- This article is about the aerospace fighter design. For the individual Union-C-class DropShip, see Slayer (Individual Union-C-class DropShip).
|Class||Heavy aerospace fighter|
|Tech Base||Inner Sphere|
|Power Plant||Shinobi 320|
|Armor||Naketsu AeroWeave Standard|
|Fuel||10 tons (800 points)|
|Communications System||Sony MSF-21|
|Tracking & Targeting System||Radcom T11|
|Heat Sinks||20 single heat sinks|
The Slayer is a Draconis Combine heavy aerospace fighter designed before the fall of the Star League, and is noted for its endurance and armor. A multirole fighter, the Slayer has the firepower to take on both other fighters and 'Mechs, with many pilots mistaking the compact design for a lighter craft, a mistake they rarely live to repeat. The Slayer also boasts a double capacity fuel tank, allowing it to loiter over the battlefield for extended periods of time.
Weapons and Equipment
While not the heaviest of armament, Slayers tend to carry enough weaponry to give any other fighter or 'Mech a bad day. With a Zeus 56 Mark IV AC/10 and a Diverse Optics Type 20 medium laser in the nose, backed up by four more medium lasers in the wings, the Slayer can lay down enough fire in one pass to destroy smaller craft. A single medium laser faces to the rear to discourage pursuit.
- Unwilling to mess with the popular design after the A/B/C variant debacle, this variant, introduced in 3044, simply replaces the older AC/10 for a more advanced Imperator Code Red LB 10-X AC and an extra ton of ammunition, a minor change that allowed it to be quickly applied to the production line and as a simple field refit for existing fighters. BV (1.0) = 1,353; BV (2.0) = 1,384
- A minor modern updating of the 15R developed in 3066, the 15K merely switches the standard single heat sinks for double strength models and upgrades the lasers to ER medium lasers. The DCMS' plans to upgrade all existing SL-15 and SL-15Rs to this standard was disrupted by the Jihad. BV (1.0) = 1,497; BV (2.0) = 1,516
Custom / Experimental Variants
- SL-CX-1 Slayer
- In 3075, a Slayer was the subject of an experimental aircraft program conducted jointly by United Outworlders Corporation and Clan Snow Raven. This variant of the Slayer has a mix of Clan and Inner Sphere technology, and has been equipped with a 400-rated XL engine to increase its speed, has eight tons of fuel to keep the engine operational, and mounts 16 double heat sinks. Its hull is protected by 19 tons of ferro-lamellor armor and an experimental Laser Anti-Missile System covers the aft firing arc. The fighter's Clan built weapons include a Clan-made RAC/5 with two tons of ammunition, and four experimental improved heavy medium lasers mounted in pairs in each wing. Only five prototypes were produced. BV (2.0) = 2,287
- In German products, the unit's proper name was altered to Killer. The model code was accordingly changed to KL-15.
- MUL online date for the Slayer
- Record Sheets: 3039, p. 282
- Record Sheets: 3039, p. 282
- AeroTech 2 Record Sheets, p. 146
- Technical Readout: 3039, p. 214
- Record Sheets: 3039, p. 283
- AeroTech 2 Record Sheets, p. 147
- Record Sheets: 3039, p. 284
- AeroTech 2 Record Sheets, p. 148
- Record Sheets: 3039, p. 285
- AeroTech 2 Record Sheets, p. 149
- Objective Raids, p. 106
- Record Sheets: 3039, p. 287
- AeroTech 2 Record Sheets, p. 150
- Record Sheets: 3039, p. 286
- Experimental Technical Readout: Mercs, p. 14: "SL-CX Slayer"
- Record Sheets: Unique Fighters, p. 2