11th Mechanized Cavalry (Clan Hell's Horses)
- Did You Know? - Fan made TRO 3028 is better than the originals!
- BattleTech Technology - Today!
- Someone did the math on how many 'Mechs you kill in MechWarrior 3
- A chat with MechWarrior Online Champs: Empyreal's prtNspz - Full Interview
- Unstoppable: A chat with MechWarrior Online Champs, Empyreal's prtNspz
- Read more →
|11th Mechanized Cavalry|
|Unit Profile (as of 3067)|
|Parent Formation||Alpha Galaxy|
The Cavalry's insignia matches Alpha Galaxy's horse crest but in the color black. Furthermore, the Cluster's insignia shares similar to the crest that once used by the SLDF's 11th Mechanized Infantry Division.
Golden Century Era
Trials for Battle Armor Technology
The 11th Mechanized Cavalry was assigned to fight set of Trials of Possession against Clan Wolf forces on Tiber in 2886. The Cavalry fought for rights for newly developed Battle Armor technology which was soon developed by Wolves. Their actions paved the way for modern Elemental Battle Armor be introduced to the Clans.
Assault on Kindraa Smythe-Jewel
In 2872, the 11th Mechanized became part of a inter-clan task force with Clan Coyote to destroy Clan Fire Manrill's dishonorable Kindraa Smythe-Jewel in 2872. The Cavalry was deployed with the 666th Assault Cluster to hit the Kindraa's enclaves on Foster. Initially the unit's Aerospace fighters and DropShips joined other allied Clan forces, and engaged and dispatched the Kindraa's naval assets.
On the ground the Cluster along with other Clan Hell's Horses and Coyotes units engaged Smythe-Jewel's forces in a 26 hour battle. The 11th Cavalry, and its sister forces, used its vehicles and BattleMechs speed advantage and was able to position themselves to strike into the Kindraa's exposed flank. They engaged and fought the renegade Mandrills in battle, giving no quarter.
The Eleventh Cavalry served with distinction in the Free Worlds League under Alys Rousset-Marik's command. They invaded Hsien along with the 12th Atrean Dragoons, 7th Donegal Guards, and the Devil's Brigade. On Hsien they faced not only the Hsien Protectorate Militia and the Hsien Hotheads, but also the CCAF's 4th McCarron's Armored Cavalry and 4th Tau Ceti Rangers. Though they were able to coordinate their efforts against the Blakist troops, the Horses never got along with the CCAF troops.
During the liberation of Terra the Eleventh landed on Mars alongside the 7th Donegal Guards, Stone's Liberators, and the Alpha Galaxies of Clan Nova Cat and Clan Wolf-in-Exile. They were present for the surrender of Mars to General Andrew Redburn.
The Eleventh was a strong believer in combined arms tactics. Often they were deployed so that OmniMechs, Elementals, and combat vehicles made up a third of their deployment.
- CO: Star Colonel James Cobb
11th Mechanized Cavalry (Elite/Reliable)
- CO: Star Colonel John Lassenerra
When using scenario special rules or Force Specific Rules, the 11th Mechanized gain's its parent galaxy's Overrun Combat ability. The 11th's unique rule entails the following; When rolling up 11th Mechanized units, the controlling player must subtract 2 from the die roll results when using the random Star and Binary/Trinary weight classes. Warriors of the Cluster receive a have -1 penalty for target movement. When using MW3 RPG rules, player characters who are part of the unit receive a -1 modifier to social skill rolls due to their Cluster's status being a highly honor posting among the Clans.
During the REVIVAL Trials, the Eleventh reduces the target movement modifier by 1. To represent combined arms nature of the force, OmniMechs, combat vehicles, and Elementals each form one third of the force.
- Field Manual: Crusader Clans, p. 65 - 11th Mechanized Cavalry Cluster - unit insignia re-imagine of old SLDF 11th Mechanized's emblem.
- Field Manual: Crusader Clans, p. 54 Golden Century - the 11th Mechanized takes part of in technology-exchange trials that lead to formulation of the modern Clan Elemental Battle Armor squads.
- Field Manual: Crusader Clans, p. 54-56 Hell's Fury - 11th Mechanized's takes part of the destruction of dishonorable Fire Mandrill Kindraa and helps horses gain access to OmniMech technology.
- Operational Turning Points: REVIVAL Trials, p. 15
- Field Manual: Update, p. 71, "Crusader Clans Deployment Table"
- Jihad Hot Spots: Terra, p. 45
- Jihad Hot Spots: Terra, p. 78
- Jihad Hot Spots: Terra, p. 96
- Jihad Hot Spots: Terra, p. 134
- Operational Turning Points: REVIVAL Trials, p. 20
- Field Manual: Crusading Clans, p. 175 Alpha Galaxy / 11th Mechanized - Clusters benefits in combat and in roleplaying games.