|Manufacturer||Complex 9 (Ironhold)|
|Power Plant||300 XL engine|
|Communications System||System 10|
|Tracking & Targeting System||Hawk's Eyes Mk VI|
|Heat Sinks||16 double heat sinks|
Originally developed by Clan Jade Falcon in the mid-thirtieth century, the 60-ton Visigoth was the most popular OmniFighter among the Clan Toumans until the arrival of newer designs such as the Jagatai in the decades immediately prior to Operation Revival. The relatively old design made up as much as 25% of each invading Clan's front line aerospace forces, rarely less than 10%, a testament to the abilities of the aging fighter that continues to see heavy use during the Jihad and beyond.
The Visigoth has 26 tons of pod space available thanks to its use of an XL engine and 10.5 tons of Ironhold B-class ferro-aluminum armor. Carrying 16 double heat sinks and five tons of fuel give the fighter good endurance in combat operations.
Weapons and Equipment
The primary configuration features a mixture of ballistic and energy weaponry, offering solid all-around performance. An LB 10-X AC and a trio of ER medium lasers are mounted in the nose, supported by a Streak SRM-4 and small pulse laser in each wing. To discourage pursuit, twin ER medium lasers are mounted aft, while three tons of ammunition for the autocannon and one ton of reloads for each Streak launcher give this variant good linger time.
- Alternate Configuration A
- Designed towards projecting damage at range, the A configuration is usually deployed to ensure air-space superiority. It mounts an ER PPC and twin ER medium lasers in the nose, an Artemis IV FCS-enhanced LRM-20 supplied with two tons of reloads fitted in each wing, and is supported by twin aft-mounted ER medium lasers. BV (1.0) = 2,660, BV (2.0)= 2,987
- Alternate Configuration B
- A lethal ground-attack and air-space superiority loadout, the B configuration features two nose-mounted large pulse lasers supported by a further one in each wing, and a medium pulse laser fitted aft. While ideal for long range patrols, the all energy weapon configuration forces pilots to manage their heat carefully. BV (1.0) = 2,317, BV (2.0)= 2,534
- Alternate Configuration C
- Another almost entirely pulse laser equipped configuration, the C features an identical pairing of a single large pulse lasers and medium pulse lasers mounted in the nose and each wing. Strangely mounting an ammo dependent SRM-4 aft to fend off attacks from the rear, fed by a single ton of reloads, the risk of an ammunition explosion forces pilots to be highly mindful of this variant's high waste heat generation. BV (1.0) = 2,284, BV (2.0) = 2,533
- Alternate Configuration D
- Reflecting the highly aggressive focus of the Jade Falcons under Khan Marthe Pryde, configuration D features a nose heavy armament of two UAC/10's and twin heavy medium lasers, completely eschewing any rear facing weaponry common to other Visigoth configurations. BV (1.0) = 1,754, BV (2.0)= 1,810
- MUL online date for the Visigoth
- Combat Operations, p. 109
- Technical Readout: 3055 Upgrade, pp. 188-189, "Visigoth OmniFighter Profile and BV listing"
- AeroTech 2 Record Sheets, p. 105
- Master Unit List: Battle Values, p. 190
- Record Sheets: 3055 Upgrades Unabridged, p. 332
- Technical Readout: 3055, pp. 156-157, "Visigoth Fighter Profile"
- Technical Readout: 3055, pp. 140-141, "Visigoth OmniFighter Profile"
- AeroTech 2 Record Sheets, p. 106
- Record Sheets: 3055 Upgrades Unabridged, p. 333
- AeroTech 2 Record Sheets, p. 107
- Record Sheets: 3055 Upgrades Unabridged, p. 334
- AeroTech 2 Record Sheets, p. 108
- Record Sheets: 3055 Upgrades Unabridged, p. 335
- Record Sheets: 3055 Upgrades Unabridged, p. 336
- Record Sheets: 3055 Upgrades Unabridged, p. 337