(References to Halfway)
Halfway neighbouring systems
|Recharge time||165 hours|
- Planetary Militia
- - The planetary militia's training programs, located in the capital city of Torrence on the Gespar continent, focuses on Vehicles and unarmored infantry.
| Jump point
|Moons||2 (Quarterway, Fathom)|
|Atmospheric pressure||Thin (Breathable)|
|Equatorial temperature||12°C (Cold-Temperate)|
|Highest native life||Plant|
- 2445 - Lyran Commonwealth 
- 2446 - Free Worlds League 
- 2596 - Lyran Commonwealth 
- 2750 - Lyran Commonwealth 
- 2765 - Lyran Commonwealth 
- 3025 - Lyran Commonwealth 
- 3030 - Lyran Commonwealth 
- 3040 - Federated Commonwealth 
- 3052 - Federated Commonwealth 
- 3057 - Lyran Alliance 
- 3062 - Lyran Alliance 
- 3130 - No record 
Halfway has three major continents, Dobson, Gespar and Krakatau. The planetary capital, Torrence, was located on Gespar. Halfway is best described as a barely-habitable rock. With only primitive, fern-like vegetation as the highest form of life, Halfway has largely been a stopover point for travelers for centuries.
Age of War
Reversing several losses against the Lyran Commonwealth, Captain-General Peter Marik II of the Free Worlds League led a successful campaign against the Lyran Commonwealth, recapturing worlds in 2441 and then, in 2446, striking into the Commonwealth with the capture of Halfway and Smolnik.
Jihad And Later
An enclave on the continent of Krakatau was "gifted" to the mercantile Clan Diamond Shark in the late 3070s, something that caused concern throughout the local region. While the creation of the enclave marked a new level of interaction with the nations of the Inner Sphere for the Diamond Sharks, there were some reports circulating that falsely claimed that Devlin Stone had attempted to force Archon Adam Steiner to gift the entire planet to the Sharks.
The enclave on Halfway allowed the Sharks to gain influence as far away as Sian as they built and maintained connections with major Inner Sphere corporations. In the meantime, Halfway continued to develop military industries looking to use the planet's remote location as a form of defence; by 3079 the Arcturan Arms facility on Baldic Island was manufacturing the Marsden II Main Battle Tank on Halfway, while the Lestrade Motors plant near Wrightport on Dobson was producing the Büffel VII Engineering Support Vehicle.
| Planets within 2 jumps (60 light-years) |
Closest planets first:
- Objectives: Lyran Alliance, p. 14, "Industrial Systems"
- House Marik (The Free Worlds League), p. 16, "Struggle Between Marik and Parliament"
- Historical: Reunification War, p. 158, "Inner Sphere Map "
- Handbook: Major Periphery States, p. 25, "Rim Worlds Republic At the Fall of the Star League "
- Era Report: 2750, p. 36, "Inner Sphere - 2750"
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1, p. 10, "Inner Sphere - 2765"
- Historical: War of 3039, p. 133, "Inner Sphere - 3040"
- Map of the Inner Sphere 3130
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 114, "Clan Diamond Shark"