- MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries Has Arrived - Here's What You Can Expect
- The 'Mech That Looks Most Like A Turkey
- Community Outreach - How Michael Todd Met Robert N. Charrette
- Community Outreach - The Robert N. Charrette Collection
- New Heavy Metal Trailer For HBS’ BattleTech Reveals New ‘Mech: The Bull Shark
- Read more →
As at 3061 the Carrack-class transport Nestling was a WarShip within the Clan Snow Raven touman and was serving as the CSR Nestling, one of five WarShips that made up the Storm Crow Naval Pursuit Star. The Nestling continued to serve in the Storm Crow Naval Pursuit Star throughout the 3060s alongside the Texas-class battleship CSR Mountbatten, the Cameron-class battlecruiser CSR Kerensky's Hope, the Sovetskii Soyuz-class heavy cruiser CSR Storm Crow and the Conqueror-class carrier CSR Ark Royal.
The Storm Crow Naval Pursuit Star was responsible for the scourging of Galedon V, in which every major city on the planet was bombarded from orbit by Snow Raven WarShips a week after the population was given notice to flee; this massively destructive act was retaliation for the perceived involvement of the Draconis Combine in the destruction of the Swift Wing Naval Assault Star at Ramora on the 5th of January 3069, although later investigation subsequently placed the blame for the action on terrorists backed by the Word of Blake.
Nestling was one of three vessels that took fleeing civilians from Galedon as isorla only to subsequently discover that the civilians had brought the Curse of Galedon with them - an Age of War bioweapon later identified as XCON-73 that had been unleashed accidentally during an earlier conflict on the planet. Not only were the civilians infected, but XCON-73 was also being carried through the ventilation systems on all three ships. The three infected ships - the Mountbatten, Nestling and Storm Crow - were declared as targets of a Trial of Annihilation by Star Admiral Troy McKenna, the senior officer amongst the uninfected vessels. The Nestling immediately vented her holds into space, killing all the civilians aboard, but McKenna's forces pressed the attack; the Captains of all three infected ships fought back, but McKenna's forces prevailed, disabling or destroying all three ships.
- Field Manual: Warden Clans, p. 129, "Storm Crow Naval Pursuit Star"
- Field Manual: Updates, p. 64-65, "Naval Assets"
- Wars of Reaving, p. 43, "Scourging the Plague"
- Blake Ascending, p. 210, "Early 3069: The Fog of War"
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 46, "The Jihad In Review"
- Wars of Reaving, p. 45, "Retribution"