7th Bear Regulars (Clan Ghost Bear)
- Community Outreach - Interview With Brent Evans, Lead BattleTech Developer At Catalyst Games
- The Challenge With Balance in MechWarrior Online
- First BattleTech of 2018: Republic vs Free Worlds League
- MWO Benefit Tournament For MechWarrior Family That Lost Home Due To Fire
- Community Outreach - TwinkyOverlord of EmpyreaL, Current MWO Champs!
- Read more →
|Seventh Bear Regulars Cluster|
|Unit Profile (as of 3075)|
|Parent Formation||Omicron Galaxy|
In 3061 the Seventh Bear Regulars were stationed on Krenice with the Tenth Phalanx as a part of Sigma Galaxy, the Seventh the sole BattleMech Cluster in the Bear's so-called Vehicle Galaxy. With Krenice located along the Ghost Bear Dominion-Draconis Combine border as well as being one of the Ghost Bear worlds closest to Terra, the Seventh took their defense of the planet seriously, despite their indifference to the Tenth Phalanx's aid in this. 
During this period the Seventh received permission to raid across the Combine border to test the resolve of Clan Nova Cat in the wake of Operation Bulldog and the Great Refusal, encountering the Nova Cat's Tenth Garrison Cluster of the Chi Provisional Galaxy and staging a Trial of Possession for one of the Tenth's brand new Nova Cat OmniMechs. Though the Nova Cats were more highly skilled than the Ghost Bears, the Seventh's superior numbers turned the tide of battle in their favor. 
First Draconis Combine/Ghost Bear War
Despite being a second-line Galaxy, elements of Sigma Galaxy including the Seventh Bear Regulars took an active part in the First Draconis Combine / Ghost Bear War, which began in 3062 with a suicidal attack by three regiments of the Alshain Avengers against Alshain. The Seventh Bear Regulars joined with Omega Galaxy's Tenth Bear Cuirassiers in an assault on Yamarovka in the face of determined resistance from the defending Nova Cat forces. The Seventh and Tenth were utlimately victorious, although the agreement ending the War saw the borders between the Ghost Bears and the Draconis Combine largely returned to their pre-War positions.
Having deployed to the Inner Sphere as a part of Sigma Galaxy, at some point prior to 3075 the Seventh Bear Regulars had been reassigned to Omicron Galaxy to give the predominantly aerospace-orientated Omicron with some offensive punch, serving alongside such units as the First Bear Regulars and the Sixty-ninth Provisional Garrison Cluster. It was as a part of Omicron Galaxy that the Seventh attacked the world of Cebalrai in the Word of Blake Protectorate, deploying in mid-August 3075.
Having established landing zones, the Seventh Bear Regulars - along with the First Bear Regulars and Sixty-ninth PGC - swiftly pushed the defending forces from the Cebalrai Protectorate Militia and their supporting mercenaries off the continent of Lennori and continued to pursue them across Sarrina, a pursuit that culminated in a bloody three-day campaign to seize control of New Wade, the capital city of Cebalrai. New Wade was secured by the Ghost Bears on the 18th of August and the government re-established; concerns about rogue Blakist units and supporters led to the First remaining in place to both act as guards and recuperate from their losses.
The Seventh Bear Regulars and the Sixty-ninth PGC continued to harry the retreating Cebalrai Protectorate Militia and their supporting mercenary forces, pursuing them back to Dragga, where the Blakists still controled the three main cities. The main Blakist strength was at Kamrin, a heavily industrial city, and the Ghost Bear forces were driving deep into the city when the Blakists acted out of desperation and detonated a chain of five neutron bombs that had been concealed under the city. The results were devastating for the Seventh Regulars and the Sixty-ninth PGC, who were collectively reduced to just a handful of survivors.
With the Ghost Bears still in control of the bulk of Cebalrai the Tenth Provisional Garrison Cluster was deployed to the planet to secure Dragga, a campaign that took until at least the 23rd of August; even with the Blakists annihilated, the casualties inflicted on the Seventh Regulars and the Sixty-ninth PGC were such that Omicron Galaxy halted offensive operations temporarily to reassess the campaign and attempt to recover its strength; The Ghost Bears considered both the Seventh Bear Regulars and the Sixty-ninth PGC to have been destroyed as combat formations on Cebalrai.
The Republic of the Sphere established a memorial to the Ghost Bears who died liberating Cebalrai; a huge sculpture of a Ghost Bear, carved from obsidian, was placed in the center of Kamrin, the location of the final conflict between the Ghost Bears and the Blakists.
Seventh Bear Regulars
Seventh Bear Regulars (Regular/Reliable)
- - Stationed on Krenice at this point in time and were at three-fifths of full strength. Just over three-quarters of the Cluster were equipped with Clan technology, with the remainder using Star League-era equipment, although forty percent of the Cluster were equipped with OmniMechs or equivalent technology.
- In common with every other unit in the Clan Ghost Bear touman at this point in time, units from the Seventh receive a +1 modifier to any dice roll on Random Weight-Class tables to determine Star or Binary/Trinary type.
- If a force from the Seventh includes both conventional vehicles and 'Mechs that force receives a +1 Bonus to Initiative rolls.
- Field Manual: Warden Clans, p. 99 "Clan Ghost Bear - Sigma Galaxy"
- Field Manual: ComStar, p. 122 "Clan Nova Cat - Chi Provisional Galaxy"
- Field Manual: Updates, p. 61, "Sigma Galaxy"
- Field Manual: Updates, p. 60, "Overview"
- Field Report: Clans, p. 11, "Omicron Galaxy"
- Jihad Hot Spots: 3076, p. 47, "Cebalrai Free, But At What Cost?"
- Jihad Hot Spots: Terra, p. 18, "Timeline of the Jihad"
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 54, "The Jihad In Review"
- Dark Age: Republic Worlds (3130), p. 6, "Cebalrai World Profile"
- Field Manual: Updates, p. 78, "Sigma Galaxy"
- Field Manual: Warden Clans, p. 180, "Clan Ghost Bear"
- Field Manual: Warden Clans, p. 182, "Tai Galaxy"