|Manufacturer||Arcadia BattleMech Plant CM-T15|
|Armor||Arcadia Compound Delta VII Ferro-Fibrous|
|Engine||Fusion 270 Standard|
|Communications System||C-XII Series B4 GDS|
|Targeting Tracking System||C-12 Mk. III w/Artemis IV FCS|
|Heat Sinks||12 Double Heat Sinks|
One of the most popular Star League BattleMechs, many a Highlander accompanied General Aleksandr Kerensky into exile. Some were mothballed, but many found their way into the toumans of the Clans. As technology advanced, the weapons systems were upgraded until the design known as the Highlander IIC finally emerged. Though no new Highlanders have been produced in over a century, several hundred are still in scattered use throughout the touman of every Clan.
With the use of newer, lighter weapons, the damage potential of the Highlander has roughly doubled. The IIC also contains enough ammunition that it rarely needs to conserve any during Trials. Clan scientists were forced to rearrange the placement of some weapons within the 'Mech to allow it proper ammo feeds, but the design is largely unchanged. It carries the maximum amount of Ferro-Fibrous armor that can be crammed on the frame, fourteen and a half tons. As with the original, the IIC carries enough jump jets to move up to ninety meters at a time, allowing MechWarriors to execute the "Highlander Burial".
Weapons and Equipment
At long range, Highlander IIC pilots have an EMRG "Captain" Series Gauss Rifle and a Type XXVI "Great Bow" LRM-20 launcher at their disposal. Once enemies are closer, they can bring a pair of MPA-14 Mod. 12a Streak SRM-6 launchers and a trio of Series PPS-VIII Medium Pulse Lasers into the fray. Twelve double heat sinks keep heat mostly in check.
- Highlander IIC 2
- This new variant was introduced during the onslaught of fighting of the Jihad in 3072. The variant is fitted out as an all-range combatant with enhanced anti-infantry fighting. It has retained its Gauss Rifle & Streak SRM 6, while designs exchanged the LRMs for three ATM 6 Launchers four tons of ammunition. The Medium Pulse Lasers, have been exchanged for trio of ER Medium Lasers. For its anti-infantry role, it has six AP Gauss Rifles fitted into its left arm, with a ton of ammunition for them. Endo Steel has been added to the design, allowing for slight increase in its armor protection. BV (1.0) = ??, BV (2.0) = 2,928.
- MUL online date for the Highlander IIC
- Combat Operations, p. 108
- Record Sheets: 3060, p. 222
- Technical Readout: 3060, pp. 184-185, "Highlander IIC"
- Record Sheets: 3060 Unabridged, p. 282
- Record Sheets: 3060 Unabridged, p. 283, "new Highlander IIC variant introduced during the Jihad".
- Technical Readout: 3085, p. 190
- Record Sheets: 3085 Unabridged — Old is the New New, p. 148