- Lead Developer Brent Evans Answers Big Questions On The Future Of BattleTech
- Was the Early Portrayal of the Capellan Confederation an Example of Yellow Peril?
- Mechwarrior Online World Championship Semi-Finals Seeding Games
- New Campaign Begins on MegaMekNET
- BATTLETECH Multiplayer Review - A Battle Of Titans
- Read more →
|Manufacturer||Irece Alpha, Barcella Alpha, Brim Ironworks|
|Chassis||NCIS Endo Steel Type M|
|Armor||Alpha Compound Ferro-Fibrous|
|Targeting Tracking System||Unknown|
|Heat Sinks||10 Double Heat Sinks|
|Jump Jets||Northrup Starlifters M40s|
The Clans upgraded the venerable Griffin design until the BattleMech now known as the Griffin IIC emerged. Seven tons of Ferro-Fibrous armor are mounted on an Endo Steel frame, giving the Griffin IIC almost maximum armor protection for its size. It is slightly faster than its antecedent, and it correspondingly mounts enough jump jets to leap up to 180 meters at a time.
Weapons and Equipment
This fire support 'Mech is armed with an ER Large Laser for direct-fire and four LRM-5 launchers, giving it a strength that exceeds the original Inner Sphere design, while being faster and lighter. Two tons of ammunition prove sufficient for most Clan engagements. Unlike the original, none of the IIC's weapons have a minimum range, so it is just as deadly up close, where it can also add in an ER Small Laser. It does not need additional heat sinks to stay relatively cool.
- Griffin IIC 4
- This upgrade was first designed by Clan Nova Cat with assistance from Clan Diamond Shark and Clan Cloud Cobra. It retains the Series 7NC ER Large Laser and Series 1NC ER Small Laser, but replaces the missile launchers with a pair of ATM 3s. Three tons of ammunition allow for maximum flexibility. BV (1.0) = 1,407, BV (2.0) = 1,475
- Griffin IIC 5
- This anti-infantry variant replaces the missile launchers with six Series 34NC Light Machine Guns. The weight saved allowed for the inclusion of enough Northrup Starlifter M41 Improved Jump Jets to leap up to 210 meters, a scant improvement. This inclusion necessitated reshuffling the locations of the lasers. BV (1.0) = ??, BV (2.0) = 1,344
- Griffin IIC 6
- Based on the Griffin IIC 4, the Nova Cats first deployed this variant during the Jihad. The ATM-3s stay in place, but the lasers were removed and replaced by a single Heavy Large Laser. A Targeting Computer offsets the sensor interference from the big gun, and Improved Jump Jets allow the IIC 6 to cover 240 meters in every jump. BV (2.0) = 1,468
- MUL online date for the Griffin IIC
- Record Sheets: 3085 Unabridged — Project Phoenix, p. 241
- Record Sheets: 3085 Unabridged — Project Phoenix, p. 242
- Record Sheets: 3085 Unabridged — Project Phoenix, p. 243
- Record Sheets: 3085 Unabridged — Project Phoenix, p. 244
- "Stalwart Nova Cat Weaponry"
- Record Sheets: 3085 Unabridged — Project Phoenix, p. 245
- Technical Readout: 3085, p. 275
- Master Unit List: Battle Values
- Combat Operations
- Record Sheets: 3055/3058
- Record Sheets: 3085 Unabridged — Project Phoenix
- Record Sheets: Phoenix Upgrades
- "Stalwart Nova Cat Weaponry"
- Technical Readout: 3055
- Technical Readout: Project Phoenix
- Total Warfare Style Record Sheets: Phoenix Upgrades
- Technical Readout: 3085