|Manufacturer||Arcadia BattleMech Plant CM-T4|
|Chassis||Star League XT|
|Armor||Mk. VI Ferro-Fibrous w/ CASE|
|Communications System||Hector CC-22E|
|Targeting Tracking System||Brim CT-37 Mk. XII|
|Heat Sinks||17 Double heat sinks|
|Speed||65 km/h (86 km/h with MASC)|
Following the development of heavy laser technology, Clan Star Adder scientists sought a test-bed on which to mount the lasers. For this purpose, they resurrected the Lupus, a first-generation OmniMech that had been relegated to second-line units or put into storage. The heavy lasers worked so well on the Lupus, Khan Cassius N'Buta had more Lupuses refitted en masse, and new production commenced at their Arcadia BattleMech production lines. Why new production of the reworked and re-christened Hellfire gave up the Omni-technology of the parent is unclear - perhaps for expediency or cost-reduction, or to better showcase the heavy lasers. Whatever the reason, production at Arcadia BattleMech Plant CM-T4 began in 3058, with over 100 walking off the lines in the first year.
Weapons and Equipment
The Hellfire uses a smaller engine than the Lupus, so it only has a top speed of 65 km/h, though it uses MASC to get up to the 86 km/h, the top speed of the Lupus', in short bursts. The Hellfire mounts nine tons of Ferro-Fibrous armor.
For weaponry, the Hellfire utilizes an array of heavy lasers. At long range, the three "Longbow" III LRM-10 launchers provide some force. At medium range, a Series 4D-2 Heavy Large Laser and twin Series 7JA ER Medium Lasers are the go-to weapons. The armament excels at short range, when two Series 6A Medium Heavy Lasers and two Series 14 k. II Heavy Small Lasers can be brought into play. Though the heavy lasers are inherently inaccurate, the incredible damage output makes this 'Mech feared. Seventeen double heat sinks are woefully inadequate to keep heat levels under control, so MechWarriors must take extreme caution.
- Hellfire 2
- Approximately twice as expensive as the original, the Hellfire 2 uses an XL Engine to increase the 'Mech's speed to 86 km/h. In place of the LRMs are a pair of ATM 6s. The heavy smalls are replaced with a single ER Small Laser and an additional double heat sink. BV (1.0) = 1,793, BV (2.0) = 2,370
- Hellfire 3
- A smaller XL engine reduces this variant's top speed to 64km/h, but the MASC system allows the 'Mech to top out at 86km/h for short bursts of speed. The weaponry has been replaced: The side torsos each carry a single SRM-6, while each arm carries an ER Flamer, Flamer, and two Plasma Cannons. Fifteen double heat sinks dissipate the massive heat load generated by the weaponry. BV(2.0)=2,138
- Technical Readout: 3067, p. 120-121
- Record Sheets: 3067 Unabridged, p. 210
- Field Manual: Crusader Clans, p. 188
- Era Digest: Golden Century, p. 24
- Combat Operations, p. 110
- Record Sheets: 3067 Unabridged, p. 211
- Record Sheets: 3067 Unabridged, p. 212