- Community Outreach - The Cauldron's Bear_cl4w and Krasnopesky Talk MechWarrior Online
- MechWarrior Online's Renaissance Is All Thanks To The Developers Putting Players In Charge
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For May, 2021
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For April 2021
- Why You Should Actually Trust BattleTech’s Mysteriously Short-Ranged Autocannons
- Read more →
|Mech type||Inner Sphere IndustrialMech|
|Armor||Durallex Commercial Light (Industrial Armor 42)|
|Engine||120 (Internal Combustion Engine)|
|Communications System||Doering Hi-Def Mk II|
|Targeting Tracking System||None|
The Crosscut is a popular type of LoggerMech, praised for operating efficiency in woodlands and dominating commercial forestry. Like other IndustrialMechs, the Crosscut requires considerable skill to pilot and some MechWarrior academies employ them as training 'Mechs to teach their cadets.
Weapons and Equipment
The Crosscut is equipped with a large chainsaw in place of a right hand actuator and a Cargo Hoist to allow it carry additional cargo with the left claw.
The 'Mech's Turbine Internal Combustion Engine allows it to achieve a top speed of 64.4 kilometers per hour.
Note: Some planetary militias have added weapons to the Crosscut to rig them for combat. These custom variants have not been stated as of this writing canonically.
- ED-X1 Crosscut
- During the Star League era, some Crosscuts were equipped with Fusion Engines. These first generation machines featured a rear Lift Hoist in the rear torso, had the traditional Chainsaw in the right arm actuator in place of the hand, and 1.5 tons of cargo space in the center torso. However, scavengers have been stripping valuable fusion engines from these 'Mechs for centuries, making Crosscuts equipped in this fashion very rare.
- Dual-Chainsaw Crosscut
- This variant is a custom order design, which is typically used for demolition.
- ED-X2M Crosscut MOD and ED-X2 Crosscut (Flamer)
- Both introduced during the Succession Wars Era (ED-X2M in 2801 and ED-X2 (Flamer) in 2810) were militarized versions of the X2. Both versions were armed during the Inner Sphere's First Succession War and the Pentagon War in Clan space. Despite being developed in isolation from one another, they are completely identical aside from their names with one exception. Each variant adds a Vehicle Flamer and a ton of reloads to the left arm. It retains the Chainsaw and center-torso Cargo Bays. A single heat sink allows it to fire the flamer without heat buildup. The Inner Sphere produced ED-X2M features a Advanced Fire Control which makes the weapons more accurate to use against targets. [ED-X2 (Flamer)]BV (2.0) = 247 [ED-X2M]BV (2.0)=148
- ED-X3 ForestryMech
- Used during the Succession Wars, this was a barebones version of the ED-X2. It had few notable features, which included retention of its Chainsaw and an up-rated ICE Engine that matched original ED-X1's in speed. While its commercial armor is kept to a bare minimum, the design's upgraded ICE engine enabled it to travel upwards of 86kph, which allowed an operator to flee from danger. BV(2.0)=202
- ED-X4 Crosscut LoggerMech
- Introduced in 2786, this was an updated version of the ICE-Engine powered ED-X3. Intended for civilian use, this Logger Mech reintroduced the Lift Hoist into the rear torso and regained a cargo hold for upwards of two tons. The design had slightly more armor than the X3, but its engine was downgraded to maximum run of 54 kph. The deBV(2.0)=223
- ED-X4B Crosscut DemolitionMech
- Introduced in 2910, this alternate version of the ICE-Engine powered ED-X4 LoggerMech. Intended for construction, this version of the Mech was designed for the demolition of structures. To undertake this task, the builder replaced the Crosscut's signature chainsaw with a Wrecking Ball. The Lift Hoist is retained in the rear torso and featureda cargo hold for upwards of three tons. BV(2.0)=224
- ED-X4D Crosscut DemolitionMech
- This was an alternate version of the ICE-Engine powered ED-X4B DemolitionMech. Like the B variant of the Mech, which was also introduced in 2910, it too is intended to for the demolition of structures and other dismantling tasks. Its main feature is its Dual Saws, which are mounted in the right arm actuator. While the Lift Hoist is retained in the rear torso, the cargo hold is removed from the design. BV(2.0)=225
- Created by Wechsel Royal Industrial Repair and Heavy Machining on Kaumberg, this Crosscut variant replaces the ICE with a Fuel Cell engine and protected by five tons of heavy industrial armor. The Lift Hoist is replaced by an SRM-4 with a ton of ammunition and Advanced Fire Control. BV (2.0) = 367
- ED-X4M Crosscut LoggerMech MOD
- This militarized version of the X4 model Crosscut which was introduced during the Jihad. Fitted out identically to the ED-X2 (RL) version, this Mech is armed with eight Inner Sphere-produced Rocket Launchers, split between the Mech's two arms with 3 Heat Sinks to cope with weapons heat. The arms only retain its upper arm actuators and shoulders in order to allow a MechWarrior to flip these arms over. Unlike the older ED-X2 (RL), this design has a Advanced Fire Control mounted in the head. BV(2.0)=430
- ED-X5M Crosscut LoggerMech MOD
