- Your BattleTech News Roundup For March, 2021
- MechWarrior 5 Is On Steam & Catalyst Is Having A Sourcebook Sale
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For February, 2021
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For January, 2021
- Community Outreach - The Art Of BattleTech, Renegade HPG, And The Remastered BattleTech Cartoon
- Read more →
|Manufacturer||Complex VI (Ironhold)|
|Power Plant||360 XL Engine|
|Communications System||System VII|
|Tracking & Targeting System||TTS Model 3|
|Heat Sinks||20 Double Heat Sinks|
Developed when Clan Jade Falcon warriors demanded their own super-heavy OmniFighter to compete against Clan Ghost Bear's Kirghiz, the Scytha favors speed and pod space over that venerable fighter's preference for armor.
While its fourteen tons of Ironhold Series III Ferro-Aluminum armor is below average for a ninety-ton fighter, even with the use of massive 360 XL Engine, four tons of fuel and twenty Double Heat Sinks, this choice give the Scytha a whopping 42.5 tons of pod space. Fast enough to bring its weapons into optimum range, the design is highly popular among the Falcons, who rarely share the design with others.
Weapons and Equipment
The primary Scytha is a fearsome beast whose nose is packed with a mammoth Ultra AC/20, ER Large and ER Small Laser, supported by twin ER Large Lasers mounted under each wing. Paired aft-mounted ER Medium Lasers discourage pursuit, while six additional double heat sinks fight to keep the lasers firing and the meager two tons of autocannon reloads from cooking off.
- Alt. Config. A
- A missile boat adaptable for short and long ranges, the A Variant is built around its Narc Missile Beacon in its nose, with LRM-20 launcher mounted beside it. Each wing carries a further LRM-20, a SRM-6 and ER Large Laser, with a single Streak SRM-6 launcher mounted aft. Four added double heat sinks fight to prevent the single ton each of Narc, Streak, SRM and three tons of long range reloads from exploding before it must withdraw to rearm. BV (1.0) = 2,892, BV (2.0) = 3,134
- Alt. Config. B
- Mounting five Large Pulse Lasers, two in each wing and one in the nose, the Scytha B is an effective space superiority and ground attack combatant. Defensively the B configuration mounts an Anti-Missile System in its nose with two Medium Pulse Lasers aft. With all lasers slaved to an advanced Targeting Computer, the B variant excels at strafing runs, though the large volume of energy weapons proves an especially concerning danger to the single ton of anti-missile gun reloads. BV (1.0) = 3,113, BV (2.0) = 3.517, BV (2.0) = 3,479
- Alt. Config. C
- A ranged combat variant, the Scytha C mounts a Gauss Rifle and ER PPC underslug on each wing, support by twin nose-mounted Medium Pulse Lasers. A single ER small laser defends the aft of the craft, while two tons of Gauss Rifle reloads allows the C variant to keep its heat in check at least in the early stages of an engagement. BV (1.0) = 3,379, BV (2.0) = 3,498
- Alt. Config. D
- The D variant harks back to the Prime's main autocannon backed by lasers, but Scytha D mounts a low-heat Gauss Rifle and twin ER Medium Lasers in its nose, supported by an advanced Heavy Large Laser and extended range model in each wing, a single ER small guarding the rear. Eight additional double heat sinks help keep the heat mostly in check, at least before the four tons of Gauss reloads are expended. BV (1.0) = 2,883, BV (2.0) = 3,276
- Alt. Config. E
- Introduced during the Jihad, this variant is equipped with an Active Probe and an ECM Suite to disrupt enemy electronic systems. The fighter carries an ER PPC in the nose, backed up by two ER Medium Lasers. Each wing mounts a single HAG/30. To make room for this equipment, the craft only carries twenty double heat sinks. BV (2.0) = 3,553
- Alt. Config. X
- The Scytha-X was also introduced in the Jihad. It's equipped with an experimental Watchdog CEWS, as well as five Improved Heavy Large Lasers: Two in each wing and one in the nose. Though it mounts thirty double heat sinks, it also carries a Coolant Pod for emergency cooldowns. BV (2.0) = 2,926
- This experimental version was created by Clan Snow Raven. Apparently created in a refit facility on Quatre Belle, the Scytha-XR trades its OmniFighter status for a new fixed weapon load. The nose carries a Rotary AC/5 and Large Pulse Laser while each wing carries an Improved Heavy Large Laser. To discourage pursuit, each Scytha-XR carries a pair of ER Medium Lasers firing to the rear. This refit can hang in combat longer since it mounts twenty-six double heat sinks and is protected by more than twenty tons of Ferro-Lamellor armor. BV (2.0) = 3,213
- MUL online date for the Scytha
- Technical Readout: 3055 Upgrade, pp. 192-193, "Scytha OmniFighter Profile and BV listing"
- AeroTech 2 Record Sheets, p. 163
- Master Unit List: Battle Values, p. 185
- Record Sheets: 3055 Upgrades Unabridged, p. 359
- Technical Readout: 3055, pp. 164-165, "Scytha Fighter Profile"
- Technical Readout: 3055 Revised, pp. 144-145, "Scytha OmniFighter Profile"
- AeroTech 2 Record Sheets, p. 164
- Record Sheets: 3055 Upgrades Unabridged, p. 360
- AeroTech 2 Record Sheets, p. 165
- Record Sheets: 3055 Upgrades Unabridged, p. 361
- AeroTech 2 Record Sheets, p. 166
- Record Sheets: 3055 Upgrades Unabridged, p. 362
- Record Sheets: 3055 Upgrades Unabridged, p. 363
- Record Sheets: 3055 Upgrades Unabridged, p. 364
- Record Sheets: 3145 New Tech, New Upgrades, p. 214
- Record Sheets: 3055 Upgrades Unabridged, p. 365
- Experimental Technical Readout: Clans, p. 12