Blue Star Irregulars
- BattleTech Technology - Today!
- Someone did the math on how many 'Mechs you kill in MechWarrior 3
- A chat with MechWarrior Online Champs: Empyreal's prtNspz - Full Interview
- Unstoppable: A chat with MechWarrior Online Champs, Empyreal's prtNspz
- Meet the competitive leagues of MechWarrior Online
- Read more →
|Blue Star Irregulars|
|Unit Profile (as of 3069)|
The Blue Star Irregulars was a mercenary unit created by thirty-two of the thirty-seven recipients of the Blue Star of Kerensky, an award created by General Aleksandr Kerensky and awarded to MechWarriors who showed uncommon devotion to duty during the overthrow of Stefan Amaris.
The Blue Star Irregulars chose to serve under House Davion after their initial creation and remained in service with House Davion throughout most of their existence.
Fourth Succession War
The Irregulars were in service to the Federated Suns during the Fourth Succession War. All three regiments took part in the invasion of the planet Liao during the first wave of the war in 3028. Although the planet fell successfully, the unit's commander, General Mona Troy was killed while protecting a trainee lance of her troops.  The three regiments then assaulted Genoa and Arboris.
Following the creation of the Federated Commonwealth, the Irregulars were thrown at the Clans. Clan Jade Falcon mauled the unit badly. Owing to their support of Victor Steiner-Davion, the Irregulars moved to the Arc-Royal Defense Cordon. In a subsequent action in 3055 they captured a Fredasa-class WarShip from the Falcons with the help of Hell's Black Aces, which they christened Kerensky's Blues. As such, they were the only mercenary unit to field a WarShip outside of Wolf's Dragoons. Unlike the Dragoons, the Irregulars did not have the resources to maintain the vessel.
FedCom Civil War
The Blue Star Irregulars saw action during the Jade Falcon incursion of 3064, the unit was deployed to support Lyran forces operating in the Jade Falcon Occupation Zone. Their task was to garrison the worlds the Lyrans had conquered.
In January 3067, the Blue Star Irregulars' 21st Rim Worlds Regiment fought the 11th Arcturan Guards. During the battle, the 21st's command battalion was overrun by the Arcturans, the ensuing chaos causing the unit to be savaged by the Loyalist regiments, with only a battalion's worth of 'Mechs surviving. This marked the end of the Irregulars' participation in rest of the Battle for Tharkad.
The Blue Star Irregulars were on Black Earth when Tharkad was attacked by the Word of Blake. They were left there to defend against the Falcons. True to form, the Falcons took advantage of the Lyran Alliance's distraction to launch an invasion. Most of the unit was destroyed in January 3069 when Kerensky's Blues was unable to protect a fleeing flotilla of Irregulars and civilians who did not want to live under Clan rule. Though the mercenary vessel was able to destroy one Clan WarShip, the second annihilated most of the DropShips and JumpShips, then returned to finish it off. With only about a company of troops left, the Blue Star Irregulars disbanded. Some simply retired, while other joined different merc outfits on Arc-Royal.
Wu Sen Tang led the 1894th Light Horse Regiment as the new overall commander after the Battle of Tharkad in 3067.
Colonel Hank Hatfield-McCoy was the commanding officer of the 21st Rim Worlds Regiment, after the previous commander was killed in action.
The continued fighting over the past decades led to a finely tuned 1894th Light Horse, with high speed attacks and precision assaults a hallmark. Regiment
The Twenty-first Rim Worlds fought best in night conditions, and the new commander improved their marksmanship without the use of sophisticated equipment.
Units of the Blue Star Irregulars
Blue Star Irregulars (3 regiments/Regular/Reliable)
- Avatars of Painful Death - (Destroyed fighting Clan Jade Falcon)
- 1894th Light Horse Regiment
- 21st Rim Worlds
Blue Star Irregulars
- 1894th Light Horse (Regiment/Veteran/Reliable)
- Avatars of Painful Death (Regiment/Veteran/Reliable)
- 21st Rim Worlds (Regiment/Regular/Reliable)
1894th Light Horse Regiment (Veteran/Questionable)
- CO: Colonel Alexander Duff-Gordon 
Image:bluestarirregulars - 1894th Light Horse.png Image:bluestarirregulars - Avatars of Painful Death.png Image:bluestarirregulars - Twenty-First Rim Worlds.png
- Field Manual: Mercenaries, Revised, p. 46 - "Blue Star Irregulars Unit Brief"
- The Fourth Succession War Scenarios Volume One page 9
- NAIS The Fourth Succession War Military Atlas Volume 1, p. 12
- FedCom Civil War page 175-176 - Wave 7 - Tharkad - Irregulars' actions during the Battle of Tharkad.
- Herbert A. Beas II, Mercenaries Supplemental Update. Page 11.
- House Davion p. 136
- House Davion p. 136
- Historical: War of 3039 , p. 140
- Objective Raids, p. 23