|'Mech type||Inner Sphere BattleMech|
|Chassis||Geometric 1000 Endo Steel|
|Armor||Strasbourg Armaments Type 3|
|Communications System||Blow 55 Net|
|Targeting Tracking System||Scope 2000|
|Heat Sinks||11 double|
The Initiate medium 'Mech started production after the Word of Blake retook Terra, and has been produced in record numbers by the Word of Blake with no shortage of pilots. Overall, the Initiate is a reliable trooper 'Mech that is capable of filling a variety of roles on the modern battlefield.
Weapons and Equipment
The Initiate is built on a Geometric 1000 endo steel chassis to save weight, and is powered by an LTV 160 fusion engine that gives it a top speed of 64.8 km/h. For protection from enemy fire, the Initiate carries eight and a half tons of standard armor that allows the 'Mech to stand up to fire from most other 'Mechs of the same weight class or lower, and enjoys increased durability because of its CASE system that protects against ammunition explosions.
The Initiate has a diverse weapons mix that allows it to engage an enemy at a variety of ranges. For long-range combat, the Initiate has an Irian Weapons Works V7 LRM-15 launcher that gives it the ability to strike at an enemy at long ranges as well as giving the 'Mech an indirect fire capability. For medium range combat, the Initiate has two Irian Weapons Works Super 6 medium lasers and an Irian Weapons Works 60mm SRM-6 launcher. For close ranges, the 'Mech has three Diverse Optics ER small lasers. Finally, to protect against missile attacks, the 'Mech had a McArthur anti-missile system.
- Introduced during the Jihad, this is a modernization of the 'Mech utilizing newer technologies. The WoB engineers first exchanged the 02 variant's fusion engine with a light fusion engine, which not only allowed for a slight increase of armor, but allow more room for this era's latest production weaponry. All the 'Mech's original weaponry has been removed in favor of an MML-7, three small pulse lasers, and a pair of light PPCs. To keep the 'Mech more compatible with modern WoB formations, a C3i computer was added. To help handle the 'Mech's heat load, an additional double heat sink was added as well. BV (2.0) = 901
- Albatross - Though not directly related to the Albatross assault BattleMech, the Initiate was designed using some of the same weapons systems and is armed with a similar mix.
- In German products, the unit's proper name was translated to Initiat. The model code was left unchanged.
Original Initiate from TRO:3060
- Technical Readout: Jihad, pp. 72–73: "INI-02 Initiate"
- MUL online entry for Initiate
- Combat Operations, p. 134
- Record Sheets: 3060, p. 106
- Record Sheets: 3060 Unabridged, p. 123
- Technical Readout: 3060, pp. 84-85, "Initiate Profile"
- Record Sheets: 3060 Unabridged p. 124 - INI-04 variant from the RS3060u PDF book.
- BattleMech Manual, p. 92 BattleMech Quirk Table -Initiate Entry.