- Lead Developer Brent Evans Answers Big Questions On The Future Of BattleTech
- Was the Early Portrayal of the Capellan Confederation an Example of Yellow Peril?
- Mechwarrior Online World Championship Semi-Finals Seeding Games
- New Campaign Begins on MegaMekNET
- BATTLETECH Multiplayer Review - A Battle Of Titans
- Read more →
|Chassis||Type 56-45C Modified Endo Steel|
|Armor||Arcadia Compound Delta VII Standard|
|Engine||280 RFUM Fusion|
|Communications System||Garret T10B|
|Targeting Tracking System||Series VI KITT|
|Heat Sinks||11 Double heat sinks|
|Jump Jets||Clan Standard 14X Series|
The Grizzly is a BattleMech that was developed by Clan Ghost Bear scientists in the 30th century. Unfortunately, the design excels at no one thing, so it never carved a niche in the Clan's touman. Thirteen tons of armor are mounted on an Endo Steel frame. Jump jets are mounted so that the Grizzly can leap up to 120 meters at a time. Aside from the jack-of-all-trades, master-of-none moniker, the Grizzly is also poorly engineered. Slagged armor tends to get stuck in joints and weapons, while the actuators are difficult to repair in their own right. Production ceased in 3013 and the remaining 'Mechs were relegated to green Provisional Garrison Clusters.
Weapons and Equipment
The Grizzly actually packs a solid long-range punch with a Omega 12-coil Gauss Rifle and a Type X "Short Bow" LRM-10 Launcher. At closer ranges, a brace of pulse lasers provides accurate fire in the form of a Kolibri Delta Series Large Pulse Laser, Kolibri Delta Series Medium Pulse Laser, and a Chi Series Small Pulse Laser.
- Grizzly 2
- During the Combine-Ghost Bear War, Star Captain Scott of the Gurdel Bloodhouse came to fame for his customized Grizzly that has reignited this failed design. A potent urban defender, Scott's loadout is now a standard, with old Grizzlies being recalled for refit. The variant keeps the Gauss Rifle, but swaps out the pulse lasers for an ER Large Laser and six ER Micro Lasers. The missile launcher is replaced with an ATM 9 and two tons of ammunition that are usually High-Explosive rounds as they are the most useful in an urban environment. This refit is especially potent against infantry, both conventional and battle armor. BV (1.0) = 2,019, BV (2.0) = 2,195
- MUL online date for the Grizzly
- Technical Readout: 3058 Upgrade, pp. 184-185, "Grizzly Profile"
- Record Sheets: 3058 Upgrades, p. 286
- Record Sheets: 3058 Unabridged (Clan & Star League), p. 176
- Record Sheets: 3058 Upgrades, p. 287
- Record Sheets: 3058 Unabridged (Clan & Star League), p. 177