|'Mech type||Inner Sphere IndustrialMech|
|Armor||Durallex Commercial Light (Industrial Armor 42)|
|Engine||120-rated internal combustion engine|
|Communications System||Doering Hi-Def Mk II|
|Targeting Tracking System||None|
The Crosscut is a popular type of LoggerMech, praised for operating efficiency in woodlands and dominating commercial forestry. Like other IndustrialMechs, the Crosscut requires considerable skill to pilot and some MechWarrior academies employ them as training 'Mechs to teach their cadets.
Weapons and Equipment
The Crosscut is equipped with a large chainsaw in place of a right hand actuator and a lift hoise to allow it to carry additional cargo with the left claw. The 'Mech's 120-rated internal combustion engine allows it to achieve a top speed of 64.4 km/h.
- During the Star League era, some Crosscuts were equipped with fusion engines. These first generation machines featured a rear lift hoist in the rear torso, had the traditional chainsaw in the right arm actuator in place of the hand, and could carry one and a half tons of cargo space in the center torso. However, scavengers have been stripping valuable fusion engines from these 'Mechs for centuries, making Crosscuts equipped in this fashion very rare.
- ED-X2 Dual-Chainsaw
- This variant is a custom order design, which is typically used for demolition.
- ED-X2 (Flamer)
- Introduced in 2810 during the Succession Wars era, this variant is a militarized version of the X2 and was armed during the Pentagon War in Clan space. Despite being developed in isolation from one another, it is almost completely identical to the ED-X2M MOD variant. The ED-X2 (Flamer) is armed with a vehicle flamer and retains the chainsaw, as well as the center-torso cargo bays. A single heat sink allows it to fire the flamer without worrying about heat buildup. BV (2.0) = 247
- ED-X2M MOD
- Introduced in 2801 during the Succession Wars era, this variant is a militarized version of the X2 and was armed during the Inner Sphere's First Succession War. Despite being developed in isolation from one another, it is almost completely identical to the ED-X2 (Flamer) variant. The ED-X2M MOD is armed with a vehicle flamer and retains the chainsaw, as well as the center-torso cargo bays. A single heat sink allows it to fire the flamer without worrying about heat buildup. This Inner Sphere variant features an advanced fire control which makes the weapons more accurate to use against targets. BV (2.0) = 148
- ED-X3 ForestryMech
- Used during the Succession Wars, this was a bare-bones version of the ED-X2. It had few notable features, which included retention of its chainsaw and an up-rated internal combustion engine that matched original ED-X1's in speed. While its commercial armor is kept to a bare minimum, the design's upgraded internal combustion engine enabled it to travel upwards of 86 km/h, which allowed an operator to flee from danger. BV (2.0) = 202
- ED-X4 LoggerMech
- Introduced in 2786, this was an updated version of the internal combustion engine powered ED-X3. Intended for civilian use, this LoggerMech reintroduced the lift hoist into the rear torso and regained a cargo bay for holding upwards of two tons. The design had slightly more armor than the X3, but its engine was downgraded resulting in a lower speed of 54 km/h. The deBV (2.0) = 223
- ED-X4B DemolitionMech
- Introduced in 2910, this is an alternate version of the internal combustion engine powered ED-X4 LoggerMech. Intended for construction, this version of the 'Mech was designed for the demolition of structures. To undertake this task, the builder replaced the Crosscut's signature chainsaw with a wrecking ball. The lift hoist is retained in the rear torso and featured a three ton cargo bay. BV (2.0) = 224
- ED-X4D DemolitionMech
- This was another alternate version of the internal combustion engine powered ED-X4B DemolitionMech. Like the B variant of the Mech, which was also introduced in 2910, it too is intended to for the demolition of structures and other dismantling tasks. Its main feature is its dual saws, which are mounted in the right arm actuator. While the lift hoist is retained in the rear torso, the cargo bay is removed from the design. BV (2.0) = 225
- Created by Wechsel Royal Industrial Repair and Heavy Machining on Kaumberg, this Crosscut variant replaces the internal combustion engine with a fuel cell engine and adds five tons of heavy industrial armor. The lift hoist is replaced by an SRM-4 with one ton of ammunition and guided by an advanced fire control. BV (2.0) = 367
- ED-X4M LoggerMech MOD
- This militarized version of the X4 model Crosscut was introduced during the Jihad. Fitted identically to the ED-X2 (RL) variant, this 'Mech is armed with eight Inner Sphere-produced RL-10s, split between the Mech's two arms; three heat sinks are mounted to cope with weapons heat. The arms only retain its upper arm actuators and shoulders in order to allow a MechWarrior to flip these arms over. Unlike the older ED-X2 (RL), this design has an advanced fire control mounted in the head. BV (2.0) = 430
- ED-X4M-A MOD
- A downrated engine allows this model to reach 34 km/h at most. It carries the expected chainsaw in the right arm, backed up with an AC/2 fed by one ton of ammunition in the left arm. BV (2.0) = 279 The variant created by Earthwerks Incorporated was available so quickly, many are suspicious of Earthwerks' involvement in the Dark Age hostilities.
