- This article is about the Clan Battlemech. For the military unit, see Supernova (unit).
|Manufacturer||Irece Alpha, Barcella Alpha, Brim Ironworks|
|Chassis||NCIS Standard Type A|
|Armor||Omega Heavy Stellarguard|
|Engine||Consolidated 270 Fusion Standard|
|Communications System||NC-TelCom Mk X|
|Targeting Tracking System||Big Cat Mk XXI TTS|
|Heat Sinks||26 Double heat sinks|
|Jump Jets||90 meters|
A 'Mech feared by many Inner Sphere pilots, the Supernova seems to be an advanced version of the Black Hawk, though it was developed before that venerable OmniMech. It is slow, however, topping out at only only 54 kph, but this disadvantage was solved with a good amount of armor for a 90 ton 'Mech. Just like the Black Hawk's Prime variant, it is made to survive long battles without supply lines.
Weapons and Equipment
The Supernova's only armaments are six Clan ER Large Lasers. While this is a fair amount of firepower for a 'Mech for its size, it has a severe overheating problem. After firing no more than three full, consecutive salvos, the Supernova will force an automatic shutdown, so MechWarriors must carefully manage their heat.
- Supernova 2
- Created by Clan Nova Cat after their Abjuration, this variant, and the others they fashioned, uses Endo Steel and increased armor protection. The first variant replaces four of the ER Large Lasers and many of their attendant heat sinks with four ATM 9s, six tons of ammunition, and adds an advanced Targeting Computer to guide the remaining pair of lasers. BV (1.0) = 2,359, BV (2.0) = 2,741
- King Crab - due to the scarcity of ammunition, the King Crab's armament was replaced by an all energy-weapon loadout. BV (1.0) = 1509, BV (2.0) = ?
- Nova - The Nova appears to be inspired by the Supernova.
- Technical Readout: 3058 Upgrade, pp. 190-190, "Supernova"
- MUL online date for the Supernova
- Record Sheets: 3058 Upgrades, p. 334
- Record Sheets: 3058 Unabridged (Clan & Star League), p. 195
- Record Sheets: 3058 Upgrades, p. 335
- Record Sheets: 3058 Unabridged (Clan & Star League), p. 196
- Record Sheets: 3058 Upgrades, p. 336
- Record Sheets: 3058 Unabridged (Clan & Star League), p. 197
- Record Sheets: 3058 Upgrades, p. 337
- Record Sheets: 3058 Unabridged (Clan & Star League), p. 198