St. Ives Armored Cavalry
- Your BattleTech News Round-Up For August, 2023
- Community Outreach - Locust Labs And Creating The Hunchback For Tex Talks BattleTech
- An Ode To Light 'Mechs: Why BattleTech Needs More Light 'Mech Love
- Bad 'Mechs - Ostscout
- It's The Economy, Stupid! Understanding And Comparing MechWarrior 5 In Its Historical And Economic Context
- Read more →
|St. Ives Armored Cavalry|
|Parent Command||Capellan Confederation Armed Forces|
|Sub-Command(s)||See Units of the St. Ives Armored Cavalry|
The provincial forces of the St. Ives Commonality and St. Ives Compact, the St. Ives Armored Cavalry are the most elite force in the region. Traditionally, war matériel of the St. Ives Armored Cavalry is painted gray-green, with highlights specific to each command.
The St. Ives Armored Cavalry was formed as the military force of the St. Ives Mercantile Association. When that polity joined the Capellan Confederation, the Armored Cavalry became the provincial force for the St. Ives Commonality. Prior to the Confederation's creation, each member world of the Mercantile Association was responsible for raising and equipping its own Armored Cavalry unit. This led to a series of units that were tactically skilled and highly motivated, but lacked any real strategic coordination with their fellow regiments. The formation of the Confederation allowed the Strategios to rectify this shortcoming, and the St. Ives Armored Cavalry quickly became one of the best units in the CCAF.
After the Capellan-St. Ives War, the St. Ives Armored Cavalry only remained because Duchess Candace Liao promised that they would never be deployed outside the borders of the St. Ives Commonality without her permission.
During the Jihad, the First and Second St. Ives Lancers counterattacked Federated Suns units that participated in Operation SOVEREIGN JUSTICE. The various regiments of the St. Ives Armored Cavalry proved their loyalty to the Chancellor and the Capellan Confederation with their actions in the Jihad, and while the SIAC remained apart from the regular CCAF military because of their St. Ives origins, by 3081, they were once more one of the premiere assault commands of the Confederation. However, there was a degree of internal tension within the SIAC because of the stance Kai Allard-Liao took regarding the Republic of the Sphere; in calling for peace between the states he set himself apart from the attitude of the bulk of the brigade, who were keenly anticipating orders from the Chancellor to attack the Republic and reclaim Capellan worlds. Allard-Liao's stance prompted calls from those within his personal command, the 1st St. Ives Lancers, for him to stand down; it was notable that many felt that Allard-Liao's stance was due to emotional exhaustion after years of combat, rather than an act of treachery or disloyalty.
In 3085, the Armored Cavalry has been fully reintegrated into the CCAF. The Cavalrymen now think of how their actions will affect the Confederation as a whole, as well as St. Ives Commonality. The Armored Cavalry took part in Operation GOLDEN FORTRESS, and took serious losses during their fight with the Republic of the Sphere. During this fighting, Kai Allard-Liao refused an order from the Chancellor. Several St. Ives troops denounced him as a traitor and forced him to flee the unit.
|Commanding Officers of the St. Ives Armored Cavalry|
Different per unit.
Units of the St. Ives Armored Cavalry
- First St. Ives Lancers
- Second St. Ives Lancers
- Third St. Ives Lancers
- Fourth St. Ives Lancers
- Fifth St. Ives Lancers
- Sixth St. Ives Lancers
- Seventh St. Ives Lancers
- St. Ives Cheveau Legers
- Capellan Cuirassiers
- First Centauri Guards
- Second Centauri Guards
- Third Centauri Guards
- First Redfield Regulars
- Second Redfield Regulars
- Sharpe Rifles
- Sixth Teng Hussars
- Seventh Teng Hussars
- Justinia's Cuirassiers - (Surrendered - 4th Succession War)
- Devon's Armored Infantry - (Defected - 4th Succession War)
- Stapleton's Iron Hand - (Defected - 4th Succession War)
- Cochraine's Goliaths - (Destroyed - 4th Succession War)
- Shepard's Mounted Fusiliers - (Defected - 4th Succession War)
- St. Ives Academy Training Group
- St. Ives Academy of Martial Sciences Training Group
- First St. Ives Cheveau-Légers
- Second St. Ives Cheveau-Légers
Colors and Unit Insignia
- Field Report 2765: CCAF, p. 14
- Wolf's Dragoons, p. 11
- Field Manual: Updates, p. 29
- Field Report: CCAF, p. 18
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 99: "The St. Ives Armored Cavalry"
- Field Manual: 3085, p. 25
- First Succession War, p. 136: "Capellan Confederation Armed Forces (CCAF)"
- Field Manual: 3145, p. 37
- Field Manual: Capellan Confederation, p. 103: "St. Ives Armored Cavalry bio"