|Manufacturer||Sheridan LM-TA 8-10, W-7 Facilities, WC Site 3|
|Chassis||Hooded Endo-Lite Endo Steel|
|Armor||Star Lite Ferro-Fibrous|
|Engine||Great Father 210 XL|
|Communications System||Trueborn Ultra 945B|
|Targeting Tracking System||Adder Special V8.6|
|Heat Sinks||10 Double Heat Sinks|
Codenamed Puma by Inner Sphere forces that first engaged it, the Adder is a light Clan OmniMech that serves in a direct or an indirect fire-support role in most of its configurations. The Adder is capable of carrying a relatively heavy weapons payload that can surprise an unsuspecting enemy, even at extreme ranges.
The Adder was designed by Clan Star Adder in preparation for the invasion of the Inner Sphere. First produced in 3010, the formidable Adder was actually designed as an OmniMech capable of emulating the weapons configurations the Wolf's Dragoons reported as most common for medium Inner Sphere BattleMechs, the 'Mechs most frequently fielded by Successor State armies. Some of these configurations, including B, C, and D, are still used as of 3050. Despite producing such a formidable design, the Star Adders failed to maintain exclusive possession of the Adder; by 3045, the Adder had become common throughout the Clans.
The Adder frees up as much weight as possible by using a weight-saving Endo Steel chassis and carrying a lightweight 210 XL Engine, which gives the 'Mech a top speed of 97.2 km/h. The Adder carries six tons of Ferro-Fibrous armor for protection from enemy fire. The effort to save weight has resulted in a 'Mech that dedicates almost half of its weight (some sixteen tons) to pod space.
The Adder has a Flamer in a fixed mount which cannot be removed from the 'Mech. The Primary configuration adds a basic but powerful arsenal of two ER PPCs which are linked to an advanced Targeting Computer, allowing the Primary configuration of the Adder to strike at long range with deadly accuracy. To help handle the massive heat from the twin ER PPCs, the Adder has an additional double heat sink. Even with the additional double heat sink, the 'Mech must use a volley fire strategy to prevent it from overheating.
 Alternate Configurations
- Alt. Config. A - A long range missile support configuration, the Adder A has a pair of LRM-20 launchers, allowing it to bombard an enemy from long range. For close combat, the 'Mech has two Small Pulse Lasers. BV (1.0) = 1,304, BV (2.0) = 1,437
- Alt. Config. B - A long range sniping configuration, the B configuration carries an LB-X Autocannon/5 backed up by a highly accurate Large Pulse Laser for long range engagements. To protect itself at close ranges, the Adder B has a pair of ER Medium Lasers. BV (1.0) = 1,176, BV (2.0) = 1,422
- Alt. Config. C - Another long range bombardment configuration, the Adder C has two LRM-15 launchers and takes advantage of their lack of a minimum range by carrying a Narc Missile Beacon that can attach homing pods to enemy 'Mechs for increased missile accuracy. For close range defense, the 'Mech has a single Medium Pulse Laser. BV (1.0) = 1,268, BV (2.0) = 1,372
- Alt. Config. D - Another long range sniper configuration, the Adder D has an ER Large Laser and an Ultra Autocannon/5 for long range engagements, with a pair of Streak SRM-2 launchers to finish off any enemies who close with the 'Mech. BV (1.0) = 1,130, BV (2.0) = 1,255
- Alt. Config. E - The E configuration has two ATM-9 launchers which can fire ammunition specialized for long, medium, and short ranges. For close combat, the 'Mech has an additional four Micro Pulse Lasers. BV (1.0) = 1,143, BV (2.0) = 1,272
- Alt. Config. H - The only true brawling configuration of the Adder, the Adder H has two highly destructive Heavy Large Lasers as its primary weapons backed up only by the fixed Flamer. To help dissipate the 'Mech's heat, it has six additional double heat sinks. BV (1.0) = 1,158, BV (2.0) = 1,453
- Alt. Config. J - The Adder J carries the new Hyper Assault Gauss 20 as its primary weapon, giving it a powerful punch. This is backed up by four Anti-Personnel Gauss Rifles, which are capable of decimating infantry. BV (2.0) = 1,222
- ↑ 1.00 1.01 1.02 1.03 1.04 1.05 1.06 1.07 1.08 1.09 1.10 1.11 1.12 Technical Readout 3050 Upgrade, pp. 120-121, "Adder OmniMech Profile"
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 2.5 2.6 2.7 Combat Operations, p. 109
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3050 Upgrades Unabridged (Clan & Star League), p. 36
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 4.3 Technical Readout: 3050, pp. 18-19, "Adder OmniMech Profile"
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 5.3 Technical Readout: 3050 Revised, pp. 16-17, "Adder OmniMech Profile"
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3050 Upgrades Unabridged (Clan & Star League), p. 37
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3050 Upgrades Unabridged (Clan & Star League), p. 38
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3050 Upgrades Unabridged (Clan & Star League), p. 39
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3050 Upgrades Unabridged (Clan & Star League), p. 40
- ↑ Record Sheets: Upgrades, p. 56
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3050 Upgrades Unabridged (Clan & Star League), p. 41
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3050 Upgrades Unabridged (Clan & Star League), p. 42
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3050 Upgrades Unabridged (Clan & Star League), p. 43