5th Donegal Guards
|Fifth Donegal Guards RCT|
|Unit Profile (as of 3067)|
|Parent Formation||Donegal Guards|
After the unit was reduced in the Third Succession War, the Fifth Donegal Guards was treated as a third-rate unit. The units fortunes changed in 3060 when Katherine Steiner-Davion used the sorry state of the unit as a propaganda tool. As a result the unit got much needed new equipment and personnel. 
FedCom Civil War
During the War, a combat command from the Fifth occupied Kentares IV under the command of Lord Marcus Roland. The unit's actions on Kentares were called 'brutal', as they assisted Roland in savagely oppressing the citizens of Kentares. The Fifth was stopped by Ian Dresari and his army of irregulars, who defeated Roland and his men in less than three months.
The Fifth also fought ComStar troops on Benet III, credited with ravaging the 41st Avalon Hussars, and for fighting a guerilla campaign. Later in the War, the unit was transferred to New Avalon, where it was smashed during the Brunswick landings. 
What was left of the unit after the FedCom Civil War was still being investigated for war crimes when the Word of Blake's 31st Division landed on New Avalon. Not able to function as independent unit the Fifth accompanied the Second NAIS Cadet Cadre until both units merged with the First Davion Guards in January 3068.
- 3062 - 3067, the Commanding Officer is Hauptmann-General Ursa Potroy, who was installed in 3060 by Archon Katherine Steiner-Davion.
Like a pitbull they bite and do not let go until the enemy lay in the dust before them.
Fifth Donegal Guards' (Green/Reliable)
Fifth Donegal Guards RCT (Green/Reliable)
- CO: Hauptmann-General Walter Teudesco
- CO: Hauptmann-General Ursa Potroy
- Aide: Leftenant General Jackson Pory
- CO: Leftenant General Manfred Deneuvre
- 7th Benet Wing
- 447th Independent Wing
Fifth Donegal Guards Armor Brigade (2 Regiments/Regular/Reliable)
- CO: Leftenant General Susan Thwaites
- Aide: Kommandant Khatoun Rashti
- 422nd Donegal Light Tank: Leftenant General Eward Potter
- 23rd Benet Artillery Group: Leftenant General Lewis Gunnel
Fifth Donegal Guards Infantry Brigade (4 Regiments/Green/Reliable)
- CO: Leftenant General Palmer Hornby
- Aide: Kommandant Joseph Paltineri
- 133rd Donegal Infantry Regiment: Leftenant General Saddler Bex
- 134th Donegal Infantry Regiment: Leftenant General Scott Hunter
- 29th Benet Light Infantry Regiment: Leftenant General Gabe Pentel
- 199th Lyran Jump Regiment: Leftenant General Ivan Hartman
- Field Manual: Lyran Alliance, p. 66, "5th Donegal Guards Unit Profile"
- FedCom Civil War, p. 26, 82
- Field Manual: Updates, p. 169, "Donegal Guards bio"
- Field Manual: Updates, p. 179, "Deployment Table"
- Jihad Turning Points: New Avalon, p. 6
- 20 Year Update, p. 19, "Federated Commonwealth Deployment Table"
- House Steinerp (The Lyran Commonealth), p. 119
- Historical: War of 3039 , p. 137
- 20 Year Update p.19