79th Crimson Guards (Clan Blood Spirit)
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For March, 2021
- MechWarrior 5 Is On Steam & Catalyst Is Having A Sourcebook Sale
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For February, 2021
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For January, 2021
- Community Outreach - The Art Of BattleTech, Renegade HPG, And The Remastered BattleTech Cartoon
- Read more →
|Seventy Ninth Crimson Guards Cluster|
|Affiliation||Clan Blood Spirit|
|Parent Command||Tau Provisional Galaxy|
In the aftermath of the Burrock Absorption in 3059, the Seventy-ninth, along with the Seventeenth Crimson Guards drove the Third Falcon Velites off York and claimed the former Jade Falcon enclave on that planet. The battle was over so quickly that the Seventy-ninth did not fire a shot.
In 3075 the Guards and Tau Galaxy dropped on to Circe as part of the multi-Clan force of the Clan Steel Viper Annihilation. They had taken heavy casualties in the approach by hidden gun batteries and during the ground fighting the Galaxy was over run and broken by the Viper's Beta Galaxy, but was saved by a counter attack by Delta Galaxy of Clan Cloud Cobra.
After the Viper annihilation the Guards were rebuilt in 3082 they were stationed with their Galaxy in the Colleen system. Here in 3083 they came under attack by forces of both Clan Stone Lion and Clan Coyote; taking heavy casualties as they were pushed out of defensive enclaves. They stood at roughly thirty percent strength in 3084 when the Star Adders called for a Trial of Absorption and by the end of the year had been destroyed.
|Commanding Officers of the 79th Crimson Guards Cluster|
|Star Colonel||Mort Cluff||3059|
|Star Colonel||Forrest Campbell||3067|
|Star Colonel||James Faraday|||
79th Crimson Guards
- The Wars of Reaving, p.155-157
- Field Manual: Crusader Clans, p. 35, "79th Crimson Guards Profile"
- Field Manual: Updates, p. 41
- The Wars of Reaving, p.150
- Field Manual: Updates, p. 70