17th Galedon Regulars
|17th Galedon Regulars BattleMech Regiment|
|Unit Profile (as of 3067)|
|Nickname||"Protectors of Karma"|
|Parent Formation||Galedon Regulars|
The Seventeenth Galedon Regulars are one of the DCMS' longest-serving provincial units.
 Reunification War
Early in 2572, First Lord of the Star League Director-General Ian Cameron issued Directive 21. The Directive gave Inner Sphere militaries the authority to "garrison" the undefended worlds of the Outworlds Alliance for "mutual defense and protection". Ostensibly, the directive was aimed at curbing pirate activity within the Alliance. The Seventeenth Galedon Regulars maintained their garrison around Santiago City on the Outworlds Alliance border world of Santiago. On December 14th, an officer within the Regulars retaliated against a mob of snow ball-throwing children, severely burning one with a canister of hot coolant. A riot mob organized, surrounding the officer's 'Mech and tripping it. The fall killed several bystanders. Isolated from her fellows, the officer fired her Locust's machine guns into the crowd to disperse it. In total, 27 were killed, and 30 more were severely wounded. This unfortunate event would go down in history as the Santiago Massacre.
The Santiago Massacre was merely the largest example of the tension between the Periphery citizens and the Combine soldiers. On several occasions the Santiago Militia and Galedon Regulars were involved in shooting incidents that started when members of one group insulted another. This resistance increased over time, and eventually 900 soldiers were killed. The Galedon Regulars retaliated by killing at least 1200 of Santiago's citizens.
During the whole Reunification War the 17th remained on the Outworlds Alliance front. Elements of the 17th reinforced the SLDF's 4th Division and 6th Division as they attacked Sevon, defended by the Pitcairn Legion. Later the 17th and 24th Galedon Regulars would take the world of Valentina for the Star League, and spend the months after their arrival dealing with the worlds resistance movement. The Galedon Regulars employed brutal tactics against their foes, summarily killing one in ten citizens and completely destroying the business buildings, homes, and farms of any suspected resistance sympathizers. In 2583 they moved to Tabayama, where they would remain until 2585.
 Third Succession War
Early 2930 Both the Twelfth Galedon Regulars and the Seventeenth Galedon Regulars bore the brunt of a major Davion offensive against Xhosa VII. Under the command of Brigader General Samson Sakamoto both regiments fought with valor but were severely mauled by the attacking forces.
 4th Succession War
The Seventeenth was one of the Combine units sent to Misery to destroy Wolf's Dragoons. Three weeks into that conflict they blocked a battalion of Delta Regiment, putting up severe resistance. The Seventeenth's unit was nearly destroyed by the Dragoon unit until reinforcements from another battalion of the Seventeenth hit the Dragoons in the flank. The Dragoons were able to withdraw after inflicting serious losses on the Seventeenth. The Seventeenth was able to destroy most of the Delta Regiment force however. These severe losses were inflicted every time the Seventeenth faced the Dragoons, eventually whittling them down to a few lances and forcing them to withdraw from Misery.
 Ronin Wars
 War of 3039
 Clan Invasion
 Operation Bulldog
 Dominion War
- 3023, the unit's commanding officer was Colonel Itseo Suribachi.
- 3025 to 3028, the Seventeenth was commanded by Sho-sho Brigham Rutledge.
- 3050, the Seventeenth's commanding officer was Tai-sa Jon Ziblerson.
- 3059, the commanding officer of the 17th is Tai-sa Macona Ahianu.
The Seventeenth prefers heavy 'Mechs and city fighting. They are adept at using the cover in urban environs to their advantage. Second Company, Third Battalion, under Sho-sa Conner Rhys, operates independently of the rest of his unit, probing the enemy lines for weak spots.
 Composition History
17th Galedon Regulars (Green/Reliable)
- CO: General Brigham Rutledge
- Note:The command contains 3 light battalions.
17th Galedon Regulars (Green/Fanatical)
- CO/1st Battalion: Tai-sa Macona Ahianu
- XO: Chu-sa Robert Paccuchio
- 2nd Battalion: Chu-sa Duaine Nohlaska
- 3rd Battalion: Chu-sa Jeremiah Lee
- Wing Commander: Dai-i Tahme Cross
17th Galedon Regulars Infantry (2 Battalions/Regular/Fanatical)
- Troop Commander: Chu-sa Hap Wynn Do
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Historical: Reunification War, p. 36
- ↑ Historical: Reunification War, p. 107
- ↑ Historical: Reunification War, p. 19
- ↑ The Periphery (sourcebook), p 25.
- ↑ Star League, p. 43, "Sparks of Santiago"
- ↑ Historical: Reunification War, p. 111
- ↑ Historical: Reunification War, p. 116
- ↑ Historical: Reunification War, p. 119
- ↑ Historical: Reunification War, p. 141
- ↑ Wolf's Dragoons (sourcebook), pp. 29-30
- ↑ Historical Turning Points: Misery, p. 14
- ↑ Historical Turning Points: Misery, p. 16
- ↑ Field Manual: Updates, p. 108, Galedon brigade profile.
- ↑ Wolf's Dragoons (sourcebook), p. 30
- ↑ "House Kurita (The Draconis Combine) p.135"
- ↑ Historical Turning Points: Misery, p. 9
- ↑ 20 Year Update, p. 41, "Kaznejov Prefecture"
- ↑ 18.0 18.1 18.2 18.3 18.4 Field Manual: Draconis Combine, p. 64, "Unit Profile"
- ↑ 19.0 19.1 House Kurita (The Draconis Combine),p. 135
- ↑ House Kurita (The Draconis Combine), p.145
- ↑ Historical: War of 3039 , p. 138