(References to Beten Kaitos)
Note: X and Y are coordinates (light years on XY plane) relative to Terra at (0, 0)
X: 167.04 Y: -113.71[e]
 Planetary History
 Early History
Beten Kaitos is a harsh and marginably habitable world but rich in resources, first discovered by explorers from Muskegon in 2177. Despite how unwelcoming Beten Kaitos was, it was still marginally more habitable than Muskegon, and became the site of a colony founded by volunteers from Muskegon and ruled with an iron fist by the Commander of Muskegon via his appointed governor.
The colony on Beten Kaitos managed to survive and grow, with the raw materials from Beten Kaitos and the nearby Muskegon colony of Emerson fuelling the founding of colonies on other worlds. Beten Kaitos would continue to be ruled by the Commander and his descendents, although discontent at the harsh governance of the world continued to grow and finally reached a breaking point in 2318. That year, Commander Jehan Achmeed decided to merge the seven-world Muskegon Empire into the newly-formed Federated Suns; this was the catalyst that saw Emerson rise up in revolt, declaring their independence and petitioning to join the nearby Chesterton Trade Federation. The population of Beten Kaitos elected to declare their independence as well, joining Emerson's petition for membership of the Federation.
The Federated Suns moved to occupy both worlds, only to find that they couldn't hold either world when troops from the Chesterton Trade Federation landed. Three years of warfare followed, with both Beten Kaitos and Emerson changing hands several times, before the worlds were finally and firmly in the hands of the Trade Federation. This military defeat at the hands of a smaller nation - although the Chesterton forces were assisted by Tikonov troops under the auspices of the Tikonov Grand Union - earned a reputation for weakness which marked the Federated Suns for decades.
 Garrisoning Military Force
 3025 to 3050
 Owner History
- 2177 - Muskegon Empire 
- 2317 - Muskegon Empire 
- 2318-2321 Disputed world (Chesterton Trade Federation/Federated Suns) 
- 2322 - Chesterton Trade Federation 
- 2596 - Federated Suns 
- 2750 - Federated Suns 
- 2765 - Federated Suns 
- 3025 - Federated Suns
- 3030 - Federated Suns
- 3040 - Federated Commonwealth
- 3052 - Federated Commonwealth
- 3057 - Federated Commonwealth
- 3062 - Federated Commonwealth
- 3130 - Federated Suns 
 Nearby Planets
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 House Davion (The Federated Suns), p. 23, "Muskegon"
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 House Davion (The Federated Suns), p. 24, "Muskegon"
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 Handbook: House Davion, p. 19, "Muskegon and Chesterton"
- ↑ House Davion (The Federated Suns), p. 134, "Unit Deployment Table"
- ↑ 20 Year Update, p. 21, "Federated Commonwealth Deployment Table"
- ↑ Historical: Reunification War, p. 159, "Inner Sphere - 2596"
- ↑ Era Report: 2750, p. 37, "Inner Sphere - 2750"
- ↑ Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1, p. 11, "Inner Sphere - 2765"
- ↑ Map of the Inner Sphere 3130