- This article is about the Clan Battlemech. For the military unit, see Supernova (unit).
|Manufacturer||Irece Alpha, Barcella Alpha, Brim Ironworks|
|Chassis||NCIS Standard Type A|
|Armor||Omega Heavy Stellarguard|
|Engine||Consolidated 270 Fusion Standard|
|Communications System||NC-TelCom Mk X|
|Targeting Tracking System||Big Cat Mk XXI TTS|
|Heat Sinks||26 Double heat sinks|
|Jump Jets||90 meters|
A 'Mech feared by many Inner Sphere pilots, the Supernova seems to be an advanced version of the Black Hawk, though it was actually developed before that venerable OmniMech. Plans to replace the King Crab's loadout with clusters of Large Lasers grew from a shortage of autocannon ammunition. The first prototypes met with little success due to the King Crab's integral Ferro Fibrous armor, but gave rise to a lighter and leaner new design.
It has an average speed for an assault 'Mech, with a top speed of 54kph provided by a standard fusion engine. Mobility is further increased with Jump Jets, making it capable of 90 metres leaps. It is built on a standard Chassis#Internal_Structure, with 14.5 tons of standard armor providing protection. Just like the Black Hawk's Prime variant, it is made to survive long battles without supply lines.  
Weapons and Equipment
The Supernova's only armaments are six Clan ER Large Lasers. While this is a fair amount of firepower for a 'Mech for its size, it has a severe overheating problem. After firing no more than three full, consecutive salvos, the Supernova will force an automatic shutdown, so MechWarriors must carefully manage their heat.
- Supernova 2
- Created by Clan Nova Cat after their Abjuration, this variant, and the others they fashioned, uses Endo Steel and increased armor protection. The first variant replaces four of the ER Large Lasers and many of their attendant heat sinks with four ATM 9s, six tons of ammunition, and adds an advanced Targeting Computer to guide the remaining pair of lasers. BV (1.0) = 2,359, BV (2.0) = 2,741
- King Crab - Due to a shortage of ammunition, the King Crab's armament was replaced by an all energy-weapon loadout, creating the Supernova's Prime variant.
- Nova - The Nova appears to be inspired by the Supernova.
- Technical Readout: 3058 Upgrade, pp. 190-190, "Supernova"
- MUL online date for the Supernova
- Record Sheets: 3058 Upgrades, p. 334
- Record Sheets: 3058 Unabridged (Clan & Star League), p. 195
- Invading Clans Sourcebook, p. 128
- Record Sheets: 3058 Upgrades, p. 335
- Record Sheets: 3058 Unabridged (Clan & Star League), p. 196
- Record Sheets: 3058 Upgrades, p. 336
- Record Sheets: 3058 Unabridged (Clan & Star League), p. 197
- Record Sheets: 3058 Upgrades, p. 337
- Record Sheets: 3058 Unabridged (Clan & Star League), p. 198