2nd NAIS Cadet Cadre
|2nd NAIS Cadet Cadre|
|Unit Profile (as of 3062)|
|Nickname||Warriors of Skill|
|Parent Formation||College of Martial Sciences Cadet Cadre|
The Second NAIS Cadet Cadre for many years focused on taking new graduates and providing them with the skills they needed to survive on the battlefield.
In 3062 the Second NAIS Training Cadre was attacked by the 8th FedCom RCT as it tried to gain the strategic upper hand over the Kathil CMM on its homeworld Kathil. After being pushed out of place by the Eighth's armor brigade, the Second was absorbed into the Kathil CMM in December 3062. This gave the Kathil CMM a much larger 'Mech force.
After the end of the FedCom Civil War the Second NAIS Cadre was rebuilt on New Avalon. In 3067 they were at 55% of their nominal strength, and these units were rebuilding with equipment taken out of storage.
In the early years of the Jihad the Second NAIS Cadre was operating alongside the survivors of the 5th Donegal Guards. Both units were heavily damaged by the Word of Blake's Thirty-first Division. The soldiers who remained were used to fill holes in the 1st Davion Guards, essentially destroying the unit until after the end of the Jihad.
In 3078 Princess-Regent Yvonne Steiner-Davion signed the Academy Appropriations War Powers Act. This act conscripted the Training Cadres of several schools into the AFFS. As a result, the Second Cadre was disbanded in 3078 and integrated into the Davion Brigade of Guards. The future of the Cadre was unknown, but if reconstituted, was considered likely to follow the LCT model.
The Second NAIS Cadet Cadre was the first of the NAIS Cadres to enter service after the Jihad, having been reconstituted earlier than originally planned. The focus of the Second Cadre had changed; just as the 1st NAIS Cadet Cadre had become a cavalry formation, the organization and doctrine of the Second had been changed to that of a fire support cadre, dominated by heavy and assault designs. Less than five years old by 3085, the Second had seen combat twice as a result of its posting to the new Periphery March, with several cadets already posted on to command companies within frontline units.
The Second continued the tradition of the NAIS Cadres fielding pre-production equipment developed by the NAIS; intelligence agencies were studying reports in 3085 indicating that the Second was undergoing field testing of a new super-heavy tank named "Destrier" as a part of their deployment in the Periphery March.
During the Victoria War the Second NAIS and 2nd Syrtis Fusiliers were attacking a position held by Warrior House Kamata. The Warrior House was reinforced by Thompson's August Warriors, who used several Firestarter-M2s to ignite the factory that formed the core of the position. The August Warriors and Warrior House troops withdrew from the factory just as Capellan artillery leveled the building. The Second NAIS was on Victoria, trying to hold the Trellis Electronics factory. The Second was heavily damaged, possibly destroyed, by the Warrior House troops before they left the planet.
|Commanding Officers of the 2nd NAIS Cadet Cadre|
|Major General||Quentin Drathers||3025|
|Leftenant General||Helen Sanderson||3050 . 3062|
|Leftenant General||Trish Hokum||3067|
They are mainly equipped with fast medium 'Mechs and Tanks and specialize in surprise attacks as well as other fast cavalry tactics.
2786 - 2821
2nd NAMA (Regiment/Green/Questionable) 
- Note: At this point in time the light-weight unit was stationed on -. In 2821 the command was reduced to 56 percent of its strength and was deployed on New Aberdeen. 
2nd NAMA (Regiment/Green/Reliable) 
- Note: At this point in time the light-weight unit was stationed on New Aberdeen with an operational readiness of 99 percent. 
2nd NAMA (Regiment/Green/Fanatical) 
- Note: At this point in time the medium-weight unit was stationed on Hoff with an operational readiness of 28 percent. 
2nd NAIS Cadet Cadre (Regiment/Green/Fanatical)
- CO: Major General Quentin Drathers 
- Note: At this point in time the unit was stationed on Beten Kaitos. 
2nd NAIS Cadet Cadre (Regiment/Green/Fanatical)
2nd NAIS Cadet Cadre (Regiment/Green/Fanatical) 
- CO: Leftenant General Helen Sanderson
- CO: Lieutenant General Helen Sanderson
- CO: Major Fritz D'Arby
2nd NAIS Cadet Cavalry Regiment (1 Regiment/Green/Fanatical)
- CO: Colonel Richard Scherzberg
2nd NAIS Cadet Armored Infantry Battalion (1 Battalion/Green/Fanatical)
- CO: Major Jane Ariel Tohm
2nd NAIS Cadet Cadre (Elite/Fanatical)
- CO: Leftenant General Trish Hokum
2nd NAIS Cadet Cadre Air (Wing/Elite/Fanatical)
- CO: Major Abel Crane
- CO: Captain Jerome Augustus Van Helden
2nd NAIS Cadet Cadre Cavalry Regiment (Veteran/Fanatical)
- CO: Colonel Adam Al Hashim
The few machines and other equipment held by the Second Cadre were mothballed since there were no cadets to crew it.
2nd NAIS Cadet Cadre (Green/Fanatical)
- CO: Leftenant General Otis
2nd NAIS Cadet Cadre Air (Wing/Green/Fanatical) CO: Major Meredydd D'cruz
2nd NAIS Cadet Cadre Armored Infantry (Battalion/Regular/Fanatical)
- CO: Major Tlaloc Rivero
2nd NAIS Cadet Cadre Cavalry Regiment (Green/Fanatical)
- CO: Colonel Faustino Gaganier
- Field Manual: Federated Suns, p. 127
- House Davion (The Federated Suns), p. 147 (pdf version)
- House Davion (The Federated Suns), p. 137 (pdf version), "Valexa PDZ"
- Flashpoint, pp.??
- FedCom Civil War (Sourcebook), p. 25
- Field Manual: Updates, p. 139, "AFFS Deployment Table - 3067"
- Field Manual: Updates, p. 136
- Jihad Turning Points: New Avalon, p. 6
- Field Report: AFFS, p. 19
- Field Manual: 3085, p. 68, "Academy and Training Units"
- Technical Readout: 3145 Lyran Commonwealth, p. 26
- Historical: Wars of the Republic Era, p. 54
- 20 Year Update, p. 21, "AFFC Deployment Table - 3050"
- Objective Raids, p. 14, "AFFC Deployment Table - 3050"
- Field Manual: Federated Suns, p. 128, "2nd NAIS Cadet Cadre Unit Profile"
- Jihad Turning Points: New Avalon, p. 6, "Combatants"
- Field Manual: 3085, p. 73, "AFFS Deployment Table - 3085"
- ’’ First Succession War’’, p. 134
- ’’ Second Succession War’’, p. 95
- Historical: War of 3039, p. 137
- 20-Year Update, p. 23
- 20 Year Update
- Field Manual: 3085
- Field Manual: Federated Suns
- Field Manual: Updates
- Field Report: AFFS
- Historical: Wars of the Republic Era
- House Davion (The Federated Suns)
- Jihad Turning Points: New Avalon
- Objective Raids
- The Lance Killer BattleCorps Story
- Technical Readout: 3145 Lyran Commonwealth
- First Succession War
- Second Succession War