Special Recon Group (Wolf's Dragoons)
|Special Recon Group|
|Unit Profile (as of 3071)|
|Parent Formation||Wolf's Dragoons |
|Formed||Early thirty-first century|
The Special Recon Group is a special forces command which is part of the mercenary command Wolf's Dragoons. The SRG mixed command consists of a group of highly skilled troopers which utilise BattleMechs and has a separate vehicle/infantry Combined Arms force. The unit is trained to use speed, stealth and skill to carry out its highly specialized missions for the Dragoons. The command's components are trained to operate independently or as a unified force. The unit is principally attached to WolfNet and sometimes works with Seventh Kommandos.
The SRG component units have their own insignias. The entire Command's main insignia is a silhouette of a panther. Graham's Company or Night Owls' insignia is a Snow Owl with its wings extended. The Combined Arms Group's insignia is 8-point star which is half black & half red.
Notable Succession Wars Era Actions
In 3007, McCarron's Armored Cavalry commenced a raid on the Dragoon's main base on New Valencia. The Special Recon Group helped Gamma Regiment defend the their base, Fort Jaime, from the Liao mercenaries. McCarron's Armored Cavalry took control of the nearby city of Raiteland and caused significant damage to it. Meanwhile the Recon Group and rest of the Dragoons held the Cavalry off until three regiments of the Eridani Light Horse arrived to repulse the raiders. The Special Recon Group accompanied the Seventh Kommando in a retaliatory raid against the Cavalry's base on Menke.
The unit was noted for support during the Marik Civil War. Beginning on September 14th, 3014 the part the assault various worlds loyal Janos Marik, the SRG begun with assault on Nova Roma. Together with Gamma Regiment and the Seventh Kommando they succeeded in overthrowing the loyalist militias into Anton Marik's hands.
The SRG survived the devastating fighting at the end of the Fourth Succession War intact and was transferred to the Home Guard after the Battle of Misery , however by 3055 it was operating as an independent unit under the Special Operations Command .
Activities in later Eras
During the Dragoon Civil War the SRG deserted from Alpin Wolf's forces to support Jaime where their battlefield intelligence was vital in allowing his inferior force to outmanoeuvre Alpin's regiments  .
The Special Recon Group, normally assigned to its parent command, Dragoons Special Operations Command, was attached to Dragoon's Alpha Regiment for temporary assignment.
It is unclear if the Special Recon Group survived the assaults against Outreach during the early years of the Jihad. It is also unclear whether they participated in rescue of Dragoons forces on their former homeworld with Alpha Regiment.
Special Recon Group (2 Mix Companies+Command Lance) Command Lance (1 Light BattleMech Lance) - Elite Skilled
- CO: Major Hansen Brubaker
- CO: Captain Steven Graham
- Graham's Company Note: Unit DropShip assets include three Leopard Class DropShips; Peter Iredale, Silkie, & the White Rose. Entire most of three Lances are rated Elite skilled, with few less experienced MechWarriors.
Combined Arms Company (Combined Arms Company)
- Jump Infantry Platoon (Laser) - CO: Lieutenant Bethany Sigler
-Jump Infantry Note: Its non-rate commanders are largely Elite skilled rated.
- Armored Platoon (Ground Combat Vehicle Platoon) - CO: Lieutenant Lasto Harrison
- Aerial Recon Squadron (VTOL Lance) - CO: Lieutenant Victoria "Chopper" Cheyne
-Aerial Recon Squadron Note: The entire Squadron/Lance is rated at Elite skill rating. Unit consists of 4 Ferret Light Scout VTOLs. -Combined Arms Company Note: Entire Company utilizes Intruder Class DropShip, Bowfin. The Armored Platoon exclusively uses Pegasus Hover Tanks its force.
Later listings for the Special Recon Group do not give Composition or any details of their activities as of this writing.
- Wolf's Dragoons (sourcebook), p. 93 Special Recon Group - Unit description from Dragoon's sourcebook.
- Wolf's Dragoons, p. 10 Attack on New Valencia - SRC actions against the McCarron's Armored Cavalry on New Valencia & Menka.
- Wolf's Dragoons (sourcebook), p. 18 First Victories - SRG's noted actions during the Anton Marik Revolt.
- Wolf's Dragoons, p. 92
- Mercenary's Handbook 3055 p. 48
- Wolf Pack
- Field Manual: Mercenaries (Revised), p. 113 Dragoons Special Operations Command - Special Recon is assigned to work with the Alpha Regiment of the Dragoons.
- Mercenaries: Update, p. 120 - Information on Special Recon Group's whereabouts unclear.
- Wolf's Dragoons (sourcebook), p. 92 Special Recon Group - Unit commander named as of 3030.
- Field Manual: Mercenaries, p. 97 Force Command Units and Operational Commands - Unit commander as of 3059 listed.
- Wolf's Dragoons (sourcebook), p 97 Special Recon Group - Unit Composition listed with extensive details.