6th Regulan Hussars
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For August 2020
- MechWarrior 5 DLC, Heroes Of The Inner Sphere, Previewed In Podcasts And Streams
- MechCommander Returns As a MechWarrior 5 Mod
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For July, 2020
- The Evolution Of Long-Range Missiles In BattleTech, or Why You Should Shut Up And Love The LRM-5
- Read more →
|Sixth Regulan Hussars|
|Unit Profile (as of 3145)|
|Parent Formation||Regulan Hussars|
After joining the Regulus's forces, after few years in 2786, the Hussars had deployed to Muscida, One noted actions during the war, was League's attack of Bella I in April 2813. The Sixth was deployed with the Eighth Regulan Hussars as part an League attack group assigned to attack the planet.
The task force was center around the Carrack-Class Transport, Histria Azure. The operation centered around fooling the Lyran Garrison commander that Task Force was larger than they seemed. The Task Force's commander, Colonel Wendon McGaines, used coded signals the Sixth and Eighth that would be picked up by the Lyrans thinking there were two additional BattleMech regiments with the Task Force. The Garrison commander ordered evacuation of key personal and preparation of Lyran troops to withdraw from the planet.
Colonel McGaines ordered the Sixth and other troops to rush to the Lyran bases. The Regulans would attack the Lyran Commonwealth's bases and their fortified positions around the Bella I's capital. Combat would intensify around the Garrison's headquarters where battalion worth of 'Mechs and tanks would be loss fighting the Lyran with they lost equally mount of troops. In end the Lyran had successfully been fooled by McGaines' ruse and abandoning the planet. The Sixth would remain on planet until March 2816, where the unit would return to Regulus space due to League political fighting.
By the First Succession War's end in 2821, the unit had been reduced to 37 percent of it's fighting strength and had take a position on Cerillos. While fighting in the Second Succession War would continue to reduce the Regiment's strength 14 percent of it's fighting capacity.
The Sixth Regulan Hussars were traditionally loyal to the Captain-General, however in the end this was their downfall. The Sixth had deployed to the world of Loric only to be abandoned by the Captain-General, who left them without support or supplies for two years. This neglect ultimately led to their destruction in 2973 that drove a wedge between the Regulan Hussars and the Captain-General, with the brigade's personal loyalty shifting to supporting the Cameron-Jones family after a history of loyalty to House Marik that stretched back to the Marik Civil War.
On the 1st of May 3078 the Sixth Regulan Hussars landed on the world of Molokai in the Principality of Gibson to free the world from forces loyal to the Word of Blake. The local military forces tentatively welcomed the Regulans as liberators; unfortunately, the Regulans weren't wanted by the inhabitants, and the planet exploded into riots for several days after the Hussars arrived. The Blakists helped to fuel the riots by releasing footage of the Regulan Hussars using tactical nuclear weapons during campaigns for Futuna, Newcastle and Norfolk in 3077, thereby tarring the Hussars with the same brush as the Blakists themselves. These riots were worsened by the alleged presence of several Blakist ROM units that were reputed to be waging a terror campaign by randomly kidnapping and executing anyone who supported the Coalition forces. The worsening situation on Molokai and the unwillingness of the local population to enter into any form of dialogue with the Hussars led to mounting speculation in the Regulan media that Colonel Lord Downes, the CO of the 6th, would be forced to assign BattleMechs to disrupt the escalating riots.
The Sixth Hussars typically operated in a manner that ran counter to the Regulan Hussars: They actually approached combat cautiously rather than running in without a plan. The only thing that changed their tactics was a series of raids from the Rim Commonality and heavy losses they inflicted. In 3145 the Sixth would immediately attack any Rim Commonality unit whether they were provoked or not. They were stationed on Vosloorus.
|Commanding Officers of 6th Regulan Hussars|
The Sixth Regulan Hussars prefers to hang back and identify the enemy's weakest points before committing to battle. Once the weak spot has been found, however, the Sixth delivers a massive amount of force to that point.
2786 - 2821
6th Regulan Hussars^ (Regiment/Regular/Questionable) 
- Note: At this point in time the light-weight unit was stationed on Muscida. In 2821 the command was reduced to 37 of its strength and was deployed at Cerillos. 
6th Regulan Hussars (Regiment/Veteran/Reliable) 
- Note: At this point in time the light-weight unit was stationed on Cerillos with an operational readiness of 67 percent. 
6th Regulan Hussars (Regiment/Elite/Reliable) 
- Note: At this point in time the medium-weight unit was stationed on Cerillos with an operational readiness of 14 percent. 
Sixth Regulan Hussars - Green/Reliable 
Sixth Regulan Hussars - Regular/Fanatical 
- 1 Battalion
- Field Report 2765: FWLM, p. 16, "Regulan Hussars"
- First Succession War (Sourcebook), pp. 33, 75, 138 - Formation of the Sixth Hussars and their early actions during the War.
- Second Succession War, p. 98 - Sixth Regulan Hussar's noted information during the war.
- House Marik (The Free Worlds League), p.103, "Regulan Hussars"
- Field Manual: 3085, p. 92, "Regulan Hussars"
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 59, "The Jihad in Review"
- Jihad Hot Spots: Terra, p. 79, "The Push Continues"
- Field Report: FWLM, p. 9
- Field Manual: 3145, p. 110
- Field Manual: 3145, p. 116, "Regulan Strategic Military Command"
- Field Manual: 3085, p. 86
- ’’ First Succession War’’, p. 138
- ’’ Second Succession War’’, p. 98