Feel free to add any pages you want proofread or cleaned up to the bottom of this list and I will go through and clean them up.
Welcome, BobTheZombie, to BattleTechWiki!
We look forward to your contributions and want to help you get off to a good strong start. Hopefully you will soon join the army of BattleTech Editors! If you need help formatting the pages, visit the manual of style. For general questions go to the Help section or the FAQ. If you can't find your answer there, please ask an Admin.
Here's some extra tips to help you get around in the wiki:
- For policies and guidelines, see The Five Core Policies of BattleTechWiki and the BTW Policies. Another good place to check out is our
market of Projects, to see how the smaller communities within BTW do things in their particular niche areas.
- Each and every page (articles, policies, projects, images, etc.) has its very own discussion/talk page, found on the tab line at the top of the page. This is a great place to find out what the community is discussing along that subject and what previous issues have already been solved.
- If you want to play around with your new wiki skills, the Sandbox is for you. Don't worry: you won't break anything. A great resource for printing out is the Wiki Cheat Sheet.
- If you're not registered, then please consider doing so. At the very least, you'll have a UserPage that you own, rather than sharing one with the community.
- Also consider writing something about yourself on your UserPage (marked as "BobTheZombie" at the top of the page, though only do this if you're registered). You'll go from being a 'redshirt' to a 'blueshirt,' with the respect of a more permanent member.
- This is really helpful for the admins, as it gives your account that touch of "humanity" that assists us in our never-ending battle with spambots.
- For your first few edits on the wiki, please do not add any URLs (which can be an indicator of SPAM).
- Consider introducing yourself on our Discord server.
- In your Preferences, under the edit tab, consider checking Add pages I create to my watchlist and Add pages I edit to my watchlist, so that you can see how your efforts have affected the community. Check back on following visits by clicking on watchlist.
- If you're bored and want to find something to do, try the Random button in the sidebar, or check out the List of Wanted Pages. Or even go to Special Pages to see what weird stuff is actually tracked by this wiki.
- Please sign your name on Talk pages using four tildes (~~~~) or by clicking on the circled button in this image; this will automatically produce your name (or IP address, if you are editing anonymously) and the date.
Again, welcome to Sarna's BattleTechWiki!
Do you know how the system maps are generated? All those images don't have a category and this makes the Uncategorized files not very useful as from the first 1000 thousand maybe 95% images as these ones. And I do not want to put them in a category as this might affect the "program" that generates them. Do you know who can help? Maybe when the image is generated it can be put in a category like "System Images". I'm asking more people, but do you have any idea?--Pserratv (talk) 10:40, 10 March 2021 (EST)
Dates in title articles
I saw you adding wikilinks into the dates in title articles.
the way the wikilinks have been done has actually been done on purpose. It just appears a little messed up in articles where we do not have full lines of succession.
Ideally a chart would look like this, with no date being "double-linked".
Hope this makes sense.--Dmon (talk) 16:02, 21 February 2022 (EST)
- Ah, that does, I was sprinting through, so thanks for catching me. I thought it was a more kosher to have redundant links in lists than in the article, but I'll watch a little closer when I'm messing with that -BobTheZombie (talk) 16:25, 21 February 2022 (EST)