The Sanctum Arcanum was built on Luthien during this time.
The ISF has tried many times to infiltrate the Order but met with little success as the Society is extremely skeptical towards strangers. During the era of Omi Kurita, the cooperation was closest, but relations broke down after the new Keeper was accused by the Internal Security Force of being a member of the Black Dragon movement. Since then the Order broke off all contact with the ISF. 
|Commanding Officers of the Order of Five Pillars|
The order developed over the years 4 ranks with different responsibilities.
- That is the lowest ranks of the O5P. The hunters, traders, the security forces, warehouse-men and artisan are the workforce which bring the order the wealth. The order posses also an independent jump-ship fleet with its own space marine for security duties. All naval personal are also Neophyte.
- One level above are the members with more responsibility. That includes the monks which monitoring the locals about their believes and also planetary circuit riders. In the outer reaches they are also teachers.
- The members which receive knowledge through mediation or other religious ways are considered as Illuminate. They are the living example for the strength of the order. The monks guide the subordinates with a wise hand.
- That is the highest rank with in the order beneath the Keeper.
- Keeper of the House Honor: Lady Miyako Kurita
- Abess of the Order: Abess Tomade Yamiro
- Ivory Trade Mistress: Illuminatus Yamara Imishada
- Field Operations: Illuminatus Mara Selencia
- Mistress of Arcana: Inquisitor Esther Lu-Huang
- Thought Control: Inquisitor Lucias Nomotawa
- Guidiance and Training: Illuminatus Kharisma Shimazu
- House Kurita (The Draconis Combine), p. 104, "The Order of the Five Pillars"
- House Kurita (The Draconis Combine), p. 106, "The Underground Decades"
- House Kurita (The Draconis Combine), p. 106, "Restoration Under Siriwan and Martha"
- House Kurita (The Draconis Combine), p. 107, "Restoration Under Siriwan and Martha"
- A Guide to Covert Ops, pp. 53-54
- Jihad Hot Spots: 3076, p. 26, "Timeline of the Jihad"
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 51, "The Jihad In Review"
- Technical Readout: 3145 Draconis Combine, p. 4
- House Kurita (The Draconis Combine), p. 106, "THE UNDERGROUND DECADES"
- House Kurita (The Draconis Combine), pp. 104-109
- A Guide to Covert Ops, p. 54