- Introduced during the Jihad, this variant was also used by the Marian Hegemony. Based on the ED-X4, it replaces the Internal Combustion Engine engine with a Fuel Cell. Its armor protection is comparable to the ED-X4M MOD, and retained the saws of the standard Crosscut to confuse observers. Its left arm hand actuator was replaced with a Light Class-2 Autocannon and its one ton of ammunition. The Industrial Cockpit is modified with an Advanced Fire Control, allowing it to have a military level of accuracy with the weapon. BV(2.0)=317
- ED-X5M-B Crosscut DemolitionMech MOD
- The second iteration of the Marian Hegemony version of the armed Crosscut, it was introduced during the Jihad like its earlier version. This version features a Fusion engine and its 10 Heat Sinks. While it retains the same armor protection as to the ED-X5M MOD, its weaponry is comparable to modern BattleMechs. It features the Dual Saws of the ED-X4X Crosscut, while its left arm hand actuator is replaced with a Snub Nose PPC. Six of the Mech's heat sinks are spread out, one each in the torsos and feet with the remaining two in the center torso. Like the X5M, its Industrial Cockpit is also modified with an Advanced Fire Control. BV(2.0)=460
- Crosscut IIC SolahmaMech
- A failed Dark Age variant from Clan Sea Fox, the IIC uses a 300 XXL Engine and accompanies the Chainsaw with a left arm Improved Heavy Medium Laser and Advanced Fire Control. The 'Mech, a militarized IndustrialMech at a BattleMech price, sold poorly, and the project was shortly scrapped. BV (2.0) = 571
- ED-XX Crosscut "Icabod"
- The Crosscut Icabod is a unique and experimental tech version used by Jake Collins on Astrokaszy. Hollins has equipped the Icabod with a head mounted ER Medium Laser and ER Small Laser. This was done by using a Torso-Mounted Cockpit to free room in the head. The Internal Combustion Engine engine has been replaced with a fusion model that reduces the top speed to 54 km/h, but when the BattleMech Taser in the left arm hits his opponent, the lack of speed isn't an issue. The standard Chainsaw remains on the right arm and inflicts heavy damage in close combat. BV (2.0) = 417
Although referred to as a LoggerMech or ForestryMech, the Crosscut is related to, but not identical to the generic ForestryMech. Rather, it is one particular of many model variants of the generic design.
The Crosscut was constructed with Total Warfare construction rules, while the ForestryMech used the previous Maximum Tech rules. A most notable difference between the two is that the ForestryMech only masses 25 tons, uses standard BattleMech armor, and has a top speed of 50 kph.
- The Cargo Hoist was initially wrongly reported to be mounted in the Center Torso (rear) section, but this is impossible given that a Cargo Hoist requires three critical slots whereas only two are available in the Center Torso. The Cargo Hoist has since been errata'ed to be positioned in the left arm instead by Herbert A. Beas II, the line developer (as HABEAS).
- Record Sheets: Operation Klondike has the Lift Hoist mounted on the right torso, rather than the left arm.
- MUL Profile for ED-X2 Crosscut IndustrialMech - Introduction Year
- Record Sheets: Operation Klondike, p. 67
- MUL Profile for ED-X2 Crosscut IndustrialMech - BV2
- Technical Readout: Vehicle Annex Revised, p. 212
- Technical Readout: Vehicle Annex Revised, p. 229
- Record Sheets: Operation Klondike, p. 69
- Record Sheets: Operation Klondike, p. 68
- Record Sheets: Vehicle Annex, IndustrialMechs & Exoskeletons, p. 55 - Information on the ED-X2M Model Crosscut. Has same stats as Clan Crosscut with one point difference.
- Record Sheets: Vehicle Annex, IndustrialMechs & Exoskeletons, p. 55 - Information on the ED-X3 Model ForestryMech.
- MUL Profile for the ED-X4 CrossCut - Includes Introduction Year only
- Record Sheets: Vehicle Annex, IndustrialMechs & Exoskeletons, p. 66 - Information on the base model ED-X4 Model ForestryMech.
- Record Sheets: Vehicle Annex, IndustrialMechs & Exoskeletons, p. 67 - Information on the base model ED-X4B Model ForestryMech.
- MUL Profile for the ED-X4D Crosscut DemolitionMech - Includes Introduction Year only
- Record Sheets: Vehicle Annex, IndustrialMechs & Exoskeletons, p. 68 - Information on the base model ED-X4D Model ForestryMech.
- Touring the Stars: Kaumberg, p. 13
- Touring the Stars: Kaumberg, p. 16
- Record Sheets: Vehicle Annex, IndustrialMechs & Exoskeletons, p. 69 - Information on the base model ED-X4M Crosscut MOD - BV2 included.
- Technical Readout: Irregulars, p. 91
- Technical Readout: Irregulars, p. 92
- Technical Readout: Irregulars, p. 93
- MUL Profile for the ED-X4X Crosscut LoggerMech - Includes Introduction Year only
- Record Sheets: Vehicle Annex, IndustrialMechs & Exoskeletons, p. 70 - Information on the base model ED-X4X Model LoggerMech.
- Record Sheets: Vehicle Annex, IndustrialMechs & Exoskeletons, p. 71 - Information on the base model ED-X5M Crosscut MOD.
- Record Sheets: Vehicle Annex, IndustrialMechs & Exoskeletons, p. 71 - Information on the base model ED-X5M-B Crosscut MOD.
- Record Sheets: MechWarrior Dark Age I, p. 34
- Experimental Technical Readout: Caveat Emptor, p. 5
- Experimental Technical Readout: Gladiators, p. 8
- CBT Forum Posting: Crosscut question
- CBT Forum posting: Crosscut LoggerMech
- Record Sheets: Operation Klondike, p. 67
- Experimental Technical Readout: Caveat Emptor
- Experimental Technical Readout: Gladiators
- Master Unit List
- Record Sheets: MechWarrior Dark Age I
- Record Sheets: Operation Klondike
- Record Sheets: Vehicle Annex, IndustrialMechs & Exoskeletons
- Technical Readout: Irregulars
- Technical Readout: Vehicle Annex
- Technical Readout: Vehicle Annex Revised
- Touring the Stars: Kaumberg