6th Lyran Guards
|6th Lyran Guards RCT|
|Unit Profile (as of 3067)|
|Parent Formation||Lyran Guards|
Third Succession War
The Sixth Lyran Guards are famed for the destruction of a Marik Mech-factory on the planet Ling during Archon Alessandro Steiners Deep Raid of 2987. During this raid, the Sixth hit multiple worlds along the Free Worlds League/Capellan Confederation border. Though a military success, it provoked a political battle as the troops involved hadn't been informed of the true scope of the mission or the fact that it would take ten months. 
During the Clan Invasion the Sixth was one of the first Lyran units shifted toward the Clan juggernaut, before taking up station on Rasalgethi after the Battle of Tukayyid.  The Sixth Lyran Guards were assigned the prototype FCS Claymore in early 3054, testing the new vessel during combat raids in the Jade Falcon Occupation Zone in the same year. 
The Sixth was part of the Lyran contribution to Operation Bulldog. Launching from Wolcott, the Sixth Lyran joined the 1st McCarron's Armored Cavalry, 8th Sword of Light and 5th Sun Zhang Cadre in striking at Clan Smoke Jaguar held Byesville during Bulldog's second wave,  destroying Psi Galaxy's Galaxy Command Trinary and prompting the 17th Jaguar Regulars to withdraw and fall back. 
As part of the third wave, the Sixth then joined the 79th Com Guard Division, Ryuken-go and 1st MAC in assaulting Garstedt, defended by Nu Galaxy's 143rd Garrison Cluster and the survivors of 17th Jaguar Regulars who'd fled Byesville. While both were second line clusters, the Jaguars proved tougher than expected, with Trinary Echo of the 17th Regulars holding back the entire SLDF assault force in the Numberg Canyon for more than four hours, allowing the bulk of Smoke Jaguars to flee to the Clan Homeworlds.  
In the fourth and final wave of Operation Bulldog, the Sixth Lyran travelled with the 79th Division to link up with the 4th Wolf Guards Cluster in the capture of Savinsville. With the withdrawal of Clan Smoke Jaguar from the Inner Sphere and with no hope of rescue, Kappa Galaxy's 3rd Provisional Garrison Cluster only fought long enough to satisfy its honor before negotiating a Trial of Possession to be captured by the Clan Wolf-in-Exile's 4th Wolf Guards Cluster. 
While performing to the level expected of such an elite unit, LIC reports submitted by the Sixth after Bulldog's conclusion indicate that its members arguably paid more attention to intelligence gathering against the Combine than fighting the Smoke Jaguars.  
FedCom Civl War
During the FedCom Civil War the Sixth Lyran Guards squared off against the 4th Davion Guards and the 17th Donegal Guards. They lost these battles, and several draconian actions taken by their CO, Lt. Gen. Seth Alpert, led several of the Sixth's subsidiary units to rebel against his authority. After arresting their former CO, the unit's executive officer surrendered the command to the Allies.
During the chaos of the Jihad the Sixth faced off against Clan Wolf forces on Tomans in 3070. Deprived of their transport, the Sixth (along with the Tamar Cavaliers) fought Clan forces until they were too heavily damaged. The few survivors surrendered.
As an experienced unit, the command will take every opportunity to beat an enemy.
6th Lyran Guards (Elite/Reliable)
- CO: Leutnant-General Daniel Voss-Steiner
6th Lyran Guards RCT (Elite/Reliable)
6th Lyran Guards RCT (Elite/Reliable) 
- CO: Marshal Seth Alpert
- CO: Captain Marcus Ehrle
- 54th Fighter Support Wing
- 41st Lyran Guards Wing
6th Lyran Guards Armor Brigade (3 Regiments/Elite/Reliable)
- CO: Colonel Mark Harrison
- Aide: Leutnant-Colonel Zara Bills
- 330th Cylene Armor Regiment: Colonel Nicklaus Jackson
- 196th Lyran Heavy Armor Regiment: Colonel Jemima Francken
- 60th Lyran Recon Regiment: Colonel Blaise D'Heure
6th Lyran Guards Infantry Brigade (6 Regiments/Elite/Reliable)
- CO: Leutnant-General Seth Albert
- Aide: Colonel Morena Cheung
- 55th Lyran Heavy Infantry Regiment: Colonel Alick Passini
- 906th Markab Light Infantry Regiment: Colonel Brewster Gladwin
- 333rd Lyran Light Infantry Regiment: Colonel Leandro Merrin
- 76th Lyran Jump Infantry Regiment: Colonel Greta Schubert
- 481st Lyran Commando Regiment: Colonel William Dickenson
- 8th Lyran battle armor Battalion: Kommandant Gilbert Fryer
The internal fighting of the FedCom Civil War was repeated in miniature in the Sixth Lyran Guards. By 3067, they were down to a little over half their pre-Civil War strength.
Homeworld Hesperus II.
- House Steiner (The Lyran Commonwealth), p. 51 "Regimental nicknames"
- House Steiner (The Lyran Commonwealth), p. 75 "Allessandro Steiner"
- Field Manual: Lyran Alliance, p. 77, "6th Lyran Guards Unit Profile"
- Era Report: 3062, p. 34 "Sixth Lyran Guards RCT (The Saucy Sixth)
- Wolf's Dragoons (sourcebook), p. 24
- Hector (short story), pp, 8, 20
- Technical Readout: 3057, p. 12
- "The Dragon Roars, pp. 10-11, "Unit Summaries - Operation Bulldog"
- "The Dragon Roars, pp. 12-13, "Unit Summaries - Clan Smoke Jaguar Defense"
- "The Dragon Roars, p. 44, "Wave Three: Bringing Down the Jaguar"
- "The Dragon Roars, pp. 48-49, "Scenario 10: 300 Spartans"
- "The Dragon Roars, p. 52, "Wave Four: Clean-Up"
- FedCom Civil War (sourcebook), p. 35
- Field Manual: Updates, p. 170
- Field Report: LAAF, p. 12
- House Steiner (The Lyran Commonwealth), p. 119 "Unit deployment table"
- Field Manual: Updates, p. 177, "Lyran Alliance Deployment Table"
- Historical: War of 3039, p. 137
- Objective Raids, p. 23