|Manufacturer||Clan Wolf (site unknown)|
|Engine||XL Fusion Engine|
|Targeting Tracking System||Unspecified|
|Heat Sinks||12 Double Heat Sinks|
The Tomahawk is an assault-class OmniMech designed by Clan Wolf in 3065. By 2 September of that year, a few prototypes had been built and were being tested in trial runs. One was piloted by Nathan Wolf in a Circle of Equals on Tamar when he attained the rank of Star Colonel. Although he was victorious against a Thor, it was noted that the Tomahawk still suffered from numerous system errors and gremlins and was not yet ready for mass production. Still, Nathan retained the 'Mech for his subsequent assignment to Omega Galaxy and successfully piloted it in combat on Novo Cressidas in the Star's End system on 11 April 3064.
The 'Mech ultimately failed to enter production and remained a prototype, presumably due at least in part to the Clan's troubles during the Jihad. After the Jihad, the design was revisited and improved, and became the Tomahawk II which did enter line production.
Weapons and Equipment
The Prime configuration features similary in its weapon layout to the later Tomahawk II. The Tomahawk's main weapons focus on pair of Gauss Rifles and ER Large Lasers, which are mounted in pairs in its arms. The close-range weaponry includes pair of Medium Pulse Lasers and Streak 4 launchers found in the side torsos. Other features include three additional Double Heat Sinks, an Anti-Missile System, and an ECM Suite.
- Alt. Config. A
- Designed as a close-in fighter, this configuration features pair of hard hitting Ultra Class 20 Autocannons mounted in the arms. In this configuration, the arms can be flipped over to engage enemies in the rear arc. In this configuration the 'Mech also sports three Medium Pulse Lasers, two Streak 6 SRM Launchers and a single ER Large Laser. Ammunition for the autocannons is stored in the arms and side torsos. Three additional Double Heat Sinks are fitted in the center torso and legs. BV(2.0)= 2,762>
- Alt. Config. B
- The B configuration is outfitted mainly with long-range weaponry. Its main firepower comes from pairs of arm mounted ER PPCs and ER Large Lasers. Backing up these weapons are six ER Medium Lasers and four Medium Pulse Lasers. Additional long-range firepower comes from a torso mounted LRM-10 launcher with a single ton of ammunition. To help cope with heavy heat load from its weapons, thirteen additional Double Heat Sinks are fitted throught the 'Mech chassis. BV(2.0)=3,323
- Alt. Config. C
- The C configuration comes with a large array of Pulse Lasers and Advanced Tactical Missile batteries. Four Large Pulse Lasers are mounted in the arms, with the lower arm actuators being removed. Two large ATM-12 launchers are fitted in each of the 'Mech side torso, with two tons of ammunition split between each of them. Ten additional Double Heat Sinks are fitted thoughout the 'Mech. BV(2.0)= 2,985
- First mentioned in the short story The Price of Conviction, the Tomahawk originally did not have a image of its own when it was first created. The 'Mech's stats did not appear until Technical Readout: 3145 The Clans was published, where its successor first appeared. Record sheets and a brief background description for the Tomahawk were included in the Tomahawk II writeup.
- Technical Readout: 3145 The Clans, pp 52, 117 Tomahawk - BV2.
- MUL Profile for the Tomahawk including it's BV2 and Introduction Year.
- Record Sheets: 3145 Unabridged, p. 473
- Technical Readout: 3145 The Clans, pp 52, 117 Tomahawk II Variants - Tomahawk's brief background info.
- Technical Readout: 3145 The Clans, pp 52, 117 Tomahawk - Primary configuration information and capacities.
- A configuration BV
- Technical Readout: 3145 The Clans, pp. 52, 118 Tomahawk - A Configuration.
- The MUL Profile of the A configuration BV
- Record Sheets: 3145 Unabridged, p. 474
- Technical Readout: 3145 The Clans, pp. 52, 121 Tomahawk - B configuration
- MUL Profile of the B Configuration BV.
- Record Sheets: 3145 Unabridged, p. 475
- Technical Readout: 3145 The Clans, pp. 52, 121 Tomahawk - C Configuration.
- MUL's Profile of the C Configuration BV.
- Record Sheets: 3145 Unabridged, p. 476