|Manufacturer||Sheridan LM-TA 8-10, W-7 Facilities, WC Site 3|
|Chassis||Hooded Endo-Lite Endo Steel|
|Armor||Star Lite Ferro-Fibrous|
|Engine||Great Father 210 XL|
|Communications System||Trueborn Ultra 945B|
|Targeting Tracking System||Adder Special V8.6|
|Heat Sinks||10 Double Heat Sinks|
Codenamed Puma by Inner Sphere forces who first engaged it, the Adder is a light Clan OmniMech that serves as a direct or an indirect fire-support unit in most of its configurations. The Adder is capable of carrying a relatively heavy weapons payload that can surprise an unsuspecting enemy, even at extreme ranges.
The Adder was designed by Clan Star Adder in preparation for the invasion of the Inner Sphere. First produced in 3010, the formidable Adder was actually designed as an OmniMech capable of emulating the weapons configurations the Wolf's Dragoons reported as most common for medium Inner Sphere BattleMechs, the 'Mechs most frequently fielded by Successor State armies. Some of these configurations, including B, C, and D, are still used as of 3050. Despite producing such a formidable design, the Star Adders failed to maintain exclusive possession of the Adder; by 3045, the Adder had become common throughout the Clans.
The Adder frees up as much weight as possible by using a weight-saving Endo Steel chassis and carrying a lightweight 210 XL Engine, which gives the 'Mech a top speed of 97.2 km/h. The Adder carries six tons of Ferro-Fibrous armor for protection from enemy fire. The effort to save weight has resulted in a 'Mech that dedicates almost half of its weight (some sixteen tons) to pod space.
 Weapons and Equipment
The Adder has a Flamer in a fixed mount which cannot be removed from the 'Mech. The Primary configuration adds a basic but powerful arsenal of two ER PPCs which are linked to an advanced Targeting Computer, allowing the Primary configuration of the Adder to strike at long range with deadly accuracy. To help handle the massive heat from the twin ER PPCs, the Adder has an additional double heat sink. Even with the additional double heat sink, the 'Mech must use a volley fire strategy to prevent it from overheating.
 Alternate Configurations
- Alt. Config. C
- Another long range bombardment configuration, the Adder C has two LRM-15 launchers and takes advantage of their lack of a minimum range by carrying a Narc Missile Beacon that can attach homing pods to enemy 'Mechs for increased missile accuracy. For close range defense, the 'Mech has a single Medium Pulse Laser. BV (1.0) = 1,268, BV (2.0) = 1,372
- Alt. Config. H
- The only true brawling configuration of the Adder, the Adder H has two highly destructive Heavy Large Lasers as its primary weapons backed up only by the fixed Flamer. To help dissipate the 'Mech's heat, it has six additional double heat sinks. BV (1.0) = 1,158, BV (2.0) = 1,453
 Related 'Mechs
Pouncer, based off of the Adder, but five tons heavier and adds fixed jump jets.
- ↑ 1.00 1.01 1.02 1.03 1.04 1.05 1.06 1.07 1.08 1.09 1.10 1.11 1.12 Technical Readout 3050 Upgrade, pp. 120-121, "Adder OmniMech Profile"
- ↑ MUL online date for Adder (Puma)
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 3.4 3.5 3.6 3.7 Combat Operations, p. 109
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3050 Upgrades Unabridged (Clan & Star League), p. 36
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 5.3 Technical Readout: 3050, pp. 18-19, "Adder OmniMech Profile"
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 6.2 6.3 Technical Readout: 3050 Revised, pp. 16-17, "Adder OmniMech Profile"
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3050 Upgrades Unabridged (Clan & Star League), p. 37
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3050 Upgrades Unabridged (Clan & Star League), p. 38
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3050 Upgrades Unabridged (Clan & Star League), p. 39
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3050 Upgrades Unabridged (Clan & Star League), p. 40
- ↑ Record Sheets: Upgrades, p. 56
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3050 Upgrades Unabridged (Clan & Star League), p. 41
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3050 Upgrades Unabridged (Clan & Star League), p. 42
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3050 Upgrades Unabridged (Clan & Star League), p. 43