Zeta Galaxy (Clan Ice Hellion)
- Harmony Gold and Piranha Games Have Settled - Probably
- The Succession Wars and so much more…
- MechWarrior Online World Championship Tournament Announced With Stock ‘Mech Restriction
- BattleTech Devs Talk About Making Game On A Budget
- Catalyst's BattleTech Lead Brent Evans Interviewed On Upcoming Box Sets
- Read more →
|Unit Profile (as of 3072)|
|Nickname||Guardians of the Lair|
|Parent Formation||Clan Ice Hellion Touman|
Formed prior to 2959, Zeta Galaxy earned its reputation and nickname by protecting military and civilian facilities on the Ice Hellion homeworld, a fact which lessens the blow when ageing warriors are assigned to the unit.
In 3070 the Galaxy move to Nouveaux Paris, arriving in September. Here it began preparations for the Hellion assault on the Inner Sphere, along with Alpha Galaxy, Beta Galaxy, and Delta Galaxy. By October all the forces were in place for the operation to commence.
The Galaxy along with Beta formed the Hellion secondary force under saKhan Conner Rood tasked with securing the Periphery border. The force captured Anywhere, Somerset, Erewhon, Bone Norman, and Lackhove.
In September 3071 Zeta attacked Wotan and in October captured Gotterdammerung and Here. In November elements of the Galaxy pulled off Apollo. Elements of the Galaxy on Here were destroyed by Clan Hell's Horses in December 3071. The Third Hector Cavaliers on Gotterdammerung managed to retreat.
The Cavaliers retreated to the Dark Nebula, to join SaKhan Rood. He had two Clusters left to him, the 90th Striker Irregulars from Beta and the Cavaliers. It appears that the Cavaliers were rolled into the ranks of Beta at this point and Zeta Galaxy was no more. When a combined Jade Falcon and Hell's Horses task force moved against the system the remaining Hellion naval assets were swept aside. Sakhan Rood accepted Hegira and the last remnants of the Galaxy retreated from the Inner Sphere in April 3072.
With its equipment either out-of-date or dilapidated by Clan standards, Zeta employs hit-and-run and harassment tactics in order to survive.
- Field Manual: Crusading Clans, p. 88, "Zeta Galaxy"
- Wars of Reaving, p. 55-6
- Wars of Reaving, p. 69-70
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents, p. 29
- Wars of Reaving, p. 84
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents, p. 30
- Wars of Reaving, p. 85
- Field Manual: Crusading Clans, p. 87, "Zeta Galaxy"
- Field Manual: Update, p. 27, "Clan Ice Hellion"