55th Red Vanguard (Clan Blood Spirit)
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For August 2020
- MechWarrior 5 DLC, Heroes Of The Inner Sphere, Previewed In Podcasts And Streams
- MechCommander Returns As a MechWarrior 5 Mod
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For July, 2020
- The Evolution Of Long-Range Missiles In BattleTech, or Why You Should Shut Up And Love The LRM-5
- Read more →
|55th Red Vanguard Cluster|
|Unit Profile (as of 3084)|
|Parent Formation||Beta Galaxy|
The 55th Red Vanguard Cluster fought on Albion with Kappa Galaxy in 3059. When its parent unit was disbanded after the Burrock Absorption due to losses, the Fifty-fifth was transferred as a whole to Alpha Galaxy, the only Kappa Galaxy Cluster to survive the fighting intact.
The Fifty-fifth remained on the defensive on York, counter attacking Clan Star Adder where possible. Between 3059 and 3066 they along with Alpha Galaxy saw almost constant fighting fending off raids by Clan Star Adder. Although the galaxy took heavy casualties the Fifty-fifth was kept supplied with new warriors. 
In late 3069 Khan Schmitt led Alpha Galaxy and the Fifty-fifth against the Adders on Albion quickly capturing a Chrysaor ProtoMech factory and by the end of the year had secured 40% of the planet. The Khan then led Alpha against Clan Steel Viper holdings on Arcadia and captured their Roc ProtoMech complex. 
The Fifty-fifth was involved in near constant fighting on York but by 3070 had reduced the Adder holdings to a single enclave.  In early January 3072 Khan Karianna Schmitt led Alpha Galaxy to Arcadia, hoping to negotiate with Clan Ghost Bear for the remaining Ghost Bear enclaves on the world, however this turned into a debacle and the Spirits retreated.  In 3073 the Fifty-fifth arrived on Niles here they engaged forces of Clan Coyote gaining a good deal of supplies.
In 3075 Beta Galaxy was reformed and the Fifty-fifth transferred to it. They were dropped on to New Kent as part of the multi-Clan force of the Clan Steel Viper Annihilation. They led the way in the approach to the planet, ground batteries opened fire on their DropShips and killing saKhan Schmitt.
After the Viper annihilation the Fifty-fifth was rebuilt in 3082 they were stationed in the Colleen system. Here in 3083 they came under attack by forces of both Clan Stone Lion and Clan Coyote; taking heavy casualties as they were pushed out of defensive enclaves. They stood at roughly fifty five percent strength in 3084 when the Star Adders called for a Trial of Absorption and by the end of the year the command had been destroyed.
|Commanding Officers of the 55th Red Vanguard|
|Star Colonel||Kevin Galen||3059|
|Star Colonel||Seff Johns||3067|
|Star Colonel||Isis Dumont||3084|
- Field Manual: Crusader Clans, p. 31, " 55th Red Vanguard Cluster Profile"
- Field Manual: Update, p. 41, "Blood Spirit Touman"
- Field Manual: Updates, p. 36-41
- The Wars of Reaving, p.45
- The Wars of Reaving, p.42
- Wars of Reaving, p. 83
- The Wars of Reaving, p.133
- The Wars of Reaving, p.150
- The Wars of Reaving, p.155-157
- Field Manual: Update, p. 70, "Clan Blood Spirit Deployment Table"