- New MechWarrior 5 Trailer, Pre-Orders Online Now
- MechCommander Gold - Darkest Hours Gets 4.0 Release
- Update On Beginner Box Set And BattleTech: Game Of Armored Combat
- Sarna Wishes You All A Happy Holidays!
- Mech_Con Roundup Day 2 - Harebrained Show, Catalyst Announcements, And A New MWOWC Champion!
- Read more →
BattleTech Community Ads:
|Manufacturer||WC Site 1, Wolf Clan Site #2|
|Mech type||Clan OmniMech|
|Chassis||Type W4 Endo Steel|
|Armor||Composite A-4 Ferro-Fibrous|
|Engine||Heavy Force 390 XL|
|Communications System||Khan Series (Type 3)|
|Targeting Tracking System||Series V OPT|
|Heat Sinks||14 Double heat sinks|
The Linebacker was designed to eventually replace the Timber Wolf in the touman of Clan Wolf when it was found that the venerable design could not keep pace with its Starmates in running battles, which could, of course, limit its effectiveness during the invasion of the Inner Sphere. The name for the OmniMech comes from the Linebacker's hunched appearance, which resembles players of ancient American Football. The Linebacker has found a home within Clan Wolf in Exile and is tolerated by the Crusader Wolves because of their need for equipment. It is said the Crusader Wolves are less accepting of the 'Mech because it was originally planned by Khans Natasha Kerensky and Phelan Ward; both of the Warden cause.
Weapons and Equipment
The Linebacker is built on a lightweight Type W4 Endo Steel chassis, which carries a powerful Heavy Force 390 XL Engine, giving the 'Mech a top speed of 97.2 km/h, and is protected by a respectable ten tons of Composite A-4 Ferro-Fibrous armor. The Linebacker also has 17.5 tons of pod space, which allows the 'Mech to carry a variety of effective payloads.
In its primary configuration the Linebacker is configured for long range combat, with two powerful ER PPCs for its primary firepower, as they can reach a target at long range and are each capable of vaporizing almost a full ton of standard armor. These are backed up by an LRM-5 launcher for long range missile bombardment. For close combat, the Linebacker Prime carries a light arsenal of a highly accurate Streak SRM-4 launcher and a rear-mounted ER Small Laser.
- Alt Config. A
- Configured similarly to the Timber Wolf Prime, the Linebacker A carries, as its primary long-range weapons, a pair of ER Large Lasers that are backed up by an LRM-5 launcher and LRM-15 launcher, both of which allow the Linebacker to bombard its target at long range. For close combat, the 'Mech carries two ER Medium Lasers. BV (1.0) = 1,854, BV (2.0) = 2,264
- Alt Config. C
- An all-around trooper configuration, the Linebacker C has weapons which allow the 'Mech to engage an enemy effectively at any range. For long ranges, the 'Mech is armed with an Ultra Autocannon/5 and a single ER Large Laser. For close combat, the 'Mech has four ER Medium Lasers, one of which is rear-mounted. To keep the 'Mech from being attacked by unarmored infantry it has two Machine Guns, one of which is mounted in the rear arc, as well as a rear-mounted Flamer. BV (1.0) = 1,824, BV (2.0) = 2,075
- Alt Config. D
- The Linebacker D is a committed close-combat configuration with four highly accurate Streak SRM-6 launchers providing an overwhelming close range missile barrage. The launchers are backed up by two ER Medium Lasers and a rear-mounted ER Small Laser, making this configuration a ferocious short-range brawler - until its three ammunition bins run dry. BV (1.0) = 1,865, BV (2.0) = 2,039
- Alt Config. E
- An extremely flexible configuration, the Linebacker E has an ER Large Laser as its primary long range weapon. This is backed up by a pair of ATM-6 launchers which are capable of firing ammunition for long, medium, and short ranges, which have increasing warhead payloads as the ranges close. Additionally, the 'Mech carries a Light Active Probe to allow it to detect hidden enemy units. BV (1.0) = 1,669, BV (2.0) = 1,846
- Alt Config. F
- A rather flexible fire support configuration, the Linebacker F carries four SRM-6s for close range brawling, with three tons of Narc-guided ammunition split between them. An ER PPC in the right torso provides long range firepower, and an Improved One-Shot Narc Missile Beacon can mark an enemy for friendly missile barrages. BV (2.0) = 1,928
- Alt Config. G
- This configuration was introduced during the Dark Age. It uses a Supercharger to reach a top speed of 120km/h in short bursts. Offensively, it carries an Improved Heavy Large Laser in each arm, which are tied into a Targeting Computer. It has a pair of Improved One-Shot Streak SRM-2 launchers for close-in defense. BV (2.0) = 2,433
- Alt Config. H
- Another close range configuration, the Linebacker H is armed with a pair of powerful Heavy Large Lasers which have a great deal of hitting power. These are backed up by a pair of ER Medium Lasers and a single ER Small Laser. The 'Mech also has six jump jets that allow it to jump up to one hundred and eighty meters. BV (1.0) = 1,891, BV (2.0) = 2,097
The confgurations presented here were introduced in MechWarrior Online, and thus far have not appeared in any canonical media.
- LBK-RL Redline
- The Redline custom configuration mounts an Ultra AC/10 in the left arm and a single Streak SRM-4 rack in the right arm supported by five ER Small Lasers - three in the right torso, two in the left. Two tons of Ultra Autocannon ammunition and a single ton of Streak reloads is adequate for Clan trials.
MechWarrior Online art of the Linebacker
- MUL online date for the Linebacker
- Combat Operations, p. 108
- Record Sheets: 3055 Upgrades Unabridged, p. 143
- Record Sheets: 3055 Upgrade, p. 90
- Record Sheets: 3055 Upgrades Unabridged, p. 144
- Record Sheets: 3055 Upgrades Unabridged, p. 145
- Record Sheets: 3055 Upgrades Unabridged, p. 144
- Record Sheets: 3055 Upgrades Unabridged, p. 147
- 'Record Sheets: Upgrades, p. 113
- Record Sheets: 3055 Upgrades Unabridged, p. 148
- Record Sheets: 3055 Upgrades Unabridged, p. 155
- Record Sheets: 3145 New Tech, New Upgrades, p. 145
- 'Record Sheets: Upgrades, p. 114
- Record Sheets: 3055 Upgrades Unabridged, p. 149
- MechWarrior Online Linebacker Sale Page
- Technical Readout: 3055, p. 138