- Lead Developer Brent Evans Answers Big Questions On The Future Of BattleTech
- Was the Early Portrayal of the Capellan Confederation an Example of Yellow Peril?
- Mechwarrior Online World Championship Semi-Finals Seeding Games
- New Campaign Begins on MegaMekNET
- BATTLETECH Multiplayer Review - A Battle Of Titans
- Read more →
|Manufacturer||Csesztreg Industriplex Alpha Annex|
|Mech type||Clan OmniMech|
|Chassis||Production Wheeled QuadVee Chassis|
|Engine||300 Fusion Extralight|
|Targeting Tracking System||Unspecified|
|Heat Sinks||10  (Laser)|
|Speed||Speed by Mode
The Notos was an advanced Heavy-class hybrid between a Quadrupedal OmniMech and Combat Vehicle design, known more simply as a QuadVee, introduced by Clan Hell's Horses. Named after the Greek Goddess of the south wind, the Notos is a more refined QuadVee design in comparison to it's earlier predecessors. Retaining the best qualities of the previous models, the machine has been built to support a diverse array of weapon and equipment configurations, while also taking advantage of using wheels in place of tank treads.
The additional speed provided by the wheeled design - the speed perk being one not normally seen in its weight class - would help the Notos gain some acceptance among the Hell's Horses' highly mobile Cavalry and Ranger Cluster formations.
Weapons and Equipment
Designed as an OmniMech, the Notos can call upon 15 tons worth of equipment allowed by its omnipods. While it sports a modest 12.5 tons of Standard armor protection from enemy fire, its true innovation comes with its unique ability: transformation into a combat vehicle. Powered by a 300-Rated Extra-Light Fusion Engine, the vehicular Notos can travel at up to a swift 95 km/h, while in 'Mech mode it can move at a solid 80 km/h. This high speed gives it the capability to keep pace with fast combat formations. Unlike its predecessors, the Notos can move significantly faster over flat terrain thanks to its incorporation of wheels rather than tank treads.
Taking advantage of its 4-ton dual cockpit with its dedicated driver-gunner arrangement, the Notos Prime Configuration can easily concentrate its weapons payload of five highly accurate Medium Pulse Lasers on any part of a foe with the aid of a Targeting Computer. A standard ten Laser Heat Sinks help cope with any excess heat, and the Prime Configuration also features a Supercharger, boosting the Notos's Quad 'Mech speed up to 100 km/h in brief bursts.
- Alt. Config. A
- The A configuration is fitted with a single Class-20 Hyper-Assault Gauss Rifle with two tons of ammunition in its right torso, providing the QuadVee a rather dangerous long range reach. A pair of ER Small Lasers are also mounted in the left torso to provide backup at close range. BV(2.0)=1,528
- Alt. Config. B
- Another long range fire support variant, the B is armed with a pair of 15-tubed Long Range Missile launchers supplied with four tons of ammunition split between the two side torsos. Two ER Medium Lasers are mounted in its center torso to round out this Notos configuration's weaponry. BV(2.0)=1,877
- Alt. Config. C
- Intended for intermediate and close range combat, the C configuration has a varied array of weapons. It's main anti-vehicle and -Mech firepower comes from a pair of Improved Heavy Medium Lasers, backed up by three 6-Tubed Short Range Missile Launchers. A pair of Anti-Personnel Gauss Rifles is added to help the design deal with Battle Armor and other infantry threats. The configuration also features an Active Probe, ECM Suite, and Light TAG to give the design better utility to other combat units on the field. BV(2.0)=1,632
- Alt. Config. D
- Configured for long-range combat and as a sniper, this configuration mounts a pair of Extended Range Large Lasers in either side of its turret-like torso. A Targeting Computer and three additional Laser Heat Sinks are added as well to assist this configuration in performing effectively. BV(2.0)=1,865
- In the Alpha Strike Rules set for BattleTech, the Notos Prime has been given the Point Value of 38, with Specials including CASE, ENE, Omni, QV, and Turret (5/5/-).
- The name "Notos" is one variation of the name of the South Wind Greek Goddess; the Goddess is also known as Libonotus.
The Notos is subject to the following Design Quirks:
- Experimental Technical Readout: Republic, Volume 3, pp. 3-4, & 19-23 Notos - All information on the Unit including Record Sheets.
- MUL Profile for the Notos Prime - BV2 and Introduction Year. Profile notes the 'Mech has Advanced Technology versus experimental.
- MUL Profile of the Notos A
- MUL Profile of the Notos B
- MUL Profile of the Notos C
- MUL Profile of the Notos D
- MUL Profile for the Notos - Alpha Strike Card Info.