- Devlin Stone's Origins Revealed
- BattleTech Is Coming In April!
- Blaine Lee Pardoe Provides Fascinating Look At “Twilight Of The Clans” Origins
- Year of Battle Armor: Unit 1 - Corona Heavy Battle Armor
- Community Outreach - Interview With Brent Evans, Lead BattleTech Developer At Catalyst Games
- Read more →
|Tech Base||Star League|
|Safe Thrust||2.5 g|
|Max Thrust||4 g|
|Fuel (tons)||75 tons|
|Fuel (days)||40.8 days|
|Armament|| 5 x ER Large Laser |
3 x ER PPCs
8 x Medium Lasers
3 x Large Pulse Lasers
3 x Medium Pulse Lasers
2 x AC/10
1 x Gauss Rifle
2 LRM-10s with Artemis IV FCS
1 x LRM-15 with Artemis IV
2 x LRM-20s with Artemis IV
2 x SRM-6s with Artemis IV
|Armor|| Unknown |
|Escape Pods/Life Boats||4/2|
|Heat Sinks||100 (200)|
The original Lung Wang design specifications from 3055 saw an upgrade to the Lung Wang P2 specifications after 3076; the Lung Wang P2 was considered the Capellan Confederation's standard Assault DropShip as of 3090 but it is arguably not a new design but rather an upgrade/evolution of the Lung Wang.
With a massive Xevec-19 drive offering impressive speed and range, the capacity to carry a standard Succession Wars era light raiding party of 'Mechs and fighters, along with considerable forward-facing firepower, the vessel ably meets those requirements. As a testament to the belief in the design, as part of its final evaluation in 3055, the prototype Lung Wang took part in a raid against the former Liao world of Lee, suffering heavy damage but successfully defeating a more agile and armored new-tech Armed Forces of the Federated Commonwealth Avenger. After this ringing endorsement, production was stepped up at the Rashpur-Owens Incorporated yards on Capella to meet the needs of the Capellan Confederation Armed Forces as well as export sales to the Free Worlds League while détente between the two nations was at its peak.
Intended to strike hard on its initial approach, the original Lung Wang's six nose bays are filled to near capacity with Gauss Rifle, twin ER Large Lasers, two Medium Lasers, LRM-15 and 20 racks, a SRM-6 launcher, an ER PPC, twin Large Pulse Lasers rounded off by a single Medium Pulse Laser. The nose weaponry is bolstered by a AC/10, twin medium lasers, LRM-10, ER PPC and medium pulse laser on each side facing forward. However the vessel does have a notable weak spot, the position of the fighter and 'Mech bays limit the amount of weaponry that the Lung Wang can mount on its aft quarters, its rear-facing weapons consisting of just one ER and pulse large laser, two mediums, a LRM-20 and SRM-6 rack, all unavailable once grounded.
The later Lung Wang P2 was modified to carry sub-capital lasers and ELRM launchers in the nose, and had additional heat sinks (see below).
The vessel's cargo capacity closely matches the preeminent Third Succession War era raider, the Leopard, carrying a complete Lance of BattleMechs, two AeroSpace Fighters, with a third cargo bay able to be configured between storage and carrying an Infantry Platoon.
The original Lung Wang could carry 314 tons of cargo; the upgraded P2 reduced this to 55.5 tons.
- Lung Wang Predator
- The CCS Predator is one of the most decorated vessels in service to the Capellan Confederation Armed Forces. After the Word of Blake was driven from Capellan space, Rashpur-Owens refitted the Predator with several experimental systems. The forward weapons were removed and replaced with three Heavy Sub-Capital Lasers and three Extended LRM-20s. The rear arc is covered by an ER Large Laser, as well as LRM-20 and SRM-6 missile launchers with Artemis IV fire control systems. Each wing has an LB 10-X, ER Large Laser, ER PPC, and twin Medium Lasers. A Medium Pulse Laser is the final wing-mounted weapon system. The most dramatic addition, however, must be the Mobile HPG system. This system allows the CCS Predator to warn the Strategios of incoming hostile forces. BV (2.0) = 7,937
- Lung Wang P2
- This version of the Lung Wang has been designated the Capellan Confederation's standard assault craft. Based on the CCS Predator refit, this variant carries the same Heavy Sub-Capital Lasers in the nose, but removes the Mobile HPG. The nose has also been given an extra ER PPC to provide some additional firepower. The second cargo bay, reduced to 18 tons in the Predator, has been expanded to 55.5 tons. BV (2.0) = 7,921
- online date for the Lung Wang
- Mass altered in Technical Readout: 3057 Revised and confirmed in the Master Unit List, superceding the mass of 2550 tons originally stated in Technical Readout: 3057 when the class was first introduced.
- AeroTech 2 Record Sheets, p. 215
- Experimental Technical Readout: Liao, p. 13
- Technical Readout: Prototypes, p. 188
- Record Sheets: Prototypes, p. 98
- Technical Readout: 3057, pp 24-25
- Technical Readout: 3057 Revised, pp 22-23