41st Avalon Hussars
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For August 2020
- MechWarrior 5 DLC, Heroes Of The Inner Sphere, Previewed In Podcasts And Streams
- MechCommander Returns As a MechWarrior 5 Mod
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For July, 2020
- The Evolution Of Long-Range Missiles In BattleTech, or Why You Should Shut Up And Love The LRM-5
- Read more →
|Forty-first Avalon Hussars|
|Unit Profile (as of 3062)|
|Parent Formation||Avalon Hussars|
Originally established in the first half of the twenty-seventh century, the Forty-first Avalon Hussars was one of many Avalon Hussars regiments to be deactivated following the issue of the Council Edict of 2650 by the Star League Council that restricted the size of the military each Great House was allowed to maintain. When the Edict was rescinded a century later the Forty-first was reactivated; as late as 2765 the regiment had the distinction of being the only regiment within the Avalon Hussars to have never played an active role in a significant military campaign. In 2784 the Armed Forces of the Federated Suns recruited a regiment of Star League Defense Force personnel from the 200th Mechanized Infantry Division, one of the divisions within XLVII Corps, a part of the Twentieth Army, and which was disbanded following heavy losses during the Hegemony Campaign. The AFFS merged the personnel from the 200th into the Forty-first and Forty-second Avalon Hussars.
Second Succession War
On the 2nd of August 2834, the DCMS launched Operation MOONLIGHT SONATA, a large-scale offensive against the Federated Suns. Attacks were launched against a series of worlds, with Listowel invaded by the Fifth Dieron Regulars in March 2835, facing the defending Forty-first Avalon Hussars. The two commands launched a dangerous series of attacks and counter-attacks against each other throughout the Duchesne Mountains, until an ambush at Drakman Peak turned the tables in favor of the Hussars, letting them play the cat to the Regulars' mouse. In late July, the Regulars withdrew, leaving Listowel to the Hussars. Drakman Peak was subsequently renamed Deliverance Peak.
Fourth Succession War
Prior to the Fourth Succession War the 41st was based on David. They were deployed elsewhere during the start of the Fourth Succession War, and the 12th Deneb Light Cavalry garrisoned David. The 41st returned to David, and helped the 12th Deneb Light Cavalry drive the 9th Dieron Regulars off-world.
The 41st was destroyed on Planting during the Clan Invasion. They avoided using static defenses, instead luring elements of Clan Wolf's Beta Galaxy into a series of ambushes that inflicted heavy losses. The Hussars were so successful that the Clan commander had to break his bid to destroy the unit.
After Operation Guerrero, Victor Steiner-Davion ordered the reconstitution of the 41st. They took up station on Benet III. Unfortunately they didn't receive much in the way of support from the High Command after Katherine Steiner-Davion took power. Instead of the standard supporting regiments common to an RCT, the 41st only had two battalions of armor support and a single wing of AeroSpace Fighters.
During the FedCom Civil War, they were destroyed on Benet III by the 5th Donegal Guards. They tried to maintain a guerrilla war against the 5th Donegal, but they had no support from the population.
|Commanding Officers of the 41st Avalon Hussars|
|Hauptmann General||Ivan Terokopf||3050|
During the Star League era all of the Avalon Hussars were required to focus on being both flexible and mobile, with every regiment required to be capable of deploying within eight hours, although many of the Hussars struggled to actually achieve this.
By the thirty-first century the Forty-first Avalon Hussars had no tactical specialties.
Forty-first Avalon Hussars (Regiment/Green/Reliable)
- - At this point in time the Forty-first was stationed on Elbar. In common with the other regiments of the Avalon Hussars the Forty-first had an attached aerospace wing, although these forces were primarily tasked to provide ground support rather than escort duties.
Forty-first Avalon Hussars (Regiment/Regular/Reliable)
- - At this point in time the Hussars were a medium-weight regiment stationed on Elbar and were operating at full strength.
Forty-first Avalon Hussars (Regiment/Regular/Reliable)
- - At this point in time the Hussars were a medium-weight regiment stationed on Alnadal and had been reduced to just over two battalions in strength.
Forty-first Avalon Hussars (Regiment/Veteran/Reliable)
- - At this point in time the Hussars were a medium-weight regiment and had managed to rebuild to just over three and a half battalions in strength. The Hussars were stationed on Angelsey.
Forty-first Avalon Hussars (Regiment/Elite/Reliable)
- - At this point in time the Hussars were a medium-weight regiment stationed on Listowel, and had been reduced to three battalions in strength.
Forty-first Avalon Hussars RCT (Regular/Reliable)
- CO: Marshal Kenney Graham 
- Note: At this point in time the unit was stationed on David. The 41st RCT has a number of LAMs and more than twice the normal number of AeroSpace Fighters.
Forty-first Avalon Hussars RCT (Regiment/Rel/Reliable)
Forty-first Avalon Hussars RCT (Regiment/Regular/Reliable) 
- CO: Hauptmann General Ivan Terokopf 
- Note: At this point in time the command was stationed on Planting. 
- CO: General Laura Hamilton
- Aide: Leftenant General Julius Gramstad
- CO: Leftenant General Julius Gramstad
- CO: Major Fred "Highbail" Parneau
- A formation date of the first half of the twenty-seventh century has been entered for the Forty-first based on it being one of the regiments deactivated after the Council Edict of 2650, while being listed numerically after the Thirty-fourth Avalon Hussars, a regiment known to have been formed in the early twenty-seventh century.
- Field Report: Federated Suns 2765, p. 9, "Avalon Hussars"
- First Succession War, p. 33, "Those Left Behind"
- The Star League, p. 158, "Twentieth Army"
- Second Succession War, p. 44, "In the Manner of a Fantasy"
- NAIS The Fourth Succession War Military Atlas Volume 2, p. 28
- Field Manual: Federated Suns, p. 57, "41st Avalon Hussars Unit Profile"
- Wolf Clan Sourcebook, p. 60
- Field Manual: Updates, p. 126
- FedCom Civil War (sourcebook), pp. 63-64
- House Davion (The Federated Suns), p. 136 (pdf version), "Raman PDZ"
- 20 Year Update, p. 25
- Field Report: Federated Suns 2765, p. 8, "Avalon Hussars"
- Field Report 2765: AFFS, p. 10, "Avalon Hussars - Regimental Status"
- First Succession War, p. 134, "Armed Forces of the Federated Suns (AFFS)"
- 'Second succession War, p. 94, "Armed Forces of the Federated Suns (AFFS)"
- Historical: War of 3039, p.135