4th Confederation Reserve Cavalry
- MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries Has Arrived - Here's What You Can Expect
- The 'Mech That Looks Most Like A Turkey
- Community Outreach - How Michael Todd Met Robert N. Charrette
- Community Outreach - The Robert N. Charrette Collection
- New Heavy Metal Trailer For HBS’ BattleTech Reveals New ‘Mech: The Bull Shark
- Read more →
|Fourth Confederation Reserve Cavalry|
|Unit Profile (as of 3145)|
|Nickname||Dawn Trekkers (2765)|
Ox-Head Reapers (3145))
|Parent Formation||Confederation Reserve Cavalry|
Reactivated between 3113 and 3134
- 1 History
- 2 Officers
- 3 Tactics
- 4 Composition History
- 5 Insignia
- 6 Notes
- 7 References
- 8 Bibliography
The Capellan Reserve Cavalry formed during the years between the repeal of the Star League Council Edict of 2650 in 2572 and the eruption of the Amaris Coup. The Capellan Confederation Armed Forces had expanded rapidly, as did the militaries of the other Great Houses, and the Capellan Reserve Cavalry was the last of the CCAF brigades to form (or re-form) prior to the Coup. Between 2572 and 2765 the Reserve Cavalry mustered seven new regiments, with the intention that the Reserve Cavalry would act as rapid reinforcements to other units and as a source of replacement personnel for frontline commands. Like the other regiments within the Reserve Cavalry, the Fourth Confederation Reserve Cavalry was an odd combination of volunteer corps, training cadre and militia, with standing orders for the junior Colonel in charge of the Fourth to subordinate his command to place it at the full disposal of any frontline command it served alongside. This allowed the Fourth to act as a synergistic part of the superior formation, free of internal power-struggles or conflicts.
The Fifth was formed using recruits from the new colony worlds in the Confederation's rimward regions, and the majority of the recruits were hardy pioneers accustomed to extended periods of isolation, harsh environments and privation.
Third Succession War
Raid on Styk
The Fourth Confederation Reserve Cavalry fought Wolf's Dragoons on Styk in late 3006 and early 3007. When Wolf’s Dragoons launched a raid on the 'Mech construction facility at Hegemony Bay on the planet Styk in late 3006 they were met by the Fourth Reserve. The Dragoons used a diversionary attack on a nearby dam to lure the 4th Reserve away from defense of the facility. When the unit returned they engaged hover units of the Dragoons and eventually pushed their way back into the city but not after heavy damage was inflicted.
Fourth Succession War
When the Avalon Hussars of the Armed Forces of the Federated Suns landed on Styk they faced the Third Battalion of the 4th Reserve along with a 'Mech and Infantry Battalion from House Fujita assigned to defend the important Tao 'Mechworks facility. The inexperienced warriors of the 4th Reserve fell into a classic ambush and were quickly destroyed or forced to surrender. 
The Screaming Eagles mercenary force occupied New Canton and battled with the First Battalion of the 4th Reserve and the Third Battalion of Trimaldi's Secutors in guerrilla-style engagements in the jungles of the northern continent. When the Eagles finally caught up with the 4th Reserve and cornered them up against a river the unit surrendered. After the surrender the commander of the Eagles, Colonel Opson Mathis, ordered the 'Mechs of the Fourth Reserve disabled, sealed the pilots in their cockpits, and murdered them by pushing them into the river.
By the end of the Fourth Succession War two of the Fourth's battalions had been destroyed and a third not engaged. At some point after this they were disbanded and were only reconstituted sometime between 3113 and 3134.
The Fourth Confederation Reserve Cavalry was created in secret sometime before 3134 as one of the Hidden Lion regiments formed by Chancellor Daoshen Liao using stockpiled equipment. This new CRC unit uses the Augmented Regiment formations commonly found in the CCAF by 3145. They are a second-line regiment of the Sian Commonality.
|Commanding Officers of the 4th Confederation Reserve Cavalry|
Star League Era
The Fifth was established as the Reserve Cavalry's dedicated reconnaissance regiment.
The Dark Age
As of 3145 during their operations with Warrior House Hiritsu, the Fourth CRC would divide the regiment into two flanking columns and attempt to envelope enemy formations. This allowed for them to pin those formations on to Warrior House Hiritsu to destroy.
Fourth Confederation Reserve Cavalry (Regiment/Regular/Reliable)
Fourth Confederation Reserve Cavalry (Regiment/Regular/Reliable)
- - At this point in time the Fourth was a light-weight regiment operating at full strength and were stationed on Ambergrist.
Fourth Confederation Reserve Cavalry (Regular/Reliable)
- - At this point in time the Fourth was a light-weight regiment operating at between one-third and half-strength, and were stationed on Avigait.
4th Confederation Reserve Cavalry (Regiment/Regular/Reliable) 
- Note: At this point in time the medium-weight unit was stationed on Avigait with an operational readiness of 74 percent. 
4th Confederation Reserve Cavalry (Regiment/Veteran/Reliable) 
- Note: At this point in time the heavy-weight unit was stationed on Yongd with an operational readiness of 32 percent. 
Fourth Confederation Reserve Cavalty (Regiment/Green/Reliable) 
Fourth Confederation Reserve Cavalry (Veteran/Reliable)
- CO: Sang-shao Gweilung Pham
Ox-Head Flight (Regular/Reliable)
- CO: Kong-zhong-shao Amerigo Schoch
Fourth Cavalry Armor (Regular/Reliable)
- CO: Zhong-shao Yuk Lan Cheung
Fourth Cavalry Auxiliary (Regular/Reliable)
- CO: Zhong-shao Wladyslaw Dolata
As of 3145, The Fourth CRC trims their equipment bone white, and uses a bull’s skull as their emblem.
The unit has a preponderance of fast medium and light battlemechs.
- Field Report 2765: CCAF, p. 16, "Confederation Reserve Cavalry"
- Field Manual: 3145, p. 39, "Confederation Reserve Cavalry - Fourth Confederation Reserve Cavalry"
- Wolf's Dragoons (sourcebook), p. 9, "Raid on Styk"
- NAIS The Fourth Succession War Military Atlas Volume 1, p. 2, "Styk"
- Field Manual: Mercenaries (Revised), p. 99, "Screaming Eagles: Soiled Honor"
- NAIS The Fourth Succession War Military Atlas Volume 1, p. 102, " Capellan Casualties"
- Field Manual: 3145, p. 27, "General Review"
- Field Manual: 3145, p. 28, "THE NEW OLD-FASHIONED WAY"
- Field Manual: 3145, p. 78, "Capellan March Brigade"
- Field Manual: 3145, p. 46, "Capellan Confederation Deployment Table - 3145"
- Fourth Succession War (Source Book), p. 135, "Capellan Confederation Armed Forces (CCAF) - Deployment Table"
- ’’ Second Succession War’’, p. 95
- House Liao (Confederation Capella), p. 105