- ED-X5M LoggerMech MOD
- Introduced during the Jihad, this variant was also used by the Marian Hegemony. Based on the ED-X4, it replaces the internal combustion engine with a fuel cell one. Its armor protection is comparable to the ED-X4M MOD, and retained the chainsaws of the standard Crosscut to confuse observers. Its left hand actuator was replaced with a AC/2 and its one ton of ammunition. The industrial cockpit is modified with an advanced fire control, allowing it to have a military level of accuracy with the weapon. BV (2.0) = 317
- ED-X5M-B DemolitionMech MOD
- The second iteration of the Marian Hegemony version of the armed Crosscut, it was introduced during the Jihad like its earlier version. This version features a fusion engine and its 10 heat sinks. While it retains the same armor protection as to the ED-X5M MOD, its weaponry is comparable to modern BattleMechs. It features the dual saws of the ED-X4X Crosscut, while its left arm actuator is replaced with a snub-nose PPC. Six of the Mech's heat sinks are spread out, one each in the torsos and feet with the remaining two in the center torso. Like the X5M, its industrial cockpit is also modified with an advanced fire control. BV (2.0) = 460
- Crosscut IIC SolahmaMech
- A failed Dark Age variant from Clan Sea Fox, the IIC uses a 300-rated XXL engine and accompanies the chainsaw with a left arm improved heavy medium laser and advanced fire control. The 'Mech, a militarized IndustrialMech at a BattleMech price, sold poorly, and the project was shortly scrapped. BV (2.0) = 571
- ED-XX "Icabod"
- The Crosscut "Icabod" is a unique and experimental technology version used by Jake Collins on Astrokaszy. Hollins has equipped the Icabod with a head-mounted ER medium laser and ER small laser; this was done by using a torso-mounted cockpit to free room in the head. The internal combustion engine engine has been replaced with a fusion model that reduces the top speed to 54 km/h, but when the BattleMech taser in the left arm hits his opponent, the lack of speed isn't an issue. The standard chainsaw remains on the right arm and inflicts heavy damage in close combat. BV (2.0) = 417
- Although referred to as a LoggerMech or ForestryMech, the Crosscut is related to, but not identical to the generic ForestryMech. Rather, it is one particular model of many variants of the generic design.
- The Crosscut was constructed with Total Warfare construction rules, while the ForestryMech used the previous Maximum Tech rules. A most notable difference between the two is that the ForestryMech only masses 25 tons, uses standard BattleMech armor, and has a top speed of 50 km/h.
- The cargo hoist was initially wrongly reported to be mounted in the center torso (rear) section, but this is impossible given that a cargo hoist requires three critical slots, whereas only two are available in the center torso. An erratum has been issued moving the cargo hoist to the left arm instead, by Herbert A. Beas II, the line developer (as HABEAS).
- Record Sheets: Operation Klondike has the lift hoist mounted on the right torso, rather than the left arm.
ED-XX Crosscut "Icabod" from XTRO: Gladiators
- MUL Profile for ED-X2 Crosscut IndustrialMech - Introduction Year
- Record Sheets: Operation Klondike, p. 67
- MUL Profile for ED-X2 Crosscut IndustrialMech - BV2
- Technical Readout: Vehicle Annex Revised, p. 212
- Technical Readout: Vehicle Annex Revised, p. 229
- Record Sheets: Operation Klondike, p. 69
- Record Sheets: Operation Klondike, p. 68
- Record Sheets: Vehicle Annex, IndustrialMechs & Exoskeletons, p. 55: Information on the ED-X2M Model Crosscut. Has same stats as Clan Crosscut with one point difference.
- Record Sheets: Vehicle Annex, IndustrialMechs & Exoskeletons, p. 55: Information on the ED-X3 Model ForestryMech.
- MUL Profile for the ED-X4 CrossCut - Includes Introduction Year only
- Record Sheets: Vehicle Annex, IndustrialMechs & Exoskeletons, p. 66: Information on the ED-X4 Model ForestryMech.
- Record Sheets: Vehicle Annex, IndustrialMechs & Exoskeletons, p. 67: Information on the ED-X4B Model ForestryMech.
- MUL Profile for the ED-X4D Crosscut DemolitionMech - Includes Introduction Year only
- Record Sheets: Vehicle Annex, IndustrialMechs & Exoskeletons, p. 68: Information on the ED-X4D Model ForestryMech.
- Touring the Stars: Kaumberg, p. 13
- Touring the Stars: Kaumberg, p. 16
- Record Sheets: Vehicle Annex, IndustrialMechs & Exoskeletons, p. 69: Information on the ED-X4M Crosscut MOD - BV2 included.
- Technical Readout: Irregulars, p. 91
- MechWarrior: Dark Age - Sneak Peeks, p. 7: "ForestryMech MOD"
- Technical Readout: Irregulars, p. 92
- Technical Readout: Irregulars, p. 93
- MUL Profile for the ED-X4X Crosscut LoggerMech - Includes Introduction Year only
- Record Sheets: Vehicle Annex, IndustrialMechs & Exoskeletons, p. 70: Information on the ED-X4X Model LoggerMech.
- Record Sheets: Vehicle Annex, IndustrialMechs & Exoskeletons, p. 71: Information on the ED-X5M Crosscut MOD.
- Record Sheets: Vehicle Annex, IndustrialMechs & Exoskeletons, p. 71
- Record Sheets: MechWarrior Dark Age I, p. 34
- Experimental Technical Readout: Caveat Emptor, p. 5
- Experimental Technical Readout: Gladiators, p. 8
- CBT Forum Posting: Crosscut question (dead link)
- CBT Forum posting: Crosscut LoggerMech (dead link)
- Record Sheets: Operation Klondike, p. 67
- Experimental Technical Readout: Caveat Emptor
- Experimental Technical Readout: Gladiators
- Master Unit List
- Record Sheets: MechWarrior Dark Age I
- Record Sheets: Operation Klondike
- Record Sheets: Vehicle Annex, IndustrialMechs & Exoskeletons
- Technical Readout: Irregulars
- Technical Readout: Vehicle Annex
- Technical Readout: Vehicle Annex Revised
- Touring the Stars: Kaumberg