BattleTechWiki:2016 Founder's Awards
2016 Founder's Awards Nominations
Please post your nominations for the various Founder's awards here for discussion. Post not only the Editor's or Admin's name, but also why you feel that person should be the awardee. Nominations will close on the 31st of March, with Nicjansma announcing after he has made his decisions. Negative responses are not solicited, as these are only for nominations.
Five out of the six Founder's Awards are up for nomination; the Founder's Consistent Service Award is completely left up to Nic. The criteria/descriptions of the awards can be found here.
Please post your nominations under the appropriate sub-heading.
Founder's Outstanding Member of the Year Award
- from the citation: "awarded...for the previous year's efforts" (overall)
- BrokenMnemonic has not only taken on a leadership role here at Sarna, but his ability and dedication to enhancing the articles creatively and constructively does him great credit. 16:37, 12 February 2017 (EST)
Founder's Superior Editor of the Year Award
- from the citation: "awarded...for the previous year's efforts" (in editing)
- Doneve - soon to be an order of magnitude ahead of everyone else when it comes to sheer editing output, Doneve is a bedrock of the Sarna editing community. He's also received the Superior Editor of the Year Award four times in six years, a reflection of just how much work he's done here over the years. Another SEOTY award might almost be redundant - if there was ever a candidate for receiving a lifetime award for editing, it's Doneve. BrokenMnemonic (talk) 10:03, 13 February 2017 (EST)
- Nuclear-Fridge - I have the feeling Nuclear-Fridge flies somewhat under the radar here; a constant, low-key presence, he works continually and diligently to improve Sarna by fixing a range of grammatical errors, typos and mistakes. Nuclear-Fridge is very much the editors' editor. BrokenMnemonic (talk) 10:03, 13 February 2017 (EST)
Founder's Superior Writer of the Year Award
- from the citation: "awarded...for the previous year's efforts" (in writing)
- Clanwolverine101 - I always enjoy reading the articles this editor produces. Dark Jaguar (talk) 11:22, 11 February 2017 (EST)
- Dark Jaguar deserves much consideration for many projects, most notably his Clan Widowmaker articles. ClanWolverine101 (talk) 22:20, 13 February 2017 (EST)
Founder's Exceptional Ambassador of the Year Award
- from the citation: "awarded...to the member who worked the hardest to promote Sarna's existence, strengths and capabilities to other BattleTech communities"
- Cyc - Cyc has done more this year than anyone to keep Sarna current with events and changes on Mechwarrior Online, the largest new pool of BattleTech fans in recent years, improving our standing with that user community. BrokenMnemonic (talk) 10:03, 13 February 2017 (EST)
Founder's Honorable Mention Award
- from the citation: "awarded...to candidates warranting special recognition for the previous year's efforts; awarded to selected nominees of the Outstanding, Superior & Exceptional awards"
- Cache - Cache has done a fair amount of work on correcting categories, updating picture information and other generally useful edits that have helped Sarna look more professional and polished, without necessarily doing something flashy enough to attract greater attention. Like the other Honorable Mentions, Cache is a good and reliable editor who works to improve Sarna. BrokenMnemonic (talk) 10:03, 13 February 2017 (EST)
- CungrVanck - a consistent editor for a number of years, CungrVanck really caught my eye with his work to integrate into planet articles data mined from the Star League era sourcebooks. Several times over the last six or so months I've spotted good edits in the log, thought that I should go and give the editor an award for their diligent work... and discovered that it's CungrVanck, and I'd already given an award for it. It's definitely time CungrVanck received some higher-level recognition for his efforts. BrokenMnemonic (talk) 10:03, 13 February 2017 (EST)
- Deadfire - Deadfire wasn't around much in the second half of 2016, but did a lot of work in the first part of the year to update unit articles and correct errors within those articles. BrokenMnemonic (talk) 10:03, 13 February 2017 (EST)
- LittleWolf - another low-key but prolific editor, LittleWolf has tidied up, updated and created a wealth of articles on aspects of the game that don't tend to get a lot of attention - like personal weapons. BrokenMnemonic (talk) 10:03, 13 February 2017 (EST)
- Mendrugo - in addition to a number of edits here in support of integrating the computer game details into Sarna, Mendrugo's tireless work on finding, chronicling, reviewing and correcting the vast wealth of BattleTech fiction, particularly the hundreds of short stories, has been an invaluable resource. I've lost track of how many times I've seen Frabby and Mendrugo talking through discrepancies between canon sources that Mendrugo's fiction reviewing has turned up, and his review thread on the official forums is such a useful resource I've had it bookmarked for reference for a couple of years now. BrokenMnemonic (talk) 10:03, 13 February 2017 (EST)