|Mech type||Clan OmniMech|
|Chassis||JF 7 Light Endo Steel|
|Communications System||JF Integrated|
|Targeting Tracking System||JFIX/Olivetti Pinpoint Advanced|
|Heat Sinks||11 Double heat sinks|
Developing the experimental Partial Wing technology in the 3060s, attempts by the Falcon scientists to develop a new production design using it were unsuccessful and the project was ultimately shelved. Cut-off from the Clan Homeworlds as losses mounted in the Jihad, in 3074 then Khan Marthe Pryde tasked Merchant Daniel and the Falcon design teams to use whatever was available to rebuild her forces. After removing much of the internal components of the wings, retaining the inbuilt Pattern J7 SRM-6 launchers in the shoulders to avoid further delays, the reborn test-bed featured an imposing bird-like cosmetic appearance that helped the Flamberge secure a prominent position in the Clan Jade Falcon Touman.
Built on a Endo Steel chassis, powered by a 280 rated XL Engine, and clad in thirteen and a half tons of armor, while slower than other front-line OmniMechs of similar weight, the bulk of the Flamberge's variants feature Jump Jets and the design was built with them in mind. Mounting eleven double heat sinks on its base frame, the design had thirty-five tons of available pod space.
Weapons and Equipment
Aside from the fixed pair of SRM-6 launchers mounted in its shoulders, the primary configuration mounted an ATM-6 in each torso supported by two Medium Pulse Lasers in each arm. The Flamberge Prime featured superb mobility thanks to its inclusion of Improved Jump Jets, mounted two tons of ATM munitions, a single ton of SRM reloads and four extra heat sinks.
- Alt. Config. A
- Built around an ER PPC and a Large Pulse Laser, with both weapons linked to a Targeting Computer, the Flamberge A was a deadly accurate skirmisher. Five Improved Jump Jets, two tons of reloads for the fixed SRM launchers and four extra heat sinks gave it good endurance and maneuverability. BV (2.0) = 2,575
- Alt. Config. B
- A mixed range harasser, the B configuration carried three Plasma Cannons, one in its center torso and the other two alongside an ER Medium Laser in each arm, supported by the fixed SRM-6's and a right-torso mounted ER Large Laser. Fitted with standard Jump Jets and a Targeting Computer, six extra heat sinks, two tons of SRM reloads and six of Plasma munitions gave it reasonable endurance. BV (2.0) = 2,750
- Alt. Config. C
- Unusual for the Clans, the C config mounts a Arrow IV launcher on its left side, supported by the fixed SRMs, a Medium Pulse Laser in each arm, and an ER Medium and Large Laser in its right. Lacking the jump jets of the other configurations, the Flamberge C mounted three tons of Arrow missiles, two tons of SRM reloads and six extra heat sinks as well as TAG so it could spot for itself in emergencies. BV (2.0) = 2,092, 2,206
- Flamberge 2
- Attempting to re-add the Partial Wing to the Flamberge when the Falcons secured a number of Clan Wolf scientists after the conclusion of the Jihad, this variant introduced 3087 mounted an array of pulse lasers and enough improved jump jets to virtually fly around the battlefield. A Large Pulse Laser is supported by five Medium Pulse lasers and a Micro Pulse Laser. This version retains the paired SRM-6 missile launchers of the original. The Flamberge 2 also possesses an experimental Partial Wing and six Improved Jump Jets that allow it to cover 210 meters in a single jump. BV (2.0) = 2,468
- Technical Readout: 3085, pp. 166-167, "Flamberge"
- MUL online entry for the Flamberge
- Record Sheets: 3085 Print Edition, p. 84
- MUL online entry for the Flamberge A configuration
- MUL online entry for the Flamberge B configuration
- MUL online entry for the Flamberge C configuration
- MUL online entry for the Flamberge D configuration
- Record Sheets: 3145 New Tech, New Upgrades, p. 151
- MUL online entry for the Flamberge 2 variant
- Record Sheets: 3085 Unabridged - The Cutting Edge, p. 240
- Record Sheets: 3085 Unabridged - The Cutting Edge, p. 241
- MUL online entry for the Flamberge 3 